Heavy's Expansion Concept thread

heavybass

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE TIME

Every team so far apart from the Monarchs are getting number font changes... so let's begin.

DUBLIN

gszVidHl.pngJzVWPq0l.png

qtmXQVSl.pngJHsN9WYl.png

1scgtyPl.png

TORONTO

qZFozoKl.pngktT8Rxel.png

m284OCIl.pngqWqK59El.png

6vEC266l.png

MEXICO CITY

iijEkzOl.pngY9VwKmtl.png

BzghTT7l.pngYpQ5mW1l.png

aaHxpq0l.png

BROOKLYN

TYvOzg6l.pngoT1mjELl.png

fhqxH16l.pngLXiIispl.png

UTFaXeOl.png

Team 6 will be either the following:

One of the original members of the AFC
A team that is situated above Texas
Literally North West

Time for team #6 of the expansions.... an original team from the AFC and a fan favorite for many reasons, everyone loves ya blue.

HOUSTON OILERS (AFC/NFC)

HOME

gM1z2unl.pngIYAuylRl.png

ROAD
elPVsvel.png N4RwmeQl.png

ALTERNATE
pyTAxLGl.png

Everything about this team represents throwbacks.... the Home and Road represent the last era of the Oilers before they moved to Tennessee and become the Titans... the alternate is a throwback to their blue helmet days but add the scarlet red as the uniform.

Team 7 now ready to be unveiled... the team above Texas and for a small state, known for as a passionate fanbase... from the Sooner State, now the new eternal rival of the Denver Broncos.

OKLAHOMA CITY BISON (AFC)

Home

SGiI2PQl.pngR21D8Bll.png

Road
3pVksXrl.pngcHPQw9Nl.png

Alternate
ffT050bl.png

The alternate is supposed to be in reference to the Sooners with it being red.

Lastly to finish off this round of concept expansions, the final team mentioned is a team from the Northwest where geographically and locally, it became known as the North West Matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and this concept... a team that has stayed in the NFC since their debut and a team that uses blue, white and grey in their kit

PORTLAND RIVER HOGS (NFC)

HOME

iDtKqTUl.pngpqEXouBl.png

ROAD
2ug7kYQl.pngJHt3Jtgl.png

ALTERNATE
mqmE5url.png

Playing their trade in a stadium called the Bay of Pigs, Portland is a team that defys critics in terms of fan support and how they play... doesn't help that the area always supports their sports team like the Trailblazers and the Timbers.

As of now, these are the only teams completed... I am still working on the rest, whilst the other international teams are more of less completed... this was before the number font changes made in earlier posts as well as shield changes as well.

Thank you very much for your patience and please tell me if these kits are to your liking.

Lets start with the first team of this next batch.... a team that is placed in the NFC North as the southern most team on the list by the reason as the Colts are the northern most team in the AFC South... weird geographically analytical stuff... yeah I don't know if the Colts will ever go back into the AFC North.

MEMPHIS STEAMERS/STEAMBOATS (NFC)

HOME

xTuthNvl.pngFhBWsPJl.png

ROAD
nJBRdZ1l.pngrZDcuDDl.png

ALTERNATE
guoM9GJl.png

So this was one of the issues I had when I designing the Steamers... the alternate was giving me a stuff, what works with red, black and white... i figured grey but this might get redesigned again if I can figure out what colour I can use for the Steamers.

In terms of concepts, the Cleveland Browns were threatening to relocate their team to Memphis to restart things after another winless season... but they got taken over by an ambitious owner before the move happened and they became a threatening side after successful restructures

32 minutes ago, Stevemealone said:

I really like these.  The Bison and Dublin concepts in particular I think are really clever.  I like how you keep the jerseys traditional, for the most part, without being boring.  

Nice work! 

Thank you very much! It's things like this that makes me want to carry on.

So Oklahoma and Dublin were the ones you liked the most? Now I was worried that I would have a boring jersey per say

Carrying on.... we move onto the team that rounds up the NFC North, is another Ohio team and was literally sued because another team in another sport didn't like their original name.... presenting team 10.

COLUMBUS CAPS (NFC)

HOME
bRhT4gAl.pngeCFQGxql.png

ROAD
8zqzXlul.pngANyK4Pbl.png

ALTERNATE
ocJ39mfl.png

Honest I am not sure if I like what I did with the Alternate as it's essentially a darker version of the Oiler's alt

Updating with the next team in this series... and wraps up the AFC North as this was literally a political issue highlighted by the Chicago Bears who were triggered when a 2nd team popped up in Chicago and in this timeline became the MOST hated team in the US... even more than the Patriots with the NFL forced to change the owners of said Bears but anyway history lesson asides, team 11 is basically Chicago team 2.

CHICAGO BLUES (AFC)

HOME

hVIgcxPl.png kD9ndEcl.png

ROAD
dLEMehul.pngpw9dFCjl.png

ALTERNATE
ZDkdcABl.png

So as you can see, the Blues in Madden are a bit lackluster... so I focused on this by adding stuff that are mostly in Chicago.

1, The Chicago Flag on the shoulder side
2, Different tones of Blue to highlight that this is not a staple of Blues Music
3, The Alternate is based on two factors... the Chicago Blue colour and the tradition of St. Patrick's Day which is colouring the river green... you might think of it as the Seahawks font but it works here because it's an Alternate/Neutral kit.

It's my most worked kit per say that's in the US block

It's been a week... I better update with the next team aka the 12th team in existance... a team that Jerry Jones Sr objected to when said team was formed in Texas... and settled up in the NFC South.

Time for the...

SAN ANTONIO MARSHALLS (NFC)

HOME

nbR0ZGkl.pngI2t7rcul.png

ROAD
sK0swpil.pngeiab4Jvl.png

ALTERNATIVE
d0ZWHChl.png

So the old time Western font was a last minute surprise that I found... it fits the theme of the team as they are in Texas and are good rivals to the Cowboys of Dallas because of what Jerry Jones Sr say and did.

Archived