Kaz

2018-19 NBA Season

18 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Update -- it was fun! The game started at 6 p.m. and was over by 7:58 p.m. (I checked). Dejounte Murray, Kam Chancellor, Jamal Crawford and Macklemore were in attendance. 10-minute quarters are great.

And most important, the Seattle Storm are really, really good. They play Warriors-esque smart basketball, constantly moving the ball around for the best shot. It was pretty exciting to watch and the Storm ran away with the game. Tickets were $40 each with fees, which is $10 more than I would have liked to have paid, but was still a good value.

Overall, the WNBA Finals were good fun. It it comes to game 5 (it won't), I'll go again.

It's a shame the Delle Donne is at 80% at best.  Glad you enjoyed the game.

Don Nelson has turned into Jeff Bridgespugi5glyyn3sqek9okts.png

10 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I was thinking more along the lines of Joe Walsh:

musician-joe-walsh-of-the-eagles-celebra

Jeanie Buss is kind of the best

On 9/8/2018 at 3:53 PM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Honestly,  I think they're the 4th best team in the East as far as a 7 game series goes. Boston, Philly and quite possibly Milwaukee could take them in 7. 

Fair. Still interested to see what actually happens. I was shocked at the letting go of DeRozan. I hope Leonard is the missing piece needed.

On 9/8/2018 at 2:56 PM, DG_Now said:

The Don Abides

13 hours ago, Magnus said:

Fair. Still interested to see what actually happens. I was shocked at the letting go of DeRozan. I hope Leonard is the missing piece needed.

If he plays like we know he can and without any distractions and drama, then yes, they're capable of dispatching any other team in the East. I just have a feeling that there's going to be some behind-the-scenes issues. He doesn't want to play there. He made that perfectly clear. His camp is telling him to pretend like he's happy and to get through the season, because next summer is what matters. 

This doesn't bode well for the Sixers, in the summer of 2021, right?

https://deadline.com/2018/09/brotherly-love-siblings-comedy-inspired-by-ben-simmons-from-lebron-james-springhill-kourtney-kang-set-at-nbc-1202461375/

EXCLUSIVE: NBC has given a script commitment plus penalty to Brotherly Love, a single-camera comedy from 2018 NBA Rookie of the Year Ben Simmons, NBA superstar LeBron James and his SpringHill Entertainment as well as former Fresh Off the Boat co-executive producer Kourtney Kang.

Written by Kang’s brother, Patrick Kang, and Michael Levin, Brotherly Love is inspired by the life of Ben Simmons and centers on a unique sibling relationship within a multi-ethnic family. Together, they pursue their dreams while navigating life in the spotlight in Philadelphia, a passionate city where sports is in your blood, and your blood is always boiling.

Kourtney Kang executive produces alongside LeBron James and Maverick Carter via their SpringHill Entertainment. Patrick Kang and Michael Levin serve as co-executive producers, while Ben Simmons and his brother Sean Tribe will be consulting producers. Warner Bros. TV, where SpringHill has a deal, is the studio.

AD signed with Klutch this week, right?

Uh oh, Russell had his right knee 'scoped.

The Thunder, Westbrook and his representation determined that after he experienced inflammation in his knee this past weekend that the best course of action was the proactive procedure, performed by Dr. Neal ElAttrache with Thunder medical personnel present at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles.

Westbrook will be re-evaluated in approximately four weeks, at which time a further update will be provided.

Edited by dfwabel
quote added

The main reason I became a Clipper fan is retiring after this upcoming season...

https://www.foxsports.com/west/story/ralph-lawler-longtime-los-angeles-clippers-play-by-play-announcer-to-retire-after-2018-19-season-091218

It's great that the team will be honoring him all season, and Bill Walton is scheduled to join a group of guest analysts who will work with Lawler on different telecasts throughout the season.  Of course, since the team fired Bruce Bowen (still a mind-boggling hire to begin with, especially since he had no ties to the team), they still need to find a permanent color analyst for Lawler.  Especially after all of the bad teams he had to broadcast for, and the CP3-Blake Griffin era pretty much blowing-up in everyone's faces, he's more than earned the right to go out on his own terms.

One way (among many) the team will honor Lawler...

Dm7UvqKXoAAddY3.jpg

https://twitter.com/LAClippers/status/1040002484054323202

On 9/12/2018 at 8:13 PM, dont care said:

That is a very minor procedure today, most come back within 2 weeks.

His third 'scope on that knee within the last five years.

32 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

His third 'scope on that knee within the last five years.

Not unusual, Kobe had his scoped abunch too, especially when he was in his prime

25 minutes ago, dont care said:

Not unusual, Kobe had his scoped abunch too, especially when he was in his prime

How'd all that go for Kobe's teams?

45 minutes ago, dont care said:

They won 2 championships 

Russ has "Playoff P", Steve Adams, and Roberson who can't shoot.

So you're telling us Russ will go to Europe for stem cells in 9 months

Kobe did it fairly quickly.

Damian Lillard's response to fans' criticism of not posting any summer workout videos. Hilarious!