New Jersey Devils Unveil New Heritage Uniform for 2018-19

New Jersey Devils Unveil New Heritage Uniform for 2018-19

August 21, 2018 - 20:13 PM

The New Jersey Devils this afternoon announced and unveiled a “heritage” uniform which the club will wear during the 2018-19 season. Based off of the Devils red-and-green home uniform worn during the club’s first ten seasons in New Jersey, the […]

Read More...

83115aa0e0fb9fb19930dc7ae197525e--a-chri

Look at that!  Would you look at that?!  Isn't that GLORious?!

It's-it's-it's....indescribably beautiful!  It's like the 4th of July!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Up there with the Avs jerseys as best adidas update so far.  The fact that the regular Devils jerseys that adidas has are so dull (the template design, not the classic red and black combo) makes these even more gorgeous in comparison.  

Love it. Should be full-time. Yes, the red and black suits them but I like the uniqueness of the color scheme and the green is a nod to the "garden state" really the only team that acknowledges that they even play in NJ. 

5 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Indeed.  David Puddy knows that you gotta have green in there.

Related image

hey man I'm just trying to support the team

spacer.png

This is nothing to do with the design, which I think is really nice, but maybe someone more detail-oriented than me can explain why the promotional photos for this jersey remind me so much like a Chinese counterfeit. These photos look rough, right?

NEW-JERSEY-DEVILS-RETRO-THROWBACK-HERITA

17 hours ago, NoE38 said:

I prefer the Red and black colour scheme, but It's nice to see the green return as an alt. Hopefully they'll wear it more than 4 times a year in the future.

That's the problem with a white alt when teams don't wear white at home. You have to specifically schedule it against a team on a one game road trip so they can bring only their dark uniform on the trip with them. That may only happen like a half dozen times a season if that. 

I've made no secret of the following two things:

1. The Green/Red Devils is my favorite look of all time.
  2. I don't like when teams have two identities (like the Brewers are doing now)

So these are at a conflict.  Ultimately, I have to go with #2.  I think the Devils are a red and black team and should be a red and black team 81 to 82 times a year (maybe a one-time anniversary celebration or something) until such time as they become a red and green team (yes, please).

That said, my goodness, this is beautiful.    

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 8/22/2018 at 6:13 AM, Andy said:

This is nothing to do with the design, which I think is really nice, but maybe someone more detail-oriented than me can explain why the promotional photos for this jersey remind me so much like a Chinese counterfeit. These photos look rough, right?

NEW-JERSEY-DEVILS-RETRO-THROWBACK-HERITA

I thought the same thing when I first saw them. Love the jerseys but these pics just look off.

Archived