nate.sweitz

NFL REDESIGN (Bears update 1/16)

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

I like the Eagles Concept, but for some reason it appears compressed compared to the other concepts. Maybe it's just my phone. 

Just click on it, and it'll open as a pop-up, normal size

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 4:06 AM, NOLAPelicans23 said:

I like the Eagles Concept, but for some reason it appears compressed compared to the other concepts. Maybe it's just my phone. 

 

18 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

It did on my phone, too. It looks fine on my PC.

 

12 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Just click on it, and it'll open as a pop-up, normal size

 

Yeah I posted on mobile and the formatting got weird. I'll fix it.

 

Before I get to C+C on the Eagles, here's a rough sketch for a new Titans Logo. I want to see what you guys think before I go forward and render it.

Screen-Shot-2019-01-03-at-1-04-58-PM.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I... I...can't believe I'm just stumbling across this. This is the most successful Concept thread in the history of this site and it couldn't deserve it more. The best raw, sports design content I've ever laid eyes on. Soul food. You sir are a legend.

 

Titans logo looks excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Titans logo is pretty awesome. I've got nothing really to say about it, other than that I can't wait to see it fleshed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been dormant on this site for a while (it turns out life gets busier as you age), mostly observing but not contributing or commenting. But I can't in good conscience NOT comment on this series. Everything I've seen so far has been superbly well thought-out and well executed. The only issues I have would be mostly ridiculously small nitpicks. I won't waste time with super detailed feedback on each team, as I don't think most of them need it, but I'll hit a few things.

 

I LOVE the white helmeted Bengals. Never thought I would, but I do. In my perfect world, the orange jersey would always be the primary for them, but the black is just fine.

 

Everything about the Rams identity is perfect. And I'm not a royal-blue-and-yellow fanboy.

 

Giants, Lions, Bucs, and Jets: All logos and uniforms are noticeable upgrades.

 

Seahawks and Chiefs: Still trying to decide if I think the logos are an upgrade, but everything works as a complete identity, and that matters most to me.

 

Broncos' logo and uniforms are a bit too "ornate" for my taste, but the overall set is not a downgrade.

 

Your Jags logo is an absurd thing of beauty, a perfect combination of two flawed logos. Uniforms, particularly the color balance, are fantastic. They would be lucky to have this identity.

 

Love the Panthers set overall, but the logo still seems a bit... off? Maybe there are a few too many strokes going on. Not bad by any means, just feels like it could still be refined or simplified. I think the Bills have the same issue.

 

The use of color in the Cardinals set is perfect.

 

The Falcons logo is a fantastic render. I wish there was a way to keep the "F" shape, but it's hard not to like what you created. A really nice evolution.

 

I really enjoy your subtle and clever rework of the Niners logo.

 

Redskins are nice, though I do prefer the spear as the primary helmet logo.

 

The Saints are great, especially the return of gold pants and numerals. But it feels like (maybe just to my eye) that some of the numbers (6, 9, 0?) don't have the same amount of obliqueness as the others. 

 

Eagles are perfect. Beautiful. Masterful execution of each logo. Change nothing.

 

Titans logo was a bust at first, but your update is going to be a huge improvement when finalized. Hope to see how it works with the unis.

 

Once again, this is very, VERY impressive work. Looking forward to the rest.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

My Bears fandom is seriously jeopardizing my mental health right now, so its uplifting to see some thoughtful C+C.

However, I will not be touching my Eagles concepts for a couple of days. Too raw.

 

On 1/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, Bruins said:

I... I...can't believe I'm just stumbling across this. This is the most successful Concept thread in the history of this site and it couldn't deserve it more. The best raw, sports design content I've ever laid eyes on. Soul food. You sir are a legend.

 

Titans logo looks excellent.

Thanks, man. High praise coming from you. I appreciate it.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:56 PM, stumpygremlin said:

That Titans logo is pretty awesome. I've got nothing really to say about it, other than that I can't wait to see it fleshed out.

Thanks!

On 1/7/2019 at 8:02 AM, dgnmrwrw said:

Everything I've seen so far has been superbly well thought-out and well executed. The only issues I have would be mostly ridiculously small nitpicks. I won't waste time with super detailed feedback on each team, as I don't think most of them need it, but I'll hit a few things.

 

Thanks for the thorough feedback! I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

 

Updated logo for the Titans.

Titans-update.jpg

 

Edited by nate.sweitz
light blue socks @ home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Titans logo is definitely an upgrade from your previous one, but I do think the rest of the uniform still needs an additional splash of red.  How would it look if you made the inline of the font red?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, scottyeagle said:

The Titans logo is definitely an upgrade from your previous one, but I do think the rest of the uniform still needs an additional splash of red.  How would it look if you made the inline of the font red?

I disagree. The uniform doesn't need any extra red. The brush part of a the helmet is expected to be red, so it makes sense and doesn't look out of place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really nice concept here. well thought out and has some interesting details. speaking of details, if theres one thing i would change here it would be to remove teh white highlights from the Titan's helmet (primary logo). they just dont quite work as highlights anyway, and are a bit distracting. i think it would be a stronger mark without

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scottyeagle said:

The Titans logo is definitely an upgrade from your previous one, but I do think the rest of the uniform still needs an additional splash of red.  How would it look if you made the inline of the font red?

I'd place a small red outline on the numbers and around the inside pant stripes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

really nice concept here. well thought out and has some interesting details. speaking of details, if theres one thing i would change here it would be to remove teh white highlights from the Titan's helmet (primary logo). they just dont quite work as highlights anyway, and are a bit distracting. i think it would be a stronger mark without

I think it works, though cutting down the amount on white in the highlighting could improve it. I also wonder if making the helmet navy or light blue would be a  better look, but I think for that the logo needs a white outline. 

 

6 hours ago, nate.sweitz said:

Titans-new.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think the blue your using is too vibrant, I think it would improve the design  to change it back. Otherwise the numbers could benefit with the removal of the inline maybe, and the t-sword logo could use a hilt. The logo is a 100% step up imo great job on that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback on the Titans. I'll see what I can do.

As far as the red debate goes, I'm with @Griffinmarlins. I've tried adding extra red on the jerseys several different ways, and it throws off the whole look. I don't want to completely get rid of red, and its expected on the crest of the helmet, so I think it works well enough.

 

Meanwhile, here's a simplified version of the Saints. No football on the fleur-de-lis. No white except for base jerseys and pants.

Better? Worse? I'd love to hear your feedback. 

Saints-new.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think the Titans look pretty solid now. If you can find a way to incorporate a touch of red in the unis, it wouldn't hurt. But the Titans have done a good enough job with minimal to no red on the uniforms for so long, your concept certainly doesn't need it.

 

I'm torn on the new Saints version. As a Panthers fan who's watched the Saints at least twice a year for the last 25 years, it is odd to lose the white. But your last version does look damn good. I think it's a slight improvement.

 

EDIT: Have you thought about light blue socks on the home primary just for color balance? I've always associated that light blue with the Titans (and Oilers)

Edited by dgnmrwrw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that light blue socks for the Titans home uniform would be amazing, that's the only real change I'd make on it.

 

The Saints update..... looks great, but doesnt look like New Orleans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints definitely look cleaner, and more modern, however I don't know if thats a good thing. I kinda liked the classic feel the old one had, with the traditional striping and white accents. This would be a great redesign if it was to happen now in replace of their real life identity, but when comparing it to the original one you designed... I'm leaning towards the first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 5:36 PM, dgnmrwrw said:

I think the Titans look pretty solid now. If you can find a way to incorporate a touch of red in the unis, it wouldn't hurt. But the Titans have done a good enough job with minimal to no red on the uniforms for so long, your concept certainly doesn't need it.

 

I'm torn on the new Saints version. As a Panthers fan who's watched the Saints at least twice a year for the last 25 years, it is odd to lose the white. But your last version does look damn good. I think it's a slight improvement.

 

EDIT: Have you thought about light blue socks on the home primary just for color balance? I've always associated that light blue with the Titans (and Oilers)

 

On 1/8/2019 at 5:17 PM, HoopsCoach55 said:

I agree that light blue socks for the Titans home uniform would be amazing, that's the only real change I'd make on it.

 

The Saints update..... looks great, but doesnt look like New Orleans.

 

On 1/8/2019 at 5:37 PM, jaytavo305 said:

Saints definitely look cleaner, and more modern, however I don't know if thats a good thing. I kinda liked the classic feel the old one had, with the traditional striping and white accents. This would be a great redesign if it was to happen now in replace of their real life identity, but when comparing it to the original one you designed... I'm leaning towards the first. 

 

Thanks for the feedback, guys. You're right about the light blue socks. Looks great. I've updated accordingly.

 

Next up, the Houston Texans!

New primary logo features an 'H-T' lockup that doubles as a steer head. The top of the T forms a par of horns, while the lone star in the center overlaps the H to form two glaring eye sockets. It doesn't scream "football logo," but it would be a unique conceptual look for the franchise.

The rest of the uniform is inspired by the Texas flag. The sleeve caps serve as the blue field with the lone star, and the yoke on the home and road matches the two stripes of the flag.

I couldn't figure out which one I liked more so I prepared a blue helmet and a white helmet version

Let me know what you think!

 

Texans_navy.jpg

Texans-white.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not seeing a steer head, idk what you can do to fix that but all I see is a t with horns and an H. Otherwise I really really like it. I like the stripes and the change to a red primary jersey. 

I’d also go with a blue helmet over white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I’m not seeing a steer head, idk what you can do to fix that but all I see is a t with horns and an H. Otherwise I really really like it. I like the stripes and the change to a red primary jersey. 

I’d also go with a blue helmet over white.

 

It takes a sec. The star forms the brow. What’s left of the H’s crossbar is the eyes. Definitely more readable on the navy background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the red primaries. I'd really like for any red/blue NFL team to make red the star, but whatever, I guess. Very, very big on the blue helmet. Very well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now