AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

On 11/27/2018 at 12:28 AM, M4One said:

One down, many to go then.  Much, much better than the old set.  Too bad there isn't a proper logo, though.  I hate script logos.

Sometimes script logos are fine. But the Otters script is so wonky and sloppy it never deserved to be the centerpiece of the teams branding. 

I grew up with the old logo. I wish they would have just kept that, as cheesy as it was....

I just came across this alternate for the Jr. A Calgary Mustangs and could this possibly be the worst kerning/letter placement on a logo ever? Not just the nearly touching L and G and S and T, but both words also look unbalanced and it seems some of the letters are more slanted than others.

0SUaYrW.png

I'm sure someone with more knowledge on this sort of stuff could comment better on it.

IbjBaeE.png

On 11/27/2018 at 12:28 AM, M4One said:

One down, many to go then.  Much, much better than the old set.  Too bad there isn't a proper logo, though.  I hate script logos.

If things haven't changed internally, the Erie Otters should be getting a new logo itself next season (2019-20)

Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer, Founder
Epic Web Studios LLC.

• 2 weeks later...

The Milwaukee Admirals have unveiled a Brewers-inspired alt.

cut.jpg

Surprisingly, I do not hate these.  I hate to use the word "synergy," but it's hard to deny all the levels this seems to work on.  The team is owned by a Brewers minority owner, they're a Nashville Predators affiliate, and the colors are perfect for a naval themed club.  Plus, the current Brewers branding comes across so much better on a hockey sweater than a baseball uniform.

• Like 3

For their 3rd jersey this year, the Fort Wayne Komets brought back their old 3rd jersey from the IHL in the mid-1990s.

orangejersey.jpg

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 8/22/2018 at 3:26 AM, B-mer said:

So this apparently slipped by the board?  I hadn't seen it posted but I guess CCM is doing some new things. 

SJ Barracuda apparently showed this new collar a little bit ago as well. 

Worcester Sharks was the best. If just because they kept the old Sharks logo alive long after the NHL Sharks had dumped it for the current crap logo. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oshawa Generals Tease New Green Uniform

December 30, 2018 - 16:12 PM

The OHL’s Oshawa Generals dropped a teaser (or a full-blown reveal?) this morning of what appears to be a special St. Patrick’s Day uniform The Tweet features a video of Generals captain Jack Studnicka, goaltender Kyle Keyser, and forward Allan […]

Read More...

The Hitmen have Cowboys, Wranglers and Centennials shirts, sweaters, hats and toques for sale along with the jerseys in the Saddledome ahead of their games in the Corral. I have a picture of the jerseys, but I’m in phone so I’ll post later.

I’m wondering who the Hitmen had to get rights from to sell this stuff? The Wranglers and Centennials still exist (Lethbridge and Tri-City respectively) and who owns the WHA’s Cowboys trademarks?

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The Hitmen have Cowboys, Wranglers and Centennials shirts, sweaters, hats and toques for sale along with the jerseys in the Saddledome ahead of their games in the Corral. I have a picture of the jerseys, but I’m in phone so I’ll post later.

I’m wondering who the Hitmen had to get rights from to sell this stuff? The Wranglers and Centennials still exist (Lethbridge and Tri-City respectively) and who owns the WHA’s Cowboys trademarks?

AGhuKUC.jpg

The black Hitmen mask logo is on the back hem next to the CHL logo.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

45 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

The black Hitmen mask logo is on the back hem next to the CHL logo.

Oof, those collars. However, I would gladly take an authentic/GI/GW of each to add to the collection.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 3:07 PM, chrysleraspen08 said:

So I happened to be on the London Knights Twitter page today and stumbled across this tweet, in reference to the Spider Knight jerseys from the mid-90's:

I might be reading too much into this, but it would be fantastic if they brought back that glorious abomination in some way (unless it's a screen print jersey). Even if they just sold it in the store like Guelph did with their 90's jerseys, they would make a killing on those from collectors such as myself.

On 7/5/2018 at 5:10 PM, philcar1994 said:

I belong to a London Knights game worn jersey group and posted a mock-up of what I think it to be, also tweeted at the team directly and they like my tweet. Was somewhat confirmed by a member with very close ties to the team. Don't know if what capacity, but I'm certain there will be a Knightro jersey this season

42504073534_f083d7935f_h.jpg

On 7/5/2018 at 9:36 PM, OMMF said:

I think the days of stitched one-offs are over (save for the Memorial Cup hosts tribute jersey). If it isn't a full alternate jersey, teams don't want to spend for (or CCM can't make) non-sublimated special occasion jerseys. It's too bad, too, because in jersey auctions it seems people will pay more for a real jersey. An extra $100-200 spent could see the team get that back 4x-5x when sold.

IT'S OFFICIALLY HAPPENING!

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

On 9/18/2018 at 8:40 AM, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Bold in Gold: Atlanta Gladiators Unveil New Uniforms

September 18, 2018 - 15:35 PM

Atlanta-Gladiators-New-Uniforms-2018-2019-ECHL.jpg

The Atlanta Gladiators are getting a whole new look this season. The “Double-A” ECHL affiliate of the Boston Bruins and AHL’s Providence Bruins unveiled the first major uniform change in the 15-year history of the team this morning, and while […]

Read More...

Wow I'd missed they switched names to Atlanta. Good call. 

On 1/8/2019 at 1:10 PM, Dante_X said:

Shawinigan Cataractes 90's throwback:

DSC_1153-1024x683.jpg

Love it! So much better than the Disappointed Indian they have now. 

I don't know every past and present arena in the Q by heart, but I remember seeing a picture of Arena Jacques-Plante and I loved it, it's precisely what a community rink should be:

Arena%20Jacques%20Plante%20outside%203%2

I love public-works buildings from the '30s and '40s that look like they were built to last forever.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 hours ago, OMMF said:

Thanks for finding that. While I'm still excited to see them wear the old jerseys, the fact that they're screen print is pretty disappointing. 

• Like 1

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4