In your favorite team's division, what team bothers you the least?

verno

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, verno said:

A lot of self-hate here!!! No hatred for the Ravens???? As a Steeler fan, any time l see purple/black, l feel somewhat sick?

The order of hate in the AFC North for most Bengal fans are Steelers, Bengals, Ravens and then Browns from. Most of Cincinnati sports fans, including myself, are fair weathered fans. If our team is playing good we follow. If our team is horrible we nearly abbandon them.

The other thing is a lot of Cincinnati doesnt care for the ownership or front offices of the Reds or Bengals. For the Reds, save for the 2010,2012, and 2013 seasons and losing a tiebreaker game in 1999 for the wildcard, the Reds havent had good seasons since the Marge Schott era. The current ownership group and front office doesnt listen to its fans. We cant have big name players when we spend a fortune on Homer Bailey and Joey Votto (both players who are getting paid too much for what they are worth in my opinion). Many fans even refer to the Reds as the minors for Major League Baseball. That is we develop young players and as soon as they get good, we trade them away for another young minor leaguer to start the process over again. The Reds cant bring in a big name and the only way they get fans to the games are for promotional nights like Opening day, bobbleheads and anything Pete Rose, or when the Cubs come to town because there are a lot of Cubs fans who make the trip and who live in Cincinnati.

In the case of the Bengals, fans have wanted a GM for years. The knowledge of football must have skipped a generation in the Brown family. The fans suffered though the Bungles of the 90s and although Marvin Lewis got us back to not being in the basement and playing good football, taking us to the playoffs in 2005 for the first time since 1990, taken us to the playoffs seven times, he has gone 0-7 in the postseason. Lewis should have been fired years ago yet somehow still has a job. We want new ownership, we want a GM, we want a new coach.

As for FC Cincinnati ownership, They know how to run a team. They listen to their fans with the supporter groups. They somehow managed to get fans in the stands because prior to them all the other soccer teams in Cincinnati pretty much went unnoticed. In three years they were able to obtain an expansion bid into MLS. Putting MLS in Cincinnati prior to that was unheard of. They mingle with fans. They've even brought chicken tenders and beverages to the supporter group section during a lengthy lightning delay.

Signature intentionally left blank

I agree with all of that except Joey Votto is underpaid to what he’d get on the open market and we’re lucky to have him. He’s a treasure and I watch all of his at-bats with boyish wonder.

Homer Bailey is in the conversation for the worst current sports contract any team is paying anyone. He’s been injured for what feels like four years and then this season in between injuries the team is 1-16 in games he starts. They’d literally get more value for their money if he didn’t pitch. Also I think he’s kind of a dick person with a bad attitude and he likes to go big game hunting so :censored: him. The two no hitters were fun, though. 

Bengals fans don’t hate the Ravens because the Ravens don’t have the spell cast over them that the Steelers do and the Bengals have a pretty good record against Baltimore in the last decade, all things considered. Plus they knocked them out of the playoffs last year. The Steelers have the most insufferable fans in football. I’ve never met a Ravens fan in person so I can’t comment, but just due to the fact that I don’t encounter Ravens fans everywhere I go like I do Steelies they’re instantly a leg up. 

I truly believe at least half of FC Cincinnati’s success is due to people being so starved for a competently managed pro sports team in this town that we fell over ourselves to buy tickets for something strictly because it wasn’t the Reds and Bengals. 

And wow a Cardinals AND Steelers fan. Are you trying to be the worst person alive? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Coyotes. It’s pretty hard to hate on the sickly runt of the NHL. It was a tossup between them and the Golden Knights, but the amount of people hopping on the Vegas bandwagon puts the Coyotes ahead.

Overall from most hated to least it’s something like:

1. Oilers

POWER GAP

2. Flames

POWER GAP

3. Ducks

4. Kings

POWER GAP 

5. Sharks

6. Golden Knights

7. Coyotes

and then Canucks at the bottom by default.

NFC North: Lions.  My Pack doesn't have the same enmity with them as with the Bears or Vikings, plus I just LOVE the city of Detroit and its culture...so I tend to root for the Lions in games where they're NOT playing my Pack.

NL Central: Reds.  Simply because they're not the thorn in my Brew Crew's side that the Cubs, Cardinals and Pirates are...also, I REALLY love their ENTIRE brand identity.
NBA  Pacific: Kings.  Again, they're not as much trouble for my Suns as the Lakers, Warriors and Clippers...

bYhYmxh.png

Baseball:  the Minnesota Twins.  Who can really hate the Twins, period?

Football:  the Cincinnati Bengals.  They should be the Browns natural rival, but I've never, ever been amped about a "Battle for Ohio."

Hockey:  I don't care.  In fact, I've no idea who plays in what division anymore since they went back to a 4-division setup (I think it was a bad idea).

Basketball:  Again, I don't care, because divisions are by and large meaningless in the NBA; it's conference that counts.

nav-logo.png

On 8/22/2018 at 9:17 PM, DDR said:

Now? St. Louis City. We don’t have a county.

I grew up in Cook.

Haha, St. Louis has gotta be different. I think Philadelphia is set up the same way?

On 8/23/2018 at 9:13 PM, Chromatic said:

Coyotes. It’s pretty hard to hate on the sickly runt of the NHL. It was a tossup between them and the Golden Knights, but the amount of people hopping on the Vegas bandwagon puts the Coyotes ahead.

Overall from most hated to least it’s something like:

1. Oilers

POWER GAP

2. Flames

POWER GAP

3. Ducks

4. Kings

POWER GAP 

5. Sharks

6. Golden Knights

7. Coyotes

and then Canucks at the bottom by default.

If Seattle were to get an NHL team, l'm curious where they would end up on your list.

On 8/23/2018 at 9:52 AM, McCarthy said:

I agree with all of that except Joey Votto is underpaid to what he’d get on the open market and we’re lucky to have him. He’s a treasure and I watch all of his at-bats with boyish wonder.

Homer Bailey is in the conversation for the worst current sports contract any team is paying anyone. He’s been injured for what feels like four years and then this season in between injuries the team is 1-16 in games he starts. They’d literally get more value for their money if he didn’t pitch. Also I think he’s kind of a dick person with a bad attitude and he likes to go big game hunting so :censored: him. The two no hitters were fun, though. 

Bengals fans don’t hate the Ravens because the Ravens don’t have the spell cast over them that the Steelers do and the Bengals have a pretty good record against Baltimore in the last decade, all things considered. Plus they knocked them out of the playoffs last year. The Steelers have the most insufferable fans in football. I’ve never met a Ravens fan in person so I can’t comment, but just due to the fact that I don’t encounter Ravens fans everywhere I go like I do Steelies they’re instantly a leg up. 

I truly believe at least half of FC Cincinnati’s success is due to people being so starved for a competently managed pro sports team in this town that we fell over ourselves to buy tickets for something strictly because it wasn’t the Reds and Bengals. 

And wow a Cardinals AND Steelers fan. Are you trying to be the worst person alive? 

My wife thinks so? l adopted the Steelers as a little tyke to annoy my Eagle-loving family. I couldn't get into the St. Louis football Cardinals and l dislike anything Kansas City. As for the baseball Cardinals, that was locked in at birth!!

1 hour ago, verno said:

If Seattle were to get an NHL team, l'm curious where they would end up on your list.

It depends. I'd imagine they'd start around where the Sharks are on my list and slowly moved up as time went on. 

However if they take a blue and green colour scheme, which they most likely will, they're immediately at number 3 most hated in the division.

4 hours ago, verno said:

Haha, St. Louis has gotta be different. I think Philadelphia is set up the same way?

Philly is weird. THe city of Philly and the county of philly both have the exact same borders, share all service, but are technically two seperate entities

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived