MLB 2019 All Star Game

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate that the entire logo is slanted, and all the white space is going to look terrible in patch form. Also probably the sparsest All-Star Game logo in decades. Not in a good way, either.

That reveal video was strange too. They showed all these elements of the city skyline, guitar strings, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Jacobs Field... and then used exactly none of them in the logo. I was thinking while watching that video "how many elements can they possibly cram into this logo?" and was surprised when the answer was... none. The video teased something dramatically different than the end product.

The baseball seams forming a guitar is rather inspired, but I really liked what they had going with the guitar string motif, and it wasn't leveraged at all.

4 hours ago, zigbazah said:

When I see a guitar, I always think of Nashville. And, yeah, I know the RRHOF is in Cleveland. 

You should only think of Nashville when you see an acoustic guitar. Whereas this style of guitar should evoke a city with a rich history of rock and roll...like Memphis. :P

The logo is okay. The angles are weird, especially the "Cleveland" mark against the already slanted guitar shape. The placement of the MasterCard...er...balls is always unfortunate. What really redeems this identity is ALL of the type and supporting art. Especially love the animated stitches and the bat-shaped frets.

6 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

As someone pointed out on twitter. The All-Star Game uses three different As.

Once you see it it will drive you crazy.

Overall, I like the stitching used with the guitar.

It would be better if the A from "game" was swapped with the A from "star." Then the little notch (or whatever it's called) would fit into the negative space of the T.

I wasn't a big fan of the logo at all yesterday, but it's starting to grow on me. 

I still really like this.

Guitars should be tilted, so I have no problem with that being part of the design, it should be that way.

In addition, I really don't think the "Cleveland" script would appear tilted if it was at the same angle as the guitar (if that makes sense).

To me, this was their way of making the Cleveland script stand out and look more like those Cleveland signs (which I mentioned in the MLB changes thread). If they didn't angle the Cleveland script more than the guitar, everything would be at the same angle, which would essentially make the script look "normal" again (in relation to the rest of the logo), no? This seems quite obvious in the video/motion graphics they posted on Twitter.

Using the same "A" throughout the logo would be nice, but it doesn't ruin it for me because I love the font.

My favorite part is actually the guitar/baseball threads haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Just being a braggart here...It's weird when random guesses become true. Had no clue about it...just took a wild guess.

I like the logo though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I kinda wish the team would use the font from this.

I have a weird feeling that the Cleveland font could be the font used in the rebrand.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived