NFL REDESIGN (NFC North 3/20)

nate.sweitz

I agree that the Titan profile logo could use a little reworking.  I think either of your alternate logos could look good on the helmet.  Part of that is because they don't include red and neither does the jersey.  I would suggest either adding some red accents to the jersey or just eliminating it from the logo.

Also, I would like to say that this thread is overall full of great stuff, and keep up the good work!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/15/2018 at 3:59 PM, Jake3.roo said:

It's fantastic logo, but I'd tweak the mouth and eye. It looks more like hes yelling at his mom for taking away his xbox than it does like a battle cry or anything heroic. I love the execution of the sword-yoke.

On 12/15/2018 at 6:13 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Much more a fan of the Columbia blue instead of this neon blue, i don’t know what it is but that logo is off, it doesn’t seem professional, I also agree with @Jake3.roo about the mouth. Maybe it’s the curviness and roundness of it that takes away its intimidation. But it needs something. 

Now I think the font is a HUGE upgrade, I love it. The shoulder stripe is an upgrade too, although it loses some of its connection to swords without the silver. I’d love to see the hay pattern transfer to the pants, I think that would look really nice.

On 12/17/2018 at 9:04 PM, Skiumah8 said:

I agree that the Titan profile logo could use a little reworking.  I think either of your alternate logos could look good on the helmet.  Part of that is because they don't include red and neither does the jersey.  I would suggest either adding some red accents to the jersey or just eliminating it from the logo.

Also, I would like to say that this thread is overall full of great stuff, and keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll be reworking the logo shortly. As for the Columbia blue thing, that was unintentional. I've been bumping the saturation on all my concepts when I convert them to jpegs to post, and I guess I overdid it with this one.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:23 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

The front of the jerseys seem so bare. I would add the Tennessee star mark to the chest (similar to the Steelers' current jersey).

That could be a cool idea. I'll try it out.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:12 PM, simtek34 said:

I'd say add more red. The only red visible is on the logo, and on the Nike Swoosh®

Yeah I'm trying to find a place to fit in some red accents so it's not logos-only. Good call.

Next up, the New Orleans Saints!

I spent most of my time with this one working on the number font, which I modeled after Stahls TIffany. I tried to make it as New-Orleansy as possible.

The new primary logo is a fleur-de-lis with the reflection of a football at the top. The new logo appears on the helmet and sleeves.

I brought back their color rush since it's one of my favorite looks in football right now. I took the old gold from the color rush replaces the weird beige they have now.

White pants become the primary option at home. I know it may not be realistic, but the Saints are actually gonna wear gold pants on the road now too. 

Let me know what you think!

Saints.jpg

Saints-combos.jpg

Very cool font on the titans! My only critique is with the logo. Remove the eye shield, chin strap (though keeping it might make it more footbally), and in stead make it a full fade shield a la Vegas golden knights or Magneto. This makes it more Greek. Right now you're drifting toward roman design a la Ottawa Senators. Besides that, looks very sharp! Def an upgrade from reality! 

Can you try blue and gold for Saints 

Black, along with old gold and white, has always been one of the team colors, but it was not the first choice of original majority owner John W. Mecom Jr. His preference was for Mecom blue, a medium shade which was used by all of his other investments. The NFL office, however, informed him that his proposed combination too closely resembled that worn by the San Diego Chargers.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:40 AM, ramsjetsthunder said:

The 4 is a little awkward on the alternate, and I think the gold pants should be primary over the white.

On 12/24/2018 at 1:05 PM, HoopsCoach55 said:

Only issue I see is the white pants as primary over gold at home, but otherwise its nearly the same way that I see the Saints.

Yeah I just realized I used the wrong 4. Will be updating soon. I could go either way on the pants. I think the old gold pants make the home set a little too dark and heavy to be the primary option. They’d probably wear white 5x a year and gold 3x.

On 12/24/2018 at 4:38 PM, woody86 said:

Very cool font on the titans! My only critique is with the logo. Remove the eye shield, chin strap (though keeping it might make it more footbally), and in stead make it a full fade shield a la Vegas golden knights or Magneto. This makes it more Greek. Right now you're drifting toward roman design a la Ottawa Senators. Besides that, looks very sharp! Def an upgrade from reality! 

I think you’re right about the helmet. I was trying to keep it from getting too Spartany but it definitely looks too Roman now. The face shield might resolve some of my issues with his expression too. Thanks!

On 12/28/2018 at 7:20 AM, Black Dragon said:

Can you try blue and gold for Saints 

Black, along with old gold and white, has always been one of the team colors, but it was not the first choice of original majority owner John W. Mecom Jr. His preference was for Mecom blue, a medium shade which was used by all of his other investments. The NFL office, however, informed him that his proposed combination too closely resembled that worn by the San Diego Chargers.

I can try try it out. I’ll post it if it looks decent.

Next up, the Philadelphia Eagles!

I dropped black and found a shade of green in between midnight and kelly, resulting in a much cleaner look.

The striping pattern is a subtle callback to their early 80’s uniforms. I wanted to take a relatively ugly striping pattern and bring it back in a streamlined, modern way. The striping on the home jersey matches the sleeve cap on the away rather than the 80’s striping so it fits with the color blocking of the logos.

The helmet features the eagle wings from the secondary logo on a satin shell. The finish would be similar to MSU’s football helmets. The facemasks are more silver than grey, like Detroit’s. 

I wanted to somehow incorporate the Liberty bell into the logos to inject some city pride into the set. Let me know if it’s working for you. I’m a little worried that it might be too shoehorned in, but I wanted to post it first to get your take.

The wordmark and number font are a modified version of GreasySpoon. The numbers take cues from the primary logo.

C+C is appreciated!

Eagles.jpg

I love it, the new logo and colors work great. I love the updated wing design. Although I think the wordmark could be reworked, the little spikes on top don't work and maybe it could be outlined or something. The logos look awesome! Especially the new secondary and tertiary ones. That Philly bell looks great!

And For the Saints, I think it all works, like always the typeface is great. The logo is a good update. Its good all around

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I'm not a big fan of the updated primary logo for the Eagles (looks kinda like a broken robot eagle), but your secondaries are awesome! The updated colors are a huge improvement.

The font on the Saints is kinda cool, but I'd ditch the white outlines. With this set, I think gold/black/gold and gold/white/gold seem best.

I love that logo idea for the Titans, and it's well-executed, except I think the gladiator helmet has a red tail that's too long. The sword logo could use a hilt, but otherwise it's great! I'd match the yoke colors on the white jersey to the helmet, but otherwise those uniforms are perfect!

For the Pats, I'd keep all the stripes blue-white-red-white-blue, except for on a blue background (just keep what you have there.) The NE logo feels a bit bottom-heavy. Everything else looks good!

More excellent work here!

On 12/29/2018 at 11:00 AM, nate.sweitz said:

Eagles.jpg

really like this green and it pairs well with the silver. overall its a very nice uniform anf feels like an evolution of the Eagles. just a few things to tighten up here

im not crazy about the wings on the helmet. this might be too much of a departure from what they've always done. i think with this team thats something you want to respect and this feels closer to Oregon. looking at the stripes and number font, its very geometric; straight lines and sharp points. with the helmet wings though, the shapes are more feather-y and flowing, built on curves. i think if you rework the wings to resemble something a little more "Eagles" and build them with the same shapes/lines as you have the stripes and numbers, everything will tie into each other very nicely.

for the pants, i dont think you need to change the stripe from the green to white versions. take the jerseys for example: the stripes never change and the background (sleeves) stay consistent on each one. treat the pants stripe the same way. i think the green version is the better of the 2, they reflect the socks and jersey perfectly. maybe think about gray pants too? could look really nice

on the wordmark, clean up the kerning there; the spaces between the letters. theres a big gap between L-A and L-P in Philadelphia. in Eagles, G-L looks too tight. just make sure all those spaces look the same

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

hate the eagles, but you did a great job here. Only problems, and I don't really know how to describe them, are the logo and white pant striping, something is just off about em both. Good work, also nice job with the saints, a concept i missed due to the holidays. 

Archived