T-Wolves Throwback to 90s, Unveil Classic Edition Uniform

T-Wolves Throwback to 90s, Unveil Classic Edition Uniform

August 30, 2018 - 14:07 PM

The 90s are so in right now. This morning the Minnesota Timberwolves became the latest team to jump on the decade by unveiling their “classics edition” throwback uniform, which the team will wear five times at home in the upcoming […]

Read More...

This is probably the most dated '90s uniform this side of the Grizzlies: BFBS, jagged font, unneccessary outlines...

...but that's why this works so well as a throwback. I still wish they would resurrect the tree-lined collars for the new jerseys.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

6 minutes ago, Placebo said:

Those are sweet. 10X better than their current garbage look.

The throwbacks are far more "messy" than the current set...but the current set is just so bland (depite a decent color palette). There's definitely a lot more energy in the throwbacks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The throwbacks are far more "messy" than the current set...but the current set is just so bland (depite a decent color palette). There's definitely a lot more energy in the throwbacks.

It is an actual attempt at an identity. I appreciate it for that.

2 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

This is probably the most dated '90s uniform this side of the Grizzlies: BFBS, jagged font, unneccessary outlines...

...but that's why this works so well as a throwback. I still wish they would resurrect the tree-lined collars for the new jerseys.

I think the tree-lined collars and waistband would look so much better than the bland design they went with for their latest redesign.

3 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Um.

damon-stoudamire-of-the-toronto-raptors-

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Plenty of work would have to go into these to make them a proper modern set, but as a throwback you can't ask for much more. Harkens back to good times for the franchise and has a personality the current look is sorely lacking in.

The loss of the tree motif is deeply saddening.

5 hours ago, Bolt957 said:

Boy, I've always despised the numeral font on these, but I've always loved the trees inside the collar/cuff trim, as well as the trees in the old court apron.

Yeah, that font and all the outlines are so painfully dated and the BFBS is dumb, but I like that tree motif too.

9 hours ago, dont care said:

Dl3ghk4U8AApaCe.jpg

That’s a Nike problem, none of the nba jerseys they make have NOB with outlines

Along with cutting off the tree trim. Looks like there's been some clear cutting and habitat loss for Timberwolves since these were last worn!

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived