Kaz

2018-19 NBA Season

Marv Albert needs to be done. Earlier he called Steven Adams Steven Nash and he just confused Russell Westbrook for Denis Schroeder. He does this stuff constantly.

Also, Paul George playing hero ball is ugly.

This team is so fun to watch! This will be quite an entertaining year, even if we’re not good.

EDIT: LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!! This team is AMAZING!!

Edited by Magic Dynasty

Through two nights of the NBA season, the best player in the league is clearly Devin Booker.

People don't really talk about him, but I hope he makes the leap this year. I don't think the NBA needs a good Phoenix Suns team or anything, but Booker is a really exciting player and deserves more national exposure.

Also, Doncic fat.

Well, Rob Pelinka has a job now...find a dude who can hit a d@mn 3! But Josh Hart can't be part of ANY deal.

They should be running Portland outta the gym.

Edited by dfwabel
Hart comment

Sauce Castillo needs to just retire tonight.  Your NBA career will never have a higher point.

Man, it is going to be a LONG season for Lebron...

4 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Man, it is going to be a LONG season for Lebron...

Overreacting. Nik was the best he'll ever be.

LAL missed their first 16 from 3.

Lonzo had an outside shot.

Josh Hart is a real talent.

They weren't working and playing most efficiently, but they got great looks and easy baskets.

5 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Overreacting. Nik was the best he'll ever be.

LAL missed their first 16 from 3.

Lonzo had an outside shot.

Josh Hart is a real talent.

They weren't working and playing most efficiently, but they got great looks and easy baskets.

I doubt it, dude. This team feels on par or JUST under what he had last year in a MUCH harder conference. Portland isn’t very impressive and they kinda handled them all game. I’m thinking (as was everyone leading up to this) it’s a low seed in the west, at best, for this squad.

3 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

I doubt it, dude. This team feels on par or JUST under what he had last year in a MUCH harder conference. Portland isn’t very impressive and they kinda handled them all game. I’m thinking (as was everyone leading up to this) it’s a low seed in the west, at best, for this squad.

That's your choice.

The Lakers really won't get any worse.

CLE had better dudes outside the arch.

Welcome to the Thunderdome a.k.a. The Western Conference, Mr. James. 

47 minutes ago, Wings said:

Welcome to the Thunderdome a.k.a. The Western Conference, Mr. James. 

Thunderdome isn't Portland as Jody Allen will sell the team and arena. 

The Blazers team management is now in flux.  They cannot make moves, but fire the mediocre Terry Stotts.

11 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Thunderdome isn't Portland as Jody Allen will sell the team and arena. 

The Blazers team management is now in flux.  They cannot make moves, but fire the mediocre Terry Stotts.

Really. No :censored:ing kidding. I was referring to The Western Conference as Thunderdome not the Blazers. Thanks for the sports report skippy. 

11 minutes ago, Wings said:

Really. No :censored:ing kidding. I was referring to The Western Conference as Thunderdome not the Blazers. Thanks for the sports report skippy. 

Simmons' had his best comment ever with PDX fans as "soccer mom's".  The MLS success hasn't hurt his initial thought.

And Castillo did win the game for y'all.

Three little dudes (Lilliard, CJ, and Castillo) won y'all the game.   Stotts knows his a$$ is gone with the owner death and salary cutting.

8 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Simmons' had his best comment ever with PDX fans as "soccer mom's".  The MLS success hasn't hurt his initial thought.

And Castillo did win the game for y'all.

Three little dudes (Lilliard, CJ, and Castillo) won y'all the game.   Stotts knows his a$$ is gone with the owner death and salary cutting.

I get it now. You're really Simmons himself!!!! Weird handle name like dfwabel but whatever. Now I understand all the nonstop sports nonsense that you constantly bombard all of us with here. Cheers mate. Wow a real life celebrity. I think I'll go tell my Mom. 

45 minutes ago, Wings said:

I get it now. You're really Simmons himself!!!! Weird handle name like dfwabel but whatever. Now I understand all the nonstop sports nonsense that you constantly bombard all of us with here. Cheers mate. Wow a real life celebrity. I think I'll go tell my Mom. 

Your post is incorrect on all points.

1-I am not a Bill Simmons handle.

2- Tell your Mom's, I appreciate her work.

3- I apologise that you cannot travel in the years you've been a CCSLC member. In the last two years, we've kinds talked about inexpensive transatlantic or transpacific travel but you watched domestic sport.

Don't meet me in Temecula, meet me in Redding. ?

On 10/17/2018 at 12:30 AM, DG_Now said:

Marv Albert needs to be done.

Is Marv losing it? I am sorry to read that. He spent a couple of seasons in the Nets' booth; but he clearly was not motivated, and bailed out early from his deal. The remarkable Ian Eagle was sort of pushed aside by Marv's arrival, which was unfortunate. But I admit that I was excited to have Marv with the Nets — much more excited than Marv was to be had by the Nets.

Speaking of people who are not excited by the Nets...

The team imagined that, by taking the locality name "Brooklyn", it would somehow become relevant. But the use of the name of a section of New York City has done nothing to raise the team's profile, neither in the metropolitan area as a whole, nor within the City, nor even in the borough of Brooklyn itself.

Jimmy Kimmel is in New York this week, doing his show at a Brooklyn opera house. In the set-up to a joke last night he mentioned the Nets, and got complete silence from the audience. But at the mention of the Knicks in the next sentence of the same set-up, there came a spontaneous applause that nearly derailed the whole joke. Kimmel said that the Knicks had lost their opening game; but that was not picked up by the audience, which was busy clapping enthusiastically in response to the mere mention of the Knicks, the same Brooklyn audience which had just sat completely unresponsive at the mention of the Nets.

The fact is that the Brooklyn Nets are just as obscure now as the New Jersey Nets had been. The team's "Brooklyn" name guarantees that most of New York City will not see it as their team, which is absolutely no change from the team's status when it had the name "New Jersey". Indeed, most basketball fans in Brooktlyn don't see the Nets as their team, as can be seen every time the Knicks visit and the Knick fans outnumber the Net fans. Worse, the visits of the Celtics continue to be just as embarrassing as these visits had been in New Jersey.

The New York Nets would surely not have displaced the Knicks, either. But they would surely have had much greater penetration into the local fanbase than the Brooklyn Nets have had. The Brooklyn Nets had a brief period of quasi-relevance right after their move, up through the big trade with Boston that ultimately did not work out. And, thanks to their sub-local name, which squanders the benefit of being in New York City and places them outside the consciousness of future generations of New York fans, we can be certain that the team will never again reach even that height.

With some of the worst attendance and the absolute worst television ratings in the league, the Nets are a team with large-market expenses and a small-market profile. 

The Lakers will be fine. Rondo is good. LeBron is good. Josh Hart is real good.

NIK ROCKS! had the game of his life last night and LA Houston'ed from three. If they hit just 30% of those, they win going away.

TIL the Toronto Raptors now play in Scotiabank Arena. That's kind of a trip.

Also, Kawhi looks great in Toronto. I bet he stays.

The Jazz just put 81 on the Warriors in the first half.

Everyone's bombing threes tonight. Check the rest of the league tonight:

ylmsOmL.png