NHL Refresh Series - "Desecrating" the NHL

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow.  i actually REALLY like the Islanders.  It's amazing how the striping on the home/away is the same but it has such a different effect on each.  This is a fantastic blend of eras for them.  I'd make some small edits to the Alternate to make it more accurate to the set it's based on, but overall these are among my favorites so far.  

And for an alternative, it might be interesting seeing the color themes swapped, where it's navy for the home/road and royal for the alternate.  It makes the orange stripes on the stick on the road jersey stand out more, and makes the "throwback" more of a throwback to the dynasty jersey.  I did it real quick and think it's an upgrade.  If you replaced the logo on the shoulders with an updated lighthouse that's more white and bold to match the NY logo, i'd buy it.

The number font works really well with this set too.  

On to the next...

Anaheim Ducks

4TZAIRZ.png

Coincidentally, this was the concept that gave me the idea for this series (even though I am just getting around to posting it lol). It's based off of fixing their current alternate, which is so close to being such a fantastic uniform. So this is my way of fixing it, along with a matching road and alternate.

Philadelphia will be the next team posted, but after that I am open to suggestions for what team to work on and post next

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

die hard islanders fan here, and i love what you did on both versions their concept. i'm a fan of the royal (i like it more, but also because the nassau county flag/seal is orange and royal blue, thus the basis of the colors), but the navy primary sets look amazing, too. well done!

On 10/24/2018 at 7:43 PM, CanucksFan said:

That looks unbelievable. I'd probably end up purchasing that home jersey. Awesome work.

On 10/25/2018 at 10:41 AM, baymenxpac said:

die hard islanders fan here, and i love what you did on both versions their concept. i'm a fan of the royal (i like it more, but also because the nassau county flag/seal is orange and royal blue, thus the basis of the colors), but the navy primary sets look amazing, too. well done!

Thanks!

On to the next...

Philadelphia Flyers

0mF3TSR.png

2LYbxnm.png

I don't know if Flyers' fans would take this design, since it's straight out from the look of their rivals (Penguins). This is what "desecration" is all about.

Desecration aside, I would rather make the sleeve stripes the same with each other instead of being asymmetrical.

On to the next....."untouchable"

Montreal Canadiens

V40kXeP.png

Boy this was a tough one to come up with something that's different. I changed up the hue of the red (lightened/desaturated it), darkened the blue into a more consistent navy, and desecrated their classic home into a new alternate. 

C&C appreciated!

2LYbxnm.png

Up next...

Los Angeles Kings

v.1

kMQ0iMP.png

v.2

10FlOOZ.png

Here are two ideas for the kings. The first is a little more out there (uses the Canes' road yoke style), and the second is a little more conservative with the yoke style. The silver is meant to be metallic, similar to how a silver crown would look....which is also why I gave them a silver helmet to go with their all-black alternate.

Any thoughts on which you prefer? Which team would you like to see next?

2LYbxnm.png

Archived