NFL by infernoqueso

infernoqueso

I am starting this thread after a long break from the forum. I am setting out to fix rather than completely revamp each teams' look.  Not only will I mock-up uniforms, but also merchandise and a field. In addition I have placed 2 restrictions on my concepts.  

1.)  Teams can have up to 2 different helmets.  

2.)  Teams can have up to 4 different jerseys (including throwbacks).  

Teams:

Arizona Cardinals (Updated)

Atlanta Falcons (Updated)

Baltimore Ravens

Buffalo Bills

Carolina Panthers

Chicago Bears

Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos

I will start in alphabetical order with the Arizona Cardinals.  Their current uniform is a mess of piping and looks incredibly dated.  My idea was to restore a classic feel to a historic franchise, while adding a modern twist.  I left the helmet untouched, because in my opinion it is key part of their identity.   I sublimated the Arizona flag into the uniforms to establish a unique and regionalized look for the team.  The black alternate takes this to an extreme but stays in line the the home and away. I also included a faux-back look that incorporates elements of past uniforms while still fitting in with their current identity.   C&C is appreciated, next up will be the Atlanta Falcons.  

cadinals%20full%20uniform_zps6urzd2od.pn

cardinals%20field_zpshfuwwbu2.pngcardinals%20field%202_zpszwhmtdo7.png

For the Cardinals, lose the Flywire also. Solid otherwise!! Reincorporating the Arizona flag is a concept l could get behind, 1988 all over again, and that's a good thing?

On 8/9/2018 at 1:03 PM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Idk if I'd put the star shining like a beacon on the players dick on the black jersey

I chuckled out loud when I read this.

In all seriousness, I agree with the sentiment, if only for the fact that jerseys are tucked in, so that detail would get lost.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Next up are Atlanta Falcons, and I wanted to merge a combination of eras.  I brought back the early 2000's wordmark because it gives their brand more personality than their current font choice.   I also brought back a red helmet, but slapped on the current logo and a more modern striping evoking forward motion, similar that of a falcon.  This striping is applied on the home and away jerseys as well as the pant options.  The alternate features wings on the sleeves, and a fauxback that is a hybrid of the color rush and the "Dirty Bird" uniforms.  

falcons%20full%20uniform_zpsfdfuoujk.png                                       

falcons%20field%202_zpsukdbo3si.png 

The next team is the Baltimore Ravens, a team with great colors, but a boring uniform set.  I kept the base of the old uniforms, but added in some Maryland flag sublimation.  This applies to the helmet striping of the black helmet, jerseys, and black pants.  In this case, I emphasized the use of gold in their identity to add contrast to the purple/black.  The alternate white helmet has chrome purple accents, as an added option that brings a modern flair to a dated look.  

ravens%20full%20uniform_zpsxywyf5fs.png

ravens%20field%202_zpsggkvkiv3.png

• 3 weeks later...

Nice template. Love the simplicity of the Cardinals jerseys. The first revision is the best. I really like the Falcon's jerseys too. The gray pants look like Ohio Buckeyes to me which is probably why you decided to make the stripes partial to the black and white pants. 

• 2 months later...

I am back home for Thanksgiving, which mean I can update this thread once more.  The next team was the Buffalo Bills.  The base look, remains intact, but navy is removed from the uniforms. The alternate helmet is just a rehash of the old red helmets with striping to match the white helmet.  The fauxback option take inspiration from the old sleeve striping of the franchise, and adds in the navy of the 2000's in a much more integrated way.  

O9t6szT.jpg

jj24AZT.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The next team in the series is the Carolina Panthers.  This is a team where I took a more modern approach replacing traditional striping with slash marks evoking the imagery of a Panther.  The helmet striping is also removed, but the alternate helmet is covered with a chrome logo to match the shinier silver accents on the uniforms.  A more modern number font is slanted to match the style of the new unis and reflect motion of a stalking panther.  

hJ1WCIH.jpg

OfZTWZr.png

CARDINALS- Those cardinals uniforms are awesome! I wish they would switch, as their current ones suck IMO. Maybe red helmets to see what that would look like, but that would be the only thing to see. 

FALCONS -  The black and white jerseys should have the same sleeves as the red jersey. It evens the jerseys out and really differentiates from the throwback. If you go red helmet, maybe red pants to be able to be worn. Just my take, but I think it looks great when helmet and pants are the same color. It always looks timeless. Either way, definitely an upgrade! Great work. 

RAVENS - Maybe a purple helmet instead of the white one. Only one team has purple, a lot have white. Only possible suggestion for them. 

BILLS - All the striping should match. For example, if you look at the white helmet, jersey, and pants, the helmet and pants have blue outside with red inside, but the jersey has red outside with blue inside. The red jersey and helmet are opposites, as well as the blue jersey and pants. The OCD in me would say the numbers may have to change to match, but you can go either way. I dig the overall design!

PANTHERS - Me personally, I think the white jersey/pants/numbers should be taken out and substituted with the grey like you did the grey pants. Other than that I think the numbers need a thin outline. I like how they look now, but if you matched it with the claws, it would be brilliant. 

Digging all of your work, looking forward to the rest!

• 2 months later...

Back home and back to dropping some material.  I really like the current bears uniforms, so with that as a template only came up with a pair of faux backs.  Only change to home and away are GSH colorways.  Not much to describe, but I plan on branching away from current looks more with the next concepts.  

spacer.pngspacer.png

The next team showcased is the Dallas Cowboys, with a rehash of the '94 look with a few tweaks.  The white helmet is added with chrome striping, to go along white pants.  The faux-backs are similar to the cowboys traditional look, but maintain color consistency with the rest of the uniform pieces.  The end zones swap out depending on the helmet option.  

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

To keep it rolling, the next team is the Denver Broncos.  The set is based off the color rush with some updates.  The alternate helmet with the "D" bronco is updated to fit the current brand, and is added on the pant options.  Kept it simple, focusing on mixing and matching.  

spacer.pngspacer.png

Archived