Kaz

2018-19 NBA Season

9 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

The Grizzlies did Grizzlies things last night. After beating Utah in Utah (twice!) they turn around and lose to the Suns.

.............and now they face the Warriors tonight in Oakland. 

16 hours ago, FloridHardaway said:

I'm so glad for the Magic win in San Antonio after the disaster against Clippers at home (-25). I hope we win tonight against Cavs.

Of course I chose to go to the Clippers game instead of the Cavs one. Because why not?

Well, we’re back to prime Magic - we have about a 50/50 chance to win vs good teams, and about a 20/80 chance to win vs bad teams. Our collapse against Cleveland showed that. But hey, Fournier actually did something!

5 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Of course I chose to go to the Clippers game instead of the Cavs one. Because why not?

Well, we’re back to prime Magic - we have about a 50/50 chance to win vs good teams, and about a 20/80 chance to win vs bad teams. Our collapse against Cleveland showed that. But hey, Fournier actually did something!

I' so happy for the Magic, we are near to the first playoff spot and I'm glad for Fournier (I'm french like him!).

I caught the end of the Lakers game last night, which was a good win against a full-strength Wolves team.

Two observations:

- KAT was basically invisible out there. Granted, the game was turning into a three-point contest, but Tyson Chandler won the game for the Lakers with offensive boards and KAT did nothing.

- LeBron looks especially disinterested, even for him. Brandon Ingram threw the ball away for an easy Jimmy Butler layup, and LeBron looked disgusted with him. James was clutch down the stretch (along with Kuzma, Hart and Chandler), but I wouldn't say anyone was having fun out there.

CJ looks bad for hatin' on White Donté.

White Donté proved to us he could ball before those middle school tweets came out.

White Donté is getting about 20 minutes/night from Coach Bud* so he's already got some credit.

*-Personally, I think Bud ain't all that since he not only failed as GM, when having lesser talent, he kinda gave up.

Warriors guys getting hurt after playing so much ball in four seasons those Lakers squads?

Whoa, who is white guy #24?

Welp, Melo to Houston isn’t looking great so far. And oh goodie! Another injury for Steph. Just sit him and Durant all season. Throw in Klay and Draymond, too. They’ll still be a 3 or 4 seed. 

16 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Welp, Melo to Houston isn’t looking great so far. And oh goodie! Another injury for Steph. Just sit him and Durant all season. Throw in Klay and Draymond, too. They’ll still be a 3 or 4 seed. 

Rockets just received Jeff Bzdelik out of "retirement". HOU will get better soon.

That's it? Wasn't Houston going to give them 4 first rounders? I'll just go ahead and be mad Miami struck out and now Butler's in the East again. Great!

Also, #23 is already taken on the Sixers' roster. Is there a rule against a midseason number change?

14 minutes ago, alxy8s said:

That's it? Wasn't Houston going to give them 4 first rounders? I'll just go ahead and be mad Miami struck out and now Butler's in the East again. Great!

Also, #23 is already taken on the Sixers' roster. Is there a rule against a midseason number change?

There's no point in having so many additional 1st Round picks if they are likely to still be non-lottery picks because HOU will always spend. Tillman Fretitta wants to win and is okay with paying the luxury tax, and likely the repeater.

Thibs also isn't interested in a rebuild and neither should that fanbase who went over a decade w/o a playoff appearance.

I don't know basketball outside of what the Sixers are doing (and even then just what I hear on the radio and the occasional game I watch) but I genuinely liked Saric and Covington.  Does this Butler fellow play defense?  I think Covington was one of their best defenders, and Saric was really hard working and seemed to be good at the clutch shots.  Seemed like the kind of guy that could start on a lot of teams.

Just read the ESPN article, and it said that the owners did the negotiating.  That can't be good - can it?  Why wouldn't the "basketball people" work out the deal and then just get ownership to sign-off.  I get that the owner needs to be involved since it likely means shelling out $190M in the offseason, but he shouldn't be negotiating.  

Watch Butler opt-out and sign with the Lakers, then the Sixers are hosed.

55 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't know basketball outside of what the Sixers are doing (and even then just what I hear on the radio and the occasional game I watch) but I genuinely liked Saric and Covington.  Does this Butler fellow play defense?  I think Covington was one of their best defenders, and Saric was really hard working and seemed to be good at the clutch shots.  Seemed like the kind of guy that could start on a lot of teams.

Just read the ESPN article, and it said that the owners did the negotiating.  That can't be good - can it?  Why wouldn't the "basketball people" work out the deal and then just get ownership to sign-off.  I get that the owner needs to be involved since it likely means shelling out $190M in the offseason, but he shouldn't be negotiating.  

Watch Butler opt-out and sign with the Lakers, then the Sixers are hosed.

Well, it is the ownership group's money and Elton Brand has been on the job officially less than 60 days. Elton may just be GM in title only with Brett Brown reporting directly to the ownership.

That said, Jimmy Butler is not just 3rd Team All NBA  each of the last two seasons and a 4x All Star, he's a 4x All Defensive Team too.

Hey, he can D-up nearly anyone.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/butleji01.html

Edited by dfwabel

Well then.  I guess I like it... as long as he doesn't fight with JoJo and Simmons.

I wonder if the Wolves even asked for Fultz and were denied, or if they figured he was a bust and didn't even want him.  

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Well then.  I guess I like it... as long as he doesn't fight with JoJo and Simmons.

At this point, that's a big if. Butler is a definite top 15 player but has turned into a huge :censored: too. Playing in the East again will probably be good for him, and if all goes well, Philly's a lock for a top four seed (although they kind of were anyway, huh?).

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I wonder if the Wolves even asked for Fultz and were denied, or if they figured he was a bust and didn't even want him.  

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

At this point, that's a big if. Butler is a definite top 15 player but has turned into a huge :censored: too. Playing in the East again will probably be good for him, and if all goes well, Philly's a lock for a top four seed (although they kind of were anyway, huh?).

Oh, he'll challenge the habits of everyone on the roster sans Riddick, but Jimmy may rip his living in Brooklyn.

Jimmy's preferred ride is still a Toyota Sienna, with him behind the wheel, so he will be reasonable off the court and beat their ass in practice.

I would have preferred to see Butler in Miami chewing Hassan's ass.

i think it’s a great move on the court, but damn it’s easy to see the Butler/Embiid relationship combusting someday down the road.

That Atlantic Division looking awfully fearsome (no thanks to the NYC teams!).

25 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I would have preferred to see Butler in Miami chewing Hassan's ass.

Ha!  Between Hassan and Olynyk dazing off into fairyland on defense it would be must see TV for sure.

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

i think it’s a great move on the court, but damn it’s easy to see the Butler/Embiid relationship combusting someday down the road.

Hey, the Nets don't completely suck this year! :P

1 hour ago, Digby said:

That's why the trade is so great.