NHL Refresh Series - "Desecrating" the NHL

OhioSportsMan61

Tbh, I kind of really like how the hat looks on the front of the jersey compared to the cannon roundel. I tried recoloring the CBJ's original logo, but that just didn't look right to me. In response to the neon-chevrons on both primary uniforms, the look I was going for was to emulate the Brampton Battalion's unis....I think it works well, but can understand why it looks off. But then again, this is a desecrating the NHL thread ;) 

23 hours ago, B-mer said:

Updates look good, but not sure on the hat logo.  I mean, the team boxed itself in with the name 'Blue Jackets'.  A logo of a coat doesn't really work either, but another article of clothing works even less.  I suppose the cannon might be the best option.  I'd still like to see Stinger on the front, as i think that might be more of a 'desecration'.  or maybe original CJB logo recoloring red to lighter blue?  Just spitballing.  Throw the hat logo on the helmet for obvious reasons.

Would you want to flip the sock stripes around on the road socks to match the hem and home socks?

Good catch on the sock striping. Fixed it:

YgEbTpQ.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's too bad the Rams left St. Louis because this set would mirror them nicely.  i feel like i'd have to see this in person as a real jersey to know how the arm stripes really work.  Totally get what you're going for, but not sure how it's working for me.  Perhaps it's just because it's ingrained in my brain from the Sens that those 'should' be higher up.  

The alternate looks great though.  Very bold, colors pop nicely, and love that you used the trumpet logo for it.  

10 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Circling back real quick on the last CBJ concept I posted. Here's a small update to it....not sure which I prefer, but I think this set is more cohesive. Thoughts?

IwNP26y.png

Strictly in terms of aesthetics I think it is very solid. Bringing back the bug and adding the chevrons, very nice, the colour works for me.

I just get a serious Winnipeg Jets vibe.

On 9/13/2018 at 12:00 AM, Placebo said:

Strictly in terms of aesthetics I think it is very solid. Bringing back the bug and adding the chevrons, very nice, the colour works for me.

I just get a serious Winnipeg Jets vibe.

I feel that. Don't worry, the Jets will be much different for the purpose of this series.

On to the next one...

Nashville Predators

H5CGAFQ.png

This set was inspired by the 2016 ASG unis that were worn in Nashville. One of the small features that may tough to see on your screen are the guitar strings imprinted within the white stripes on the arms. C&C appreciated!

2LYbxnm.png

Next up...

Colorado Avalanche

jwkBmrQ.png

I realize this isn't the most creative Avalanche concept, but I think it's enough of a change to consider it a desecration. Brightened the burgundy to the team's original color, ditched the black gear, and kept the mountain striping intact.

2LYbxnm.png

couple thoughts with this.  

1. for the C logo would you want to make the center blue?
  2. I'd want to see the arm stripes angled to continue the mountain stripes (angle to point like Mighty Ducks jersey)
  3. Maybe even have the shoulder yoke come to point like Arizona's throwback?  could be interesting to keep that angular theme.

overall really like it though.  One of the better 'eliminating black from the Avs' concepts.

18 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Next up...

Colorado Avalanche

jwkBmrQ.png

I realize this isn't the most creative Avalanche concept, but I think it's enough of a change to consider it a desecration. Brightened the burgundy to the team's original color, ditched the black gear, and kept the mountain striping intact.

I just threw up in my mouth...

I love it.

1 hour ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Up next...

Buffalo Sabres

z9s4ERI.png

Inspired by the WC jerseys, modernized them a bit and made the leaping buffalo more prominent throughout the set. C&C appreciated!

Really like the Sabres here. If we're really going for desecration, I'd be curious to see the standalone buffalo on the home and away. It'd be quite the change

Archived