Arsenal Adidas Concepts

officeglenn

With the news (although not officially confirmed yet) that Arsenal FC are changing kit suppliers next season and going with Adidas, I've had a few thoughts bouncing around in my head about how the kits could look next season. Here are a few that I managed to get down into pixels:

1. Home: The traditional red shirt with white sleeves. Arsenal does have two tones of red in their crest, though, so I thought I'd try to work both into one kit. Where the lighter tone separates from the darker tone on the right side of the shirt lines up with where the tones separate in the crest. Also used both tones in the Adidas three-stripes to mimic the front of the shirt.

m5JAucV.png

2. Away: Since the news broke, Arsenal fans have been clamoring for a reproduction of the famed "bruised banana" away kits, which the club wore from 1991 to 1993. 

ZwbBrKj.png

3. Third: The pattern on the shirt is one I came up with for my fantasy PL team here on the boards this season, but I thought it looked quite a bit like what Adidas was doing for several clubs this season and for several countries at this past summer's World Cup. Arsenal wore a purple-and-black third kit in 2012-2013 that was quite well-received, I think.

72ZkhKQ.png

Anyway, let me know what you think of these. Hopefully more of the ideas bouncing around in my head will get posted in due course. 

You've done a simple, clean adaption to the Adidas format.

The tonal red home is nice, and simple enough for the team. I like the multi-colored Adidas stripes!

The away is a really good idea, but executed a bit awkwardly. The Adidas logo, sponsor, and name are hardly legible due to poor contrast. If the pattern was sublimated or the things listed above were in white, it might help. I'd also remove the pattern from the sleeves and add it to the socks.

The purple third is spot on. I could totally see Adidas doing something similar. No complaints here.

Good work!

On 8/31/2018 at 8:32 PM, vtgco said:

You've done a simple, clean adaption to the Adidas format.

The tonal red home is nice, and simple enough for the team. I like the multi-colored Adidas stripes!

The away is a really good idea, but executed a bit awkwardly. The Adidas logo, sponsor, and name are hardly legible due to poor contrast. If the pattern was sublimated or the things listed above were in white, it might help. I'd also remove the pattern from the sleeves and add it to the socks.

The purple third is spot on. I could totally see Adidas doing something similar. No complaints here.

Good work!

I'd lighten the sublimation and swap the logo and sponsor to white.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...

Back with more of these ...

Home: A more traditional, classic take on the traditional, classic Arsenal home look. Tried to incorporate more gold alongside just one shade of red this time. 

EKhtfEn.png

Away: Another variation on the bruised banana. Different pattern, white sponsor logos outlined in red. The back was too busy with the pattern to make out any names or numbers, so I switched up to solid blue.

VN2f5PI.png

Third: A riff on a third kit Puma made a couple of years ago that was pretty popular among the fans, but with some tonal stripes for funzies. 

VWbdxYZ.png

Archived