New Library Of Congress logo / branding

BrandMooreArt

This image below is neat, but I don't think the Library of Congress needs a "brand". I realize that it's kind of impossible to not have any brand, but it should just be the congressional seal with a nice, classic, serifed font stapled next to it. I don't see how they benefit, and this is all pretty generic, to boot. It's a fun idea for a campaign for libraries in general, but not for the actual library of the United States Congress.

library_of_congress_2018_logo_with_illus

I get what they were going for, and it's interesting, I suppose, but something's missing.  Can't put my finger on what.  Feels barren, somehow.  Unfinished.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sorry, but HUGE downgrade, especially given the institution in question.

First of all, the Library of Congress's old logo worked wonderfully for a government institution, and had some great features. The book/stripes combo was very well-designed, evoked the USA and reading, and is an icon that works on its own. If you wanted to make that an app icon, you could do so. The Trajan font also works here because of the governmental nature here. It works in this context.

Image result for Library of Congress logo

This new logo feels too modern. Not to mention the mismatched fonts, the breaking up of the large "LIBRARY" text at random places to put icons or the lockup text in the middle.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived