Austin FC

Waffles

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Maybe Precourt can salvage something by selling it to Nottingham Forest - it would be a huge upgrade for them. 

How dare you. This is the among the finest logos in England:

d44307bcb00a1e5ae1dfc4b52fb5e285.jpeg

Precourt wishes he could have something as organic and beloved as that. And two European cups.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

27 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Why the hell do they use "FC" instead of "SC"? You called it "Soccer" so you're a Soccer Club.

because Screw Columbus doesn't land with the gravitas of Fuc-- 

I'm sorry a mod is calling me gotta go

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

OK this is me critiquing the logo:

Black and green aren't surprising because that's what they've been flashing since day one. I would suggest adding another color of some type, other than white. The name. Austin FC is pretty generic. You make fun of how minor league San Antonio FC is, then you give your team that name? Austin Athletic would have been the better move. It's Euro sounding, fans can use the nickname A's or Athletics if they don't want to sound like "euro-posers" by calling it Austin Athletic. I know someone was joking on Twitter about Austin Villa, but I'm sure that will probably be picked up by some supporter group now. Austin City could have been a good move but then it'd get pretty confusing with Austin City Lights. They'd also open themselves up to jokes if Austin Bold takes off or they lose a match to them. Now for the tree. The tree as it's designed is a decent symbol in it's own right, but talking about planting the roots in the community after you took up this team from the roots of another? That's worse than any Nike-adidas-speak ever. They maybe should have replaced the tree with the Frost Bank Tower of the State Capitol instead and had four roads leading to either building. Had they done that they wouldn't be getting as much venom today as they are.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

yeah, like a bat! There's millions of bats in Austin. It's kind of their thing and other than the Louisville Bats would be pretty much untouched in pro sports. Every city's got trees. 

Or they could go full troll and use a burglar as their logo. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 hours ago, Digby said:

Even their copywriting nonsense graphic is historically bad. Our logo has the city name on it! Green means creative! We have compasses!

DlSJqcAU8AMVihC.jpg

Wow. You could literally switch the city to any other city and the copy would not change. 

27 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

What is it with generic tree logos nowadays? My old home town did the same thing.

EaganLogo.png

A quick aside, this is a really good logo created by one of the best designers living today (Allan Peters). You should be ecstatic about this rebrand. 

Ahead of Move from Columbus, Austin MLS Unveils Name & Logo

August 23, 2018 - 17:57 PM

Austin may not yet have the Crew, but they’ve already got a logo when (or if) they ever do. With rumours swirling about the impending relocation of Major League Soccer’s Columbus Crew SC from Ohio to Austin, team owner Anthony […]

Read More...

35 minutes ago, GFB said:

Wow. You could literally switch the city to any other city and the copy would not change. 

"Damn right you could! Uh, not that I would." --Anthony Precourt

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Very bland.  Would be an okay parks and rec department logo.

Also I think just "Austin" would have been a better name than Austin FC.  I assume people will refer to them as AFC.  So we'll have AFC, LAFC, NYCFC, MNUFC... its all too much.  They could have just been Austin.  It works for Everton, Watford, Fulham, etc.

90758391980.gif

Anything with chain stitching is pretty good.

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They haven't used that logo for years. It's been San Antonio FC since SS&E bought the team.

This is the current logo:

Image result for san antonio fc

That's an entirely different club.  The Scorpions folded when the NASL failed to find anyone who wanted to buy them. 

SS&E didn't buy the team, but they did buy his stadium and training facilities for their expansion USL team.  The owner of the Scorpions then continued to try to find a buyer before eventually giving up.

16 hours ago, bartodell said:

Steve Wolf and The Butler Bros did an amazing job on this identity. I actually logged in just to post about this and saw the thread had already been created.

in true Austin fashion, they hired local and the hired the best. Steve is one of my favorites

3 hours ago, GFB said:

A quick aside, this is a really good logo created by one of the best designers living today (Allan Peters). You should be ecstatic about this rebrand. 

Peters is another, that guy dosen't make anything not well crafted or beautiful.

heres the link for the full case study. https://www.thebutlerbros.com/austin-fc/

im going to live with this one for a couple of days before forming an opinion, the color and imagery is definitely not what i expected of Austin, but maybe thats the point? #KeepAustinWeird 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

7 hours ago, Digby said:

because Screw Columbus doesn't land with the gravitas of Fuc-- 

I'm sorry a mod is calling me gotta go

Yes relocation is a sucker move and I'm pretty sure for at least two seasons Austin FC will be the most hated team in MLS, but It should be "SC" (like....Columbus) anyway. There is a lot of lame pseudo euro names in MLS and will be even more "FC" bull :censored:.. C'mon use your own creativity.

4r2eer.png

Archived