Remaking Every NHL Outdoor Uniform (Updated 12/12; Added Penguins and Sabres)

JJ Anderes

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2017 CENTENNIAL CLASSIC

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

f6c451f8fcabcaf06f01b9c9e284eb6af220619a

I think most people were expecting throwbacks for this game. Here's a throwback to the Arenas uniforms, although not completely the same.

DETROIT RED WINGS

503dc7a5c875af5a99df698c1ff9de09107e2ebc

A simplified version of their 1927-28 Cougars sweaters.

C&C is welcome and appreciated as usual.

2016 HERITAGE CLASSIC

WINNIPEG JETS

e5621e179bde16a8fca11788e649fb5fbfa10078T

This was by far the best-dressed Heritage Classic. But what if Winnipeg had taken a different route and chosen not to wear white at home?

EDMONTON OILERS

5977f9256a8dbbf763e5b6738c0f261cc02277a4

Color reversal. I also changed the pants to match the ones they wore during their WHA days.

C&C is welcome and appreciated as usual.

The Jets should have a third stripe on the hem. Jerseys don't look so good when there's a northwestern stripe on the arms and socks, but not the hem. And it would be more accurate to their WHA days...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On September 10, 2018 at 4:59 PM, chcarlson23 said:

The Jets should have a third stripe on the hem. Jerseys don't look so good when there's a northwestern stripe on the arms and socks, but not the hem. And it would be more accurate to their WHA days...

Here you go...

4dcd94fd647d55e79c7992993f66688c723e1262

2016 STADIUM SERIES (COORS FIELD)

COLORADO AVALANCHE

187050bfbe60388a7892428b3a64976dee6ef154

DETROIT RED WINGS

e71c7fe575ad22f1af88518e4d892163e5fdc3e4

The Avs one is interesting... I just don’t think the colors are common enough to what they wear in real life to work. Needs burgundy or at the very least an emphasis on the darker blues. The Red Wings one, same thing. Black is never going to happen for them.  Both are well designed though. Overall I like your work but as I said in an earlier post, this all feels more like color rush than outdoor games.

I agree that the Hawks should have some light blue for the flag. The Wild should have some red. But this series is fantastic! Keep up the good work! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Most of these are amazing, I do have a couple I'm not crazy about though.

Minnesota: The Wild need some red IMO, even if it's just in the logo.

Detroit: Not a fan of the Wings adding black, let alone this much of it.

Pittsburgh: I think adding a little white would be good, even if it is just in the logo, since penguins are actually black and white not black and yellow.

Great job none the less, these are all pretty nitpicky, the majority of these have been perfect. Keep it up!

Also I just noticed this, but Mikael Granlund isn't the captain of the Wild, Mikko Koivu is...

But like Section30 said, these are SUPER nitpitcky, great job!

18 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Also I just noticed this, but Mikael Granlund isn't the captain of the Wild, Mikko Koivu is...

But like Section30 said, these are SUPER nitpitcky, great job!

Damn, I think I started with a Koivu jersey and then changed it to a Granlund jersey. And I'm not sure why it's Grandlund instead of Granlund. Not sure what happened.

On September 12, 2018 at 11:17 PM, Zeus89725 said:

If it were me, I'd add some baby blue to the Hawks' uniform since you're basing it that hard on the Chicago flag. Only jerseys thus far I'm not big on are the Wild, Wings and Avs 2016 jerseys. Other than that, absolutely stellar stuff.

21 hours ago, Section30 said:

Most of these are amazing, I do have a couple I'm not crazy about though.

Minnesota: The Wild need some red IMO, even if it's just in the logo.

Detroit: Not a fan of the Wings adding black, let alone this much of it.

Pittsburgh: I think adding a little white would be good, even if it is just in the logo, since penguins are actually black and white not black and yellow.

Great job none the less, these are all pretty nitpicky, the majority of these have been perfect. Keep it up!

Thanks for all the feedback. I tried to add in the baby blue somewhere, but I couldn't do it without making it look bad or having to change the jersey completely. Unless you have any specific ideas I probably won't update it.

My favorites here are the Chicago-flag Blackhawks, the Oilers, the Avs, and the Sens.

The Avs one looks amazing as-is! I'm a bit curious if there's a way to add some burgundy. Maybe the C, the numbers, and the sleeve cuffs can be burgundy, with the navy extending farther down... I don't know; I don't want to ruin it!

I agree with @Section30, the Pittsburgh one could use some white.

I disagree about Minnesota & Detroit, I like both of those as one-off looks.

Other than that, no complaints! I look forward to SJ!

Archived