NFL REDESIGN (NFC North 3/20)

nate.sweitz

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/9/2018 at 6:07 PM, nate.sweitz said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll be posting updates periodically.

Next up, fresh off their week 1 upset, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

I have to admit, I don't hate their current threads as much as everyone on these boards seems to. I like the addition of silver and the color blocking, but the execution was lacking in a few areas, namely the numbers. So instead of completely scrapping the look, I'm attempting to build off of it.

Sword-like imagery is my main design element here, featured in the striping, numbers, and reinforced in the logos. The logo set is very similar to their current ones, but I think I made some significant improvements. I constructed it with bolder, more organic lines, and I think the skull ended up a lot more menacing and visually interesting. An updated ship logo, originally intended to be the primary, is featured on the pants.

Black is removed from all logos. Orange is relegated to logos-only.

I also put together an all-white set to suit Tampa's climate. White pants could be paired with the red jersey a couple times a year to mix it up.

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

Buccaneers_New.jpg

That logo update is fire I like the removal of the orange from the unis, the red feels like it stands out more without it. Are the stripes and numbers still reflective like the trim on the currents?

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

On 9/9/2018 at 9:50 PM, edjb93 said:

The first word that came through my mind when I saw this Bucs concept: BOLD. That set is simple but bold-looking. It draws comparisons with the new Jaguars' uniforms.

On 9/10/2018 at 12:23 AM, KevinJohnsonThaTruth said:

Would've been interesting to see how well the creamsicle colors would've paired with this uniform.

The Bucs uniforms aren't bad, it's just that being in the same division as the Falcons it would help them better if they're unis were more distinguished compared to the Falcons.

20 hours ago, BeardedFool said:

Not saying if it would look better or not, but I'd like the see the Rams' helmet with a logo stylized like the ram's horn in the logo.  Just for consistency's sake.

19 hours ago, SplashBoogie said:

That logo update is fire I like the removal of the orange from the unis, the red feels like it stands out more without it. Are the stripes and numbers still reflective like the trim on the currents?

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

If I have time later on in the series, I'll do a creamsicle version of this Bucs set.

Tried the stylized horns look for the Rams. I think the simplicity of that concept is what makes it pop, and the extra detail kinda bogs it down.

Stripes and numbers on the Bucs unis would use the same material as the currents.

Next up, the New York Jets!

Now that the Sam Darnold Era has officially begun, the Jets need a bold new look to complement the revitalized franchise.

Since the Jets are due for new uniforms next year, this concept doubles as a prediction.

I'm going for a combination of eras here. Kelly Green makes its long-anticipated return, along with a revamped version of their sleek 80's & 90's logo.

The logo is reinforced on the sleeves, similar to oldschoolvikings' Jets concept. The form of the jet happens to cradle the swoosh quite nicely, so I could totally see Nike going in this direction.

The helmet is inspired by their color rush look, complete with a metallic helmet decal.

A distinct yet traditional custom block font takes cues from the logo.

C+C is appreciated!

Jets.jpg

43 minutes ago, nate.sweitz said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

If I have time later on in the series, I'll do a creamsicle version of this Bucs set.

Tried the stylized horns look for the Rams. I think the simplicity of that concept is what makes it pop, and the extra detail kinda bogs it down.

Stripes and numbers on the Bucs unis would use the same material as the currents.

Next up, the New York Jets!

Now that the Sam Darnold Era has officially begun, the Jets need a bold new look to complement the revitalized franchise.

Since the Jets are due for new uniforms next year, this concept doubles as a prediction.

I'm going for a combination of eras here. Kelly Green makes its long-anticipated return, along with a revamped version of their sleek 80's & 90's logo.

The logo is reinforced on the sleeves, similar to oldschoolvikings' Jets concept. The form of the jet happens to cradle the swoosh quite nicely, so I could totally see Nike going in this direction.

The helmet is inspired by their color rush look, complete with a metallic helmet decal.

A distinct yet traditional custom block font takes cues from the logo.

C+C is appreciated!

Jets.jpg

All the teams you could do on 9/11 and of course it’s the Jets...

...that said great uniform, I enjoy what you did with the numbers.

13 minutes ago, Weapon X said:

All the teams you could do on 9/11 and of course it’s the Jets...

...that said great uniform, I enjoy what you did with the numbers.

Realized the second I posted it. I was trying to ride the wave of Darnold hype from last night, then I looked at the title of the post...

On 9/6/2018 at 9:48 PM, nate.sweitz said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Next up, the New York Giants.

This is essentially a modernization of their 1971 uniforms. Striping consistency is restored, with the exception of the home jersey, which remains stripeless.

Grey pants would be worn the majority of the time with this set. White pants could be substituted a few times per year.

The primary logo depicts an interlocking N-Y with a G and the Empire State Building as a backdrop. I figured since 'Giants' probably refers to their skyscrapers, they should have some kind of reference to it in their logo. The red G with a blue border is also consistent with the striping.

A simpler version of the logo appears on the helmet. For some reason, anything but a plain white logo looks weird on their helmet.

C+C is appreciated!

Giants.jpg

Thats insane. I been playing my giants franchise on Madden 19, and seriously have been doing that exact combo basically with the color rush tops, GREAT WORK!!!

First, an update to the Ravens' helmet. Purple replaces gray, giving it a more subtle look.

Ravens_New.jpg

Next up, the Indianapolis Colts!

I kept it relatively conservative for a team that hasn't made a significant change to their identity since the 50's.

I modernized the horseshoe and turned it on its side, making a C. Hardly an original idea, but it makes too much sense to pass up.

Helmet numbers are moved from the back to inside the logo, making room for a double stripe.

Little holes are added to all striping to match the horseshoe logo, giving an otherwise conservative look a little more personality.

I added a classic number font with serifs, taking cues from the logo.

C+C is appreciated!

Colts.jpg

On 9/11/2018 at 2:09 PM, nate.sweitz said:

C+C is appreciated!

Jets.jpg

This is the best Jets concept I've seen on this board. Modern while still paying respects to the past. Nice Job.

HOWEVER, I think you should extend the Jet striping, as on the sleeves, to the pants and helmet. For example, instead of having to straight lines as a helmet stripe, keep the back the same but have two jets reflect in the front and at the bottom of the pants.

Colts is perfect too. I'd probably make the helmet logo bigger.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

On 9/9/2018 at 7:07 PM, nate.sweitz said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll be posting updates periodically.

Next up, fresh off their week 1 upset, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

I have to admit, I don't hate their current threads as much as everyone on these boards seems to. I like the addition of silver and the color blocking, but the execution was lacking in a few areas, namely the numbers. So instead of completely scrapping the look, I'm attempting to build off of it.

Sword-like imagery is my main design element here, featured in the striping, numbers, and reinforced in the logos. The logo set is very similar to their current ones, but I think I made some significant improvements. I constructed it with bolder, more organic lines, and I think the skull ended up a lot more menacing and visually interesting. An updated ship logo, originally intended to be the primary, is featured on the pants.

Black is removed from all logos. Orange is relegated to logos-only.

I also put together an all-white set to suit Tampa's climate. White pants could be paired with the red jersey a couple times a year to mix it up.

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

Buccaneers_New.jpg

Needs some orange ?. Seriously

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Next up, the Seattle Seahawks!

Going for a tasteful modern look here. I wanted to keep the essence of the team's identity, i.e. custom fonts, creative striping, emphasis on grey, but take it in a different direction.

The logo is a simplification of their current logo, designed to match the jersey striping.

The custom number font takes cues from traditional Haida art. I like that their 2012 rebrand attempted to incorporate some traditional Pacific Northwest imagery into the sleeve striping, but the addition of volt negated most of that effect. Volt is out, replaced by the teal of the Seattle flag. I've also prepared a version that uses an Emerald green that fits the city as well.

C+C appreciated!

Seahawks_City_Blue.jpg

Seahawks_Emerald_Green.jpg

Whether you're finding them or creating them, you're doing an amazing job with your fonts. Hat tipped for that.

TB's font improves the look greatly, and your jersey set looks good, but I agree with @jus2damcrazey219. I also think the away could use some more red. I'd kinda like to see the skull logo replace the flag on the helmets!

The Jets look solid. I've always felt that logo didn't look very plane-like, but you've used it well.

Great idea with the Colts' holed stripes and helmet number! I'd like to see holes and/or Rangers-style points on the numbers, to spice that up a tad.

Your updates to my hometown Seahawks' jerseys are awesome, especially in Kelly. What a great blend of modern and retro, with a great font to top it off!

The logo is close, but if you're going for the local Indigenous style, it's all a bit too rounded. Maybe make the eye pointy on both sides, and make the beak's green section more defined.

An outstanding series! Really great work!

On 9/16/2018 at 11:25 AM, nate.sweitz said:

Next up, the Seattle Seahawks!

Going for a tasteful modern here. I wanted to keep the essence of the team's identity, i.e. custom fonts, creative striping, emphasis on grey, but take it in a different direction.

The logo is a simplification of their current logo, designed to match the jersey striping.

The custom number font takes cues from traditional Haida art. I like that their 2012 rebrand attempted to incorporate some traditional Pacific Northwest imagery into the sleeve striping, but the addition of volt negated most of that effect. Volt is out, replaced by the teal of the Seattle flag. I've also prepared a version that uses an Emerald green that fits the city as well.

C+C appreciated!

Seahawks_City_Blue.jpg

Seahawks_Emerald_Green.jpg

that logo looks somewhat like Florida Gulf Coast's logo, but still great concept!

sms.gif

On 9/16/2018 at 2:24 PM, vtgco said:

Whether you're finding them or creating them, you're doing an amazing job with your fonts. Hat tipped for that.

TB's font improves the look greatly, and your jersey set looks good, but I agree with @jus2damcrazey219. I also think the away could use some more red. I'd kinda like to see the skull logo replace the flag on the helmets!

The Jets look solid. I've always felt that logo didn't look very plane-like, but you've used it well.

Great idea with the Colts' holed stripes and helmet number! I'd like to see holes and/or Rangers-style points on the numbers, to spice that up a tad.

Your updates to my hometown Seahawks' jerseys are awesome, especially in Kelly. What a great blend of modern and retro, with a great font to top it off!

The logo is close, but if you're going for the local Indigenous style, it's all a bit too rounded. Maybe make the eye pointy on both sides, and make the beak's green section more defined.

An outstanding series! Really great work!

Thanks! I created the majority of the fonts. Colts and Giants are standard blocks. I used 'Avenged for Yourself' for the Ravens, adjusting a few of the numbers. Lions are based off the font Featured Item, but I made a lot of changes.

On 9/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, seasaltvanilla said:

Seahawks look great. I prefer the green version but think the teal would make a great third set.

Thanks! That's what I had initially, but I wanted to see what a full set in each color would look like so I had to post them both. I'll post the original too.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:49 AM, 1991 said:

that logo looks somewhat like Florida Gulf Coast's logo, but still great concept!

I gotta say, I don't really see it. It is a little more simplified, I guess.

Seahawks.jpg

Next up, the red-hot Kansas City Chiefs!

Minor changes here for a franchise that has looked practically the same for its entire existence.

My biggest focus here is a much-needed update to the arrowhead logo. No more black, so it's consistent with the rest of the set. The "K" in "KC" doubles as the binding that holds the arrowhead to the shaft.

I also designed a new block number font to inject some modern elements into a classic set. 

Striping consistency across the board.

C+C is appreciated!

Chiefs.jpg

4 hours ago, nate.sweitz said:

Next up, the red-hot Kansas City Chiefs!

Minor changes here for a franchise that has looked practically the same for its entire existence.

My biggest focus here is a much-needed update to the arrowhead logo. No more black, so it's consistent with the rest of the set. The "K" in "KC" doubles as the binding that holds the arrowhead to the shaft.

I also designed a new block number font to inject some modern elements into a classic set. 

Striping consistency across the board.

C+C is appreciated!

Chiefs.jpg

so-beautiful.gif

its-beautiful-gif-6.gif

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

These are marvelous, but feedback:

----------

BENGALS

Good:

• love the numeral fonts
  • love the logo
  • love the script

Meh:

• I'd just go with a white and striped helmet with traces or orange or an orange facemask
  • the script wordmark needs a little bit more "finishing," but it's almost there

----------

VIKINGS

Good:

• logo is fantastic
  • wordmark hits the mark

Meh:

• I feel the darkening of the purple is a negative, but that's my two cents

----------

RAVENS

Good:

• Font choice is solid
  • the BR interlocking logo is close to being great

Meh:

• I felt personally the design elements were way too modern (gradients, no, no)
  • design overall felt too gloomy (which makes sense, but still)

----------

The Giants, Jets, Bucs, and Lions are essentially pristine.  I wouldn't change anything.  Only thing I didn't like about the Chiefs logo is the yellow bottom of the arrowhead.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived