In your favorite team's division, what team bothers you the least?

verno

So, the title explains it, professional or college. Starting with my favorite professional teams: St. Louis Blues, despite some recent playoff beef, l don't really have an issue with Nashville, maybe because they are now rather close to me (we live in the Atlanta area.) St. Louis Cardinals, l would say the Pirates, l HATE every other team in the NL Central!!! Pittsburgh Steelers, l guess the Browns? I despise the Ravens at such deep level and the dirty Bengals aren't much better!! Atlanta Hawks, uffff, l dunno!!! 

In college sports, l'm a Mizzou fan. In the SEC East, l guess Vandy bothers me the least, both teams stink!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Pirates, Jets, I guess the Pacers?

Guessing Cubbies and Bulls for you, admiral. Are you also a Patriots fan?!

When I was a Yankee fan as a kid, I hated the Red Sox. And that feeling contrasted strongly with the admiration that I felt for the Orioles.

In English football, I support Chelsea, which brings with it a hatred of Man United. (This is very difficult to deal with considering that United's current manager is my favourite figure in all of sports.) But I have a tremendous amount of respect for Manchester City, a feeling which began when the club was first purchased by a its previous owner, and which only intensified when the club's current owner became the owners also of my main team, NYCFC. I also kind of dig Tottenham; and I liked them an awful lot in the Harry Redknapp days.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Being a Padres fan, the one NL West team that doesn't annoy me too much are the Rockies. Mostly because I actually get a kick out of watching those home runs fly through the thin air at Coors Field. Plus when the Pads were still playing at the Murph, it was pretty easy to get tickets when the Rockies came to town. Third, it was at home against the Rocks when Gwynn not only got his 2,000th, but also his 3,141ist and final hit.

NFL: Browns

MLB: Rays

NHL: Hurricanes

PL (no divisions, one whole league but since I’m a Liverpool fan, I’ll go Top Six): Spurs

NBA (not a huge Wiz fan but I’ll answer regardless): Hornets

spacer.png

For the Vikings, it's a no-brainer: the Lions.  I've always hated the Packers and have not really liked the Bears.  But the Lions have not been a frequent threat, have awesome uniforms and my favorite football player that never played for my team, Barry Sanders, was a Lion.

For the Twins Probably KC.  Small market solidarity.

For the Wild, the Blues.  They've been around my whole life and I've never had a beef with them.

For the T-Wolves, I'm pretty neutral on them (except OKC because I wish they'd never moved)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As a Cardinals fan, I've got to say the Reds bother me the least, mainly just due to recent history. For the Blues, I'm gonna go with Winnipeg. I rooted for them in the playoffs because they got Stastny. For Stoke, who's now in the EFL Championship, I really don't have anything against most teams (except for Leeds and West Brom), so I'll go with Sheffield United. And for Mizzou, I'd have to say Vanderbilt due to them being perennial basement dwellers.

OB2sFI1.png

Fan of the Washington Redskins & Nationals

In the NFC East I'm least bothered by the NY Giants. Easily the least intense "rivalry" of the division. I was indifferent to NYG for most of my life until they tied and passed the Skins in number of Super Bowl wins.

As far as the NL East goes, it's probably the Miami Marlins. They just sort of coexist in the division with the Nats. Since the Nats became competitive in 2011 they have never been in a playoff race with Miami.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Leafs(honestly, soft spot for them watching their games on CBC constantly)

None for NFL(HATE all of them, so much)

76ers

ASSE(a straight 20 team league makes it quite easy to feel meh about a lot of teams)

Blue Jays(again, living in buffalo made it easy to listen to them on radio)

Cubs(though this is changing for sure)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Just now, DiePerske said:

See, it would be the jets for me(on account of the other choices being the Pats and Fins), but a team from jersey/downstate can never not annoy me

Obviously it's either the Dolphins or the Jets. The Dolphins have the old 90s rivalry, but I feel just about nothing for or against the Jets. They feel like the little brother team to the Giants, so I don't feel like they have as much New York gravitas.

AL Central: Royals

NFC North: Lions

AFC North: The team I dislike the least is, oddly enough, the Steelers.

B1G: Indiana or Illinois

MAC: Western Michigan or Ohio

Metropolitan Division: NY Rangers

Pacific Division: Suns

BB52Big.jpg

Archived