NY Jets logo concept

WavePunter

I've been tinkering with an idea for a Jets helmet logo that sort of captures all eras of Jets football and touches on all the beloved logo elements in their history, while trying to discard the bad..

This is still a fairly rough concept, but after some feedback from BrandMooreArt, it has already evolved quite a bit.. Looking for some C&C and opinions of this as a potential helmet logo..

I've included the logo in each of the team's "greens" for comparisons sake:DhtIvyp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

25 minutes ago, Placebo said:

It looks a little more bird than Jet to me, but I think it is very creative. 

Well done.

I was thinking that maybe moving the wing back may help. However, maybe that throws the proportion of the rest out of whack.

I actually tossed around the idea of shifting the wing back a touch.. I may try it out..

Is it the shape of the nose portion that makes it bird-like? I think that could be reworked easier than some other things..

2 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I actually tossed around the idea of shifting the wing back a touch.. I may try it out..

Is it the shape of the nose portion that makes it bird-like? I think that could be reworked easier than some other things..

I think the nose is part of it as well. Maybe shortening it? 

I think the negative space within the "Y" is more where I would expect the wing to be, visually. Maybe thinning out the letters/outline  helps that?

I really like the concept. 

37 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

I like the idea. If you're going to put it as a helmet logo, can we see it facing the other direction as well?

Excellent point.. I admittedly overlooked that, but I have a couple ideas in mind, so I'll try to have something tomorrow

Archived