Canucks Bringing Back the Flying Skate Uniforms in 2020

Canucks Bringing Back the Flying Skate Uniforms in 2020

August 13, 2018 - 20:22 PM

The Vancouver Canucks are bringing back the flying spaghetti skate not next season, but the season after that, the team announced this morning. In honour of the club’s upcoming 50th anniversary in 2019/2020, the Canucks held a fan poll to […]

Read More...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for the Flying V but I'm still thrilled about the Skate winning. The crest and colours are still part of the Flying V brand.

Who knows, maybe the Flying V will be brought back vs Chicago and the NY Islanders in 2021-22 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Towel Power and the '82 Finals.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

18 minutes ago, Placebo said:

Similar to wanting the Oilers to go back to royal blue and then realizing the navy blue and bright orange looks better to me.

I’ll take wrong answers for $200, Alex.  Royal blue is infinitely better for the Oilers.

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

announcing anything uniform/logo related that is over a year away is lame.

Yes. But it's going to start rolling off the shelves now too. That's the reasoning behind it

To me this is always the real Canucks uni, even though they have never stuck with anything for all that long

19 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I found these gorgeous and I loved how the home whites looked against the backdrop of the well illuminated white ice of the Pacific Coliseum

tim-hunter-of-the-vancouver-canucks-skat

9978478.jpg?size=640x420

I will always love the home yellows because they gave light home uniforms some variety and they looked great on Pacific Coliseum ice. However, the colourful Skate crest stood out a lot better on the whites.

10 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I will always love the home yellows because they gave light home uniforms some variety and they looked great on Pacific Coliseum ice. However, the colourful Skate crest stood out a lot better on the whites.

Now that you've mentioned it, maybe they should bring back the yellows for a game or two, as well.  

2 hours ago, M4One said:

Now that you've mentioned it, maybe they should bring back the yellows for a game or two, as well.  

Wear the yellows against a team in dark,ie. vs Calgary in their vintage red or the Islanders in their royal blues. Don't like yellow vs white.

1 minute ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Wear the yellows against a team in dark,ie. vs Calgary in their vintage red or the Islanders in their royal blues. Don't like yellow vs white.

I just want to see the Canucks’ old yellows playing the Sharks in green or light teal Seals-style throwbacks.

Archived