AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

12 minutes ago, umlegend1980 said:

So there's kind of a connection with the Bills logo being a Buffalo or Bison I guess?

Precisely. The Bills are named for Buffalo Bill Cody, and Cody was famous for being the best bison hunter in the country; that’s how he got the nickname “Buffalo” Bill.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

17 minutes ago, umlegend1980 said:

So there's kind of a connection with the Bills logo being a Buffalo or Bison I guess?

Speaking of the Sabers logo, this is off topic but I always wondered what the heck the weird shape on the left was, the cut out area if you will.  Does he have a foot up?  Is something smashing his face?  The triangle on the right of his face is odd for that matter as well.  I've laid awake at night many nights puzzled over this...and then they brought the buffaslug and I just couldn't give the franchise's logos anymore thoughts or I'd go clinically insane!

Well the weird shapes are showing motion I’d guess. 

Also since you spelt it this way 3 times...

The Buffalo Sabres spell their name the French way. Sabres, not Sabers. 

(If you’ve seen The Office, think of the later seasons. Dunder-Mifflin is bought out by Sabre (Say-ber) not Sabre (Sob-Ray))

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

Well the weird shapes are showing motion I’d guess. 

Also since you spelt it this way 3 times...

The Buffalo Sabres spell their name the French way. Sabres, not Sabers. 

(If you’ve seen The Office, think of the later seasons. Dunder-Mifflin is bought out by Sabre (Say-ber) not Sabre (Sob-Ray))

LOL well I actually looked back at it once and was like is that supposed to be Sabre and edited it and then thought I should look it up and then thought nah don't have time and switched it back.  Sabres, Notre Dame, Theatre.  Chrome is telling me all the French versions are wrong with the red underline ?

Wait, did you just say SPELT?  British? 

2 hours ago, umlegend1980 said:

LOL well I actually looked back at it once and was like is that supposed to be Sabre and edited it and then thought I should look it up and then thought nah don't have time and switched it back.  Sabres, Notre Dame, Theatre.  Chrome is telling me all the French versions are wrong with the red underline ?

Wait, did you just say SPELT?  British? 

Nope. Minnesotan lol. I guess it just looked right too me.

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, philcar1994 said:

Barrie Colts new white uniform, Florida Panthers template 

Seems weird to me to have such a large arm stripe and put the number above it. I know it's commonplace but there it really sticks out.

5 hours ago, philcar1994 said:

Barrie Colts new white uniform, Florida Panthers template 

46000104982_2266856d85_b.jpg

Make it the primary. Yesterday.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I was going to say Barrie might be some of the worst jerseys in the entire CHL, which they are (up there with PA and Moose Jaw), and then I came across the Charlottetown Islanders. These are terrible, so much unnecessary piping and the white jersey carries over the Reebox from the black jersey but then still switches up the colour on the front chest swatch so it looks even stupider. 

Sept-26-2018-vs-S-J-Sea-Dogs-38-of-93-e1

Profil-CHA-1024x576.jpg

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, M4One said:

There are a lot of terrible uniforms in the CHL that need to be rectified ASAP.  Too many teams bearing the ugly hallmarks of the Reebox Edge uniform system.  Hands down the worst would be the Erie Otters.

StromeCelebration-1024x630.jpg

That's not what Erie is wearing now. The Otter logo is dead.

EP-170308753.jpg&updated=201703120745&im

MaksimovichER.jpg

• Like 2

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

And let's not forget that Charlottetown is actually an improvement over what they had.

CHA_Team201516.jpg

• Like 1

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

In my personal opinion, an almost bigger problem than the remaining RBK edge template desasters is the numerous teams that blatantly use NHL teams templates with little to no change, other than the logos on the jerseys. Teams like Niagara ice dogs, who use the blackhawks jerseys with little diferences and the mississauga steelheads who are a spitting image of the early 2010s Maple Leafs. Theres the odd team that due to historical designs either draw from cities pro hockey history or have ties to NHL teams, and for them i give a begrudging pass, but these newer teams with nothing other than the want to look like pros to without putting in a pro effort, those teams i can barely stand to watch.