Quick Basketball Logo Feedback?

C-Squared

I am working with a company founding a series of semi-pro basketball leagues... they're looking for NBA-style logos along with a Big 3-style wordmark (which is still a work in progress)... just hoping for some extra sets of eyes before they lock these in! :)

8FJnP80.jpg

FMBGPE9.jpg

I am also shoehorning in this in-progress Marilyn Monroe project because I don't think anyone would have clicked ;) Anyone have any tips for hair illustration?

vtMBC47.jpg

I always like a good basketball player silhouette logo.

On the left version, the body structure looks pretty thick, and I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't a football player doing the Desmond Howard Heisman pose. It looks like he/she is wearing shoulder pads and the chin is very pronounced - almost looks like a chin strap.

On the right version, I'd consider extending her non-dribbling arm downward very very slightly.

As far as Marilyn's hair, I got nothing other than more lines and shadows/highlights. 

On 8/27/2018 at 6:34 PM, jaha32 said:

I always like a good basketball player silhouette logo.

On the left version, the body structure looks pretty thick, and I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't a football player doing the Desmond Howard Heisman pose. It looks like he/she is wearing shoulder pads and the chin is very pronounced - almost looks like a chin strap.

On the right version, I'd consider extending her non-dribbling arm downward very very slightly.

As far as Marilyn's hair, I got nothing other than more lines and shadows/highlights. 

I'd agree on the shoulders looking too big. Nice pose though.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived