JJ Anderes

Remaking Every NHL Outdoor Uniform (9/22; Added Penguins and Blackhawks)

Recommended Posts

2017 CENTENNIAL CLASSIC

 

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

 

f6c451f8fcabcaf06f01b9c9e284eb6af220619a

 

I think most people were expecting throwbacks for this game. Here's a throwback to the Arenas uniforms, although not completely the same.

 

DETROIT RED WINGS

 

503dc7a5c875af5a99df698c1ff9de09107e2ebc

 

A simplified version of their 1927-28 Cougars sweaters.

 

C&C is welcome and appreciated as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2016 HERITAGE CLASSIC

 

WINNIPEG JETS

 

e5621e179bde16a8fca11788e649fb5fbfa10078T

 

This was by far the best-dressed Heritage Classic. But what if Winnipeg had taken a different route and chosen not to wear white at home?

 

EDMONTON OILERS

 

5977f9256a8dbbf763e5b6738c0f261cc02277a4

 

Color reversal. I also changed the pants to match the ones they wore during their WHA days.

 

C&C is welcome and appreciated as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some collages of the progress I've made so far...

 

2017-18 SEASON

9d32da9a78471bb4b16f6b2090a787a77b8226c2

 

2016-17 SEASON

74cbfacf4c78cfa69fc9dd635ca567d6cac60f96

 

NHL100/Centennial Classics

58972fa5425305254ad502444feda661cef40488

 

COMPLETE COLLAGE

46b7ee38e37f2d25a4913ad05adac0b3cfc631c0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets should have a third stripe on the hem. Jerseys don't look so good when there's a northwestern stripe on the arms and socks, but not the hem. And it would be more accurate to their WHA days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 10, 2018 at 4:59 PM, chcarlson23 said:

The Jets should have a third stripe on the hem. Jerseys don't look so good when there's a northwestern stripe on the arms and socks, but not the hem. And it would be more accurate to their WHA days...

 

Here you go...

 

4dcd94fd647d55e79c7992993f66688c723e1262

 

2016 STADIUM SERIES (COORS FIELD)

 

COLORADO AVALANCHE

 

187050bfbe60388a7892428b3a64976dee6ef154

 

DETROIT RED WINGS

 

e71c7fe575ad22f1af88518e4d892163e5fdc3e4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Avs one is interesting... I just don’t think the colors are common enough to what they wear in real life to work. Needs burgundy or at the very least an emphasis on the darker blues. The Red Wings one, same thing. Black is never going to happen for them.  Both are well designed though. Overall I like your work but as I said in an earlier post, this all feels more like color rush than outdoor games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The newest Winnipeg & Detroit jerseys are great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it were me, I'd add some baby blue to the Hawks' uniform since you're basing it that hard on the Chicago flag. Only jerseys thus far I'm not big on are the Wild, Wings and Avs 2016 jerseys. Other than that, absolutely stellar stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the Hawks should have some light blue for the flag. The Wild should have some red. But this series is fantastic! Keep up the good work! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of these are amazing, I do have a couple I'm not crazy about though.

 

Minnesota: The Wild need some red IMO, even if it's just in the logo.

Detroit: Not a fan of the Wings adding black, let alone this much of it.

Pittsburgh: I think adding a little white would be good, even if it is just in the logo, since penguins are actually black and white not black and yellow.

 

Great job none the less, these are all pretty nitpicky, the majority of these have been perfect. Keep it up!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I just noticed this, but Mikael Granlund isn't the captain of the Wild, Mikko Koivu is...

 

But like Section30 said, these are SUPER nitpitcky, great job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Also I just noticed this, but Mikael Granlund isn't the captain of the Wild, Mikko Koivu is...

 

But like Section30 said, these are SUPER nitpitcky, great job!

 

Damn, I think I started with a Koivu jersey and then changed it to a Granlund jersey. And I'm not sure why it's Grandlund instead of Granlund. Not sure what happened.

 

On September 12, 2018 at 11:17 PM, Zeus89725 said:

If it were me, I'd add some baby blue to the Hawks' uniform since you're basing it that hard on the Chicago flag. Only jerseys thus far I'm not big on are the Wild, Wings and Avs 2016 jerseys. Other than that, absolutely stellar stuff.

 

21 hours ago, Section30 said:

Most of these are amazing, I do have a couple I'm not crazy about though.

 

Minnesota: The Wild need some red IMO, even if it's just in the logo.

Detroit: Not a fan of the Wings adding black, let alone this much of it.

Pittsburgh: I think adding a little white would be good, even if it is just in the logo, since penguins are actually black and white not black and yellow.

 

Great job none the less, these are all pretty nitpicky, the majority of these have been perfect. Keep it up!

 

 

Thanks for all the feedback. I tried to add in the baby blue somewhere, but I couldn't do it without making it look bad or having to change the jersey completely. Unless you have any specific ideas I probably won't update it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god you drastically changed the Bruins!  Jk. Great change though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorites here are the Chicago-flag Blackhawks, the Oilers, the Avs, and the Sens.

 

The Avs one looks amazing as-is! I'm a bit curious if there's a way to add some burgundy. Maybe the C, the numbers, and the sleeve cuffs can be burgundy, with the navy extending farther down... I don't know; I don't want to ruin it!

 

I agree with @Section30, the Pittsburgh one could use some white.

I disagree about Minnesota & Detroit, I like both of those as one-off looks.

 

Other than that, no complaints! I look forward to SJ!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2015 STADIUM SERIES

 

SAN JOSE SHARKS

 

bda397139e5b7c6d76d58ecd34fc5e7062afd768

 

LOS ANGELES KINGS

 

d63d0ae682798e1e044ac925abc520f57b330c49

 

Just to clarify and avoid the inevitable questions, the stars on the Kings jersey are based off the Walk of Fame in Hollywood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now