AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

45 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

Totally agree.  I used to love the Moose Jaw Warriors look in the early 1990s.  These uniforms with the team nickname diagonally on the front were great.  In fact, many WHL uniforms in the late 1980s and early 1990s were better than they are now.

59496-156Bk.jpg                      1990-91-7th-Inning-Sketch-WHL-153-Scott-

The Reebok Edge template screwed up a lot of jerseys everywhere.  It continues with CCM and Adidas (maybe not as bad), but just in a different way.  Some will say jerseys in the past might have look too simple or similar, but they looked good and that is what should matter in the end.

5 hours ago, charger77 said:

I gotta get one of those Raiders jerseys to turn into a Modano jersey!

Interesting coincidence how Modano went from the Prince Albert Raiders to the Minnesota North Stars and wore pretty much the same jersey design.

I prefer the Raiders jersey from Modano's earlier Prince Albert years.  Strictly green and yellow.  

10360388.jpg        Customize%20CHL%20WHL%20Prince%20Albert%

I'm late to the party, but I've been interested in Minnesota High School hockey lately. There are some great jerseys in Minnesota.

I love green and yellow. This may be unoriginal, but Edina has some great unis. Some of my favorites in any sport. Plus, Lakeville North's are great, too (in the same picture below).

Related image

These are pretty cool, too - Cloquet-Esko-Carlton Lumberjacks.

Image result for Cloquet-Esko-Carlton hockey

• Like 1
300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

1 hour ago, KJHillis said:

I'm late to the party, but I've been interested in Minnesota High School hockey lately. There are some great jerseys in Minnesota.

I love green and yellow. This may be unoriginal, but Edina has some great unis. Some of my favorites in any sport. Plus, Lakeville North's are great, too (in the same picture below).

Related image

Edina has updated their white homes, and separated the stripes, just like their green road jerseys. 

Related imageRelated image

The women's team also has fantastic whites

Related image

For being the most hated school in hockey, and maybe even in Minnesota, the Hornets are the best dressed team in the State...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 minute ago, chcarlson23 said:

Edina has updated their white homes, and separated the stripes, just like their green road jerseys. 

Related image

For being the most hated school in hockey, and maybe even in Minnesota, the Hornets are the best dressed team in the State...

Yeah, they don't dress like cake-eaters.

• Like 1
300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

15 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Related image

They 100% are the most hated team in the state, which just makes it so much worse that they look better than almost every team on top of being dominant...

I would also throw Duluth East, Moorhead, Roseau, and the previously mention Cloquet along with Edina to make my top 5 looks in the state

Duluth East

Image result for duluth east hockeyImage result for duluth east hockey

Moorhead

Image result for moorhead spuds hockeyImage result for moorhead spuds hockey

Roseau

Image result for roseau rams hockeyRelated image

Cloquet

Image result for cloquet hockeyImage result for cloquet hockey

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Section30 said:

They 100% are the most hated team in the state, which just makes it so much worse that they look better than almost every team on top of being dominant...

I would also throw Duluth East, Moorhead, Roseau, and the previously mention Cloquet along with Edina to make my top 5 looks in the state

Duluth East

Image result for duluth east hockeyImage result for duluth east hockey

Moorhead

Image result for moorhead spuds hockeyImage result for moorhead spuds hockey

Roseau

Image result for roseau rams hockeyRelated image

Cloquet

Image result for cloquet hockeyImage result for cloquet hockey

Minnetonka also looks great with their new home and roads...  (Roads are the same, just flipped)

Related image

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

So Edina's basically the Minnesota high school hockey version of Duke basketball.

That's a unique looking script there.  Wouldn't work anywhere but hockey, but it works like a hundred prep guys here.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

3 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

So Edina's basically the Minnesota high school hockey version of Duke basketball.

That's a unique looking script there.  Wouldn't work anywhere but hockey, but it works like a hundred prep guys here.

Besides loving hockey, the one thing that unites all Minnesota hockey fans, is hating Edina... There could be a Minnesotan Blackhawks fan who loves UND and a Jets fan who loves UMD and a Wild fan who loves the U of M, but like 99.9% of the time they’ll all hate Edina

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Did Edina sleep with everyone’s moms or something?

Long story short, Edina is a rich suburb of the Twin Cities. Because it's rich it is nice, which causes a lot of former athletes to move there. Good genes, and money to burn on training kids from the time they can skate have caused a never ending pool of some of the best players in the state.

So essentially they're rich kids that dominate every year so we all collectively hate them.

1 hour ago, Section30 said:

Long story short, Edina is a rich suburb of the Twin Cities. Because it's rich it is nice, which causes a lot of former athletes to move there. Good genes, and money to burn on training kids from the time they can skate have caused a never ending pool of some of the best players in the state.

So essentially they're rich kids that dominate every year so we all collectively hate them.

Weird that a bunch of wealthy former athletes are sending their kids to a public school. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Weird that a bunch of wealthy former athletes are sending their kids to a public school. 

That's one of the cool things about Minnesota, a lot of our public schools are just as nice or nicer than private so a lot more people go to public schools since there's no real incentive to go to a private. With the exception of a few military academies and religious schools.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

USHL 

Youngstown Phantoms hosting Muskegon Lumberjacks and both wearing Ohio State and Michigan inspired jerseys. 

Gotta be awkward for Steven Holtz on the Phantoms, who is committed to Michigan for next season.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17