VOL 2

VOL 3

VOL 4

VOL 5

League: NBA

League Branding: Nike

Team: New York Knicks

Jersey Advertisement: Squarespace

The Vision: Yesterday my return post was meant with great criticism. Majority of people hated my concept because it was to out there for them. I listened to the critics harsh words, and went back to the drawing board. For today's concept I wanted to once again create a nontraditional design, so what better league than the NBA. I once again choose an iconic New York team, this time it was the Knicks. Today I bring you a much better presentation as well. Thank you.

Lifestyle Quote: "A snake will hiss, and a dog will bark. Animals are creatures of habit." -Kong Tom

Team Quote: "To design for the Knicks, one must take the pride of the city to heart, and embrace it as their own." -Kong Tom

Knicks_Away_Concept_Presentation.jpg

I hope you enjoy, and please leave honest feedback. Thank you.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea is pretty good, but I feel it isn’t executed well. The template you used isn’t great, it’s toot thin, especially when you use such a big knicks logo. Also, I wouldn’t use the Knicks logo, especially the primary. If anything use a less complicated secondary. Also, what’s the reason for the black lines on the side of the uniform? They seem necessary.

Where the Jets concept used New York elements that don't lend to their identity. this is a uniform that could use it. I'd get rid of black. IT's never looked good on a Knicks uniform. Rather than the whole logo I think if you used only the wordmark on the jersey and then set it at an angle it could add a new style that fits the team. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, DoctaC said:

The idea is pretty good, but I feel it isn’t executed well. The template you used isn’t great, it’s toot thin, especially when you use such a big knicks logo. Also, I wouldn’t use the Knicks logo, especially the primary. If anything use a less complicated secondary. Also, what’s the reason for the black lines on the side of the uniform? They seem necessary.

I couldn't find a template better than this that would still be good quality, I would of preferred the actual Nike jersey template, but this was the best I could find for this. I agree that the NYK circle would look good, if not better. For the black lines it was just a style I had a vision over. I was at a confused point, so I meditated until a vision appeared in my head, the vision were those black lines. Thank you for your feedback.

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Where the Jets concept used New York elements that don't lend to their identity. this is a uniform that could use it. I'd get rid of black. IT's never looked good on a Knicks uniform. Rather than the whole logo I think if you used only the wordmark on the jersey and then set it at an angle it could add a new style that fits the team. 

I was a little hesitant to put more New York elements because of the feedback I got last concept, but I know understand when I should use an element of that nature on a uniform. I used black to give a nod to the throwback 90's uniforms. What color would you suggest instead? And I'll see what the word mark would look like. Thank you for your feedback.

2 minutes ago, KingKongTom said:

I was a little hesitant to put more New York elements because of the feedback I got last concept, but I know understand when I should use an element of that nature on a uniform. I used black to give a nod to the throwback 90's uniforms. What color would you suggest instead? And I'll see what the word mark would look like. Thank you for your feedback.

I'd just go with orange with white outline.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Is there supposed to be a white outline around the orange side elements? I can't quite tell. 

One thing that isn't working is going from two orange stripes on the shorts to one on the jersey. Another problem is that the Knicks logo has a grey background when the other elements are either blue, orange or black. Toy around with altering the triangle or just crop it out altogether. 

16 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Is there supposed to be a white outline around the orange side elements? I can't quite tell. 

One thing that isn't working is going from two orange stripes on the shorts to one on the jersey. Another problem is that the Knicks logo has a grey background when the other elements are either blue, orange or black. Toy around with altering the triangle or just crop it out altogether. 

There is, I just realized it didn't show up very good. I'll go edit the triangle. Thank you for the feedback.

7 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

That's fairly good. I think black can work for the Knicks if done properly, and that's probably the best way to do it. It would probably look better if the side panels on the jersey and the shorts are the same.

I'll toy around with it, thank you for the kind words.

Vol 2 is better, but I wouldn’t use the primary logo instead of a simpler secondary/word mark. Also, if you’re still going to use the lines on the side of the uniform, I’d thicken the top orange stripe, it looks too thin like that. If you were to go in a different direction for the side design, I would consider using a silhouette of the Empire State Building, adding more New York elements as @MJWalker45 suggested.

4 minutes ago, DoctaC said:

Vol 2 is better, but I wouldn’t use the primary logo instead of a simpler secondary/word mark. Also, if you’re still going to use the lines on the side of the uniform, I’d thicken the top orange stripe, it looks too thin like that. If you were to go in a different direction for the side design, I would consider using a silhouette of the Empire State Building, adding more New York elements as @MJWalker45 suggested.

That's a great sounding idea. Thank you for the kind feedback, i'm about to post VOL 3

1 hour ago, KingKongTom said:

THIS IS VOL 4

VOL 1

VOL 2

VOL 3

Wow, this may be my best work ever. Thank you all for the feedback to get me to this point on this concept.

Knicks_Away_Concept_VOL_4.jpg

Alright this isn’t bad, me personally would eliminate any black, but that’s all you. It does look a bit strange having a black collar and sleeve but the waist is just orange. Maybe try a black orange black stripe or mimic a stripe off theirs current uniforms.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived