"Desecrating" the NFL

MDGP

On 9/2/2018 at 2:12 PM, HoopsCoach55 said:

You flipped the color of the stripes on the Pats away jersey. The front is blue over red, the back shows red over blue. Otherwise, I find several of your designs very interesting.

Good call on that, I'll get that fixed up.

In the meantime, I have a preview of my next team with a logo design which should be pretty apparent.

aHXQYDH.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/5/2018 at 10:46 PM, heavybassX said:

Think the lightning bolt IS the mane.

Close, but not quite.

The actual inspiration for the yellow comes from a long line of military history. I wanted to combine two eras of the Chargers' history by utilizing elements from the curved lightning bolt logo and original Los Angeles Chargers logo featuring the horse head. Therefore, my first thought for the horse was the historic knights and cavalry units used by practically every nation known to man. Eventually, I scrapped the idea of having someone riding the horse, and just included the horse/lightning bolt combination. The yellow bolt portion is meant to double as a stylized version of armor/covering that were traditionally placed upon the heads of horses during battle as well as during jousting matches. In many such instances, these covers would also cover the mane of the horse, which is the intent here. Obviously, the design isn't perfectly accurate regarding the head covering, but I feel the stylized version gets the point across.

Speaking of which, I have a new updated version of the logo that I think is a bit cleaner and gives a better look at the horse.

d3TDADy.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

This is an ambitious concept and I wouldn't give up on it, but I might try experimenting with other ways to combine a horse and lightening bolt. With it's current form and color scheme it's pretty difficult to read, it seems a little too alien and It kind of reminds me of the Buffaslug. It's pretty intriguing but not very appealing at the moment. I love the rest of your series, I would try reworking this one.    

sig-01_zpsb2ab3976.png

• 4 months later...

Jets - Cool idea. Maybe an alternate dark green jersey?

Saints - Love it! 

Bears - interesting take. a little hesitant to say it, but Absolutely love it.

Texans - great take. Clean look and feel to it. 

Chiefs - cool take. I would never have thought of that. I’d say drop the shadows (I can’t stand the drop shadows on football uniforms) and it’s a winner for your design. 

Titans - the numbers look too fat. Almost like they’re bold instead of regular font. Also, maybe another pants option besides just white? 

Ravens - Gorgeous. Lone issue is the numbers on the white jersey look too fat. Maybe it’s just the lighting messing with the purple and black. 

Raiders - something’s a little off with the copper, especially on the white jersey Can’t put my tongue on it though. Maybe a shade or two too dark/not vibrant enough. Otherwise, love it! Great job on the city change! 

Patriots - I love’em. Great update. I personally like in between navy and royal blue, but personal preference only. 

Where’d this thread go? I’m digging the work...

On 9/7/2018 at 3:30 AM, Lafarge said:

Speaking of which, I have a new updated version of the logo that I think is a bit cleaner and gives a better look at the horse.

d3TDADy.png

Here, read this pamphlet: "So You've Designed The Equuaslug"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 hours ago, Jumba66 said:

(Deleted due to length)

Where’d this thread go? I’m digging the work...

Thanks for the reply, I’m really glad you like what you see. I actually do agree with you on the numbers on the Titans jerseys looking back. They do seem a bit “puffy” to me. Regarding the Chiefs, the drop shadow might actually be my favorite part. So, while I completely understand where you’re coming from, that likely won’t be changing. 

In regards to the thread disappearing? A combination of hitting a creative wall and life happening. I’ve been working on designs and soon I should have enough where I’m ready to post most of the rest in pretty rapid succession. 

18 hours ago, the admiral said:

Here, read this pamphlet: "So You've Designed The Equuaslug"

Is it it better or worse that I was well aware at the time I was creating the equuaslug? Worse, I imagine. 

8 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Just catching up on these now. They are gorgeous. I love the current ravens identity but that new one is golden. And the new chiefs pant stripe? Love. Saints? Gorgeous. It’s all gorgeous great work

Thanks for the comment! Those three are actually my favorite three designs I’ve done so far, so I’m really happy to see that they’re being received so well. 

Archived