Kaz

2018-19 NBA Season

54 minutes ago, Wings said:

I think DGNow & dfwabel should start their own little "we hate the Bay Area" fan club. Lol. 😂🤣😋

I just called Durant the best player in the league. That's big for a self-acknowledged LeBron fanboy.

I'll agree with you guys @DG_Now & @dfwabel about Fitz, he's grading as hell but I've always liked Barnett & Tim Roye is awesome. Fitz likes to remind people that he went to Notre Dame. 

1 hour ago, Wings said:

I think DGNow & dfwabel should start their own little "we hate the Bay Area" fan club. Lol. 😂🤣😋

I've lived here since 2007 and have remained here, thus it's hard to say I hate the area.

What I hate is how "homeristic" the team announcers area PLUS how awful sports radio is post-Barberei.  Ralph and the Razor wasn't great, but it was better than anything this area has had before or since.

NBA has local tv homers, but Fitzgerald/Barnett are the worst since they spent over a decade w/o a playoff appearance thus when 2007 hit, they became Super Homers. Orlando Magic's  Chip Carey/Goose Givens were less homers in their beginning. 

Old a$$ George Blaha is not a Homer.

Kevin Calabro is not a Homer.

Joel Meyers is not a Homer.

Mike Gorman IS a Homer

Eric Reid (Heat) IS a Homer.

Mark Fallowill is not a Homer, but Jeff "Skin" Wade is and is paid to be one.

We need good/bad/Homer NBA announcer talk

Edited by dfwabel

Just now, dfwabel said:

I've lived here since 2007 and have remained here, thus it's hard to say I hate the area.

What I hate is how "homeristic" the team announcers area PLUS how awful sports radio is post-Barberei.  Ralph and the Razor wasn't great, but it was better than anything this area has had before or since.

NBA has local tv homers, but Fitzgerald/Barnett are the worst since they spent over a decade w/o a playoff appearance thus when 2007 hit, they became Super Homers. Orlando Magic's  Chip Carey/Goose Givens were less homers in their beginning. 

Mike Gorman IS a Homer

I know. I'm just messing with you guys. I lived there almost my whole life before moving to Oregon. Fitz is very annoying and he likes to remind people he went to Notre Dame.  

3 hours ago, Wings said:

I know. I'm just messing with you guys. I lived there almost my whole life before moving to Oregon. Fitz is very annoying and he likes to remind people he went to Notre Dame.  

Has there ever been a Notre Dame graduate in history that doesn’t like to remind people they went to Notre Dame?

5 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Has there ever been a Notre Dame graduate in history that doesn’t like to remind people they went to Notre Dame?

Don Criqui

6 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Mike Gorman IS a Homer

We need good/bad/Homer NBA announcer talk

When I listen to a Celtics broadcast, I don't think of Mike Gorman as the obnoxious homer on that crew!

Stacey King seems like he must be a Bulls homer because he's a pull-string doll of catchphrases he's trying to get over, but his actual analysis is fairly even-handed for a local telecast -- certainly not Heinsohnian. Red Kerr was a pretty big homer for the Bulls, but also a founding figure of sorts for the organization, so what else would he be?

I for one love hearing homer announcers.

I feel like this is going to end poorly for Hezonja:

Because of Reinsdorf. 

The NBA is doing so well. Imagine how well they'd do if their New York and Chicago franchises weren't piles of crap.

Rockets scored 29 points in the entire 2nd half against Minnesota. Didn't think that was possible for any team let alone the D'Antoni Rockets.

16 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Rockets scored 29 points in the entire 2nd half against Minnesota. Didn't think that was possible for any team let alone the D'Antoni Rockets.

They lost to Cleveland this year. Anything is possible. 

On 12/3/2018 at 1:50 PM, the admiral said:

Because of Reinsdorf. 

The NBA is doing so well. Imagine how well they'd do if their New York and Chicago franchises weren't piles of crap.

Hell you could say the same about the Lakers in recent years prior to LeBron.

The east runs through the Cavs. Now and forever.