NFL REDESIGN (NFC North 3/20)

nate.sweitz

I like the packing stencil idea for Green Bay!

A "GB" logo makes more sense than just a big "G," IMO. IDK if a circle is the best idea, but it works.

The new font looks great on the jerseys, but I think the alternate should use a throwback block font.

What a great concept for San Francisco!

It looks so much cleaner without all the gross black outlines, and the SF interlocking is perfect, but the pickaxes really elevate the logo! Amazing work!

The Bridge font is really well-done, too. Good idea.

I'm not a huge fan of the fauxback, but it's certainly better than the original.

Way to keep up the really good work!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get really nervous when people do Niners concepts, but this is one of the best I have ever seen.  As much as I feel like their current look is untouchable (we won't talk about the switch to garnet in the late 90s), this would be a fantastic rebrand in real life.

mainescarf.png

Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

Next up, the Chicago Bears!

As a diehard Bears fan who sees no reason to make significant changes to their look, this was definitely a challenge.

In order to make an original concept to one of the oldest franchises in the league, I had to make sure the changes I made were rooted in tradition.

My goal here was to create a set that harkened back to the "Monsters of the Midway" era of Chicago football, when the Bears were a perennial powerhouse.

I based this set of off their 1936 road uniforms, one of the most distinctive looks from the pre-Super Bowl era. The shoulder striping pattern from this uniform is applied to the entire set.

The jersey numbers are a block version of their classic font. The sans-serif look wasn't quite hard-nosed enough for this look.

I designed a new bear logo that takes cues from the uniform striping and classic wishbone C. A more symmetrical version of this C appears on their alternate helmet.

The stars from the Chicago flag appear on the back of the helmet to inject some city pride into the set. The helmets are closer to the finish the Browns have, in lieu of the hi-gloss shell.

The orange alternate is to be worn once a year the Sunday before Halloween. Mixing and matching between the home, road, and alternate is encouraged, as seen below. Ideally, they'd wear the road uniforms once or twice at home too, 

I also did a quick mockup of how the shoulder striping would look in action, since its pretty unconventional.

Let me know what you think!

Bears-new.jpg

Bears-options.jpg

bears-mockups-copy.jpg

Are the orange jersey numbers not narrowed intentionally in the same way as those in the navy and white uniforms? That's what I've observed.

Nonetheless, this is a great redesign for the Bears, especially for those who prefer the design from the leather-helmet era. I though prefer the wishbone C to stay as the primary helmet decal and relegate the bear head logo to alternate status, but that's your design and that's none of my business. Awesome job! 😁

The Bears wordmarks aren't successful.  The art-deco Chicago font clashes too heavily with the blockier Bears one.  Additionally, there is a consistency issue with the B and the R.  I would either remove the serifs on the left side of the B or add some on the R.  Having serifs on one but not the other just looks weird.

The uniform is a good modernization of their current and historical looks, and the bear logo is well rendered (although in the real world, I wouldn't want them to ever stray with the wishbone C as the primary). 

On 11/16/2018 at 5:04 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Big switch from the wishbone C, while I like the logo, it’s a miss for Chicago, their current bear one is better. Although it’s a no for me on the logos, the uniforms are a yes! I also like the new graphics! 

Yeah it's tough to top the C. Thanks.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:37 AM, edjb93 said:

Are the orange jersey numbers not narrowed intentionally in the same way as those in the navy and white uniforms? That's what I've observed.

Nonetheless, this is a great redesign for the Bears, especially for those who prefer the design from the leather-helmet era. I though prefer the wishbone C to stay as the primary helmet decal and relegate the bear head logo to alternate status, but that's your design and that's none of my business. Awesome job! 😁

The orange alt does use a wider block, similar to the Bears current throwbacks (although I overlooked that detail when doing the mockups on Trubisky). I'd keep the C too but I'm really trying to come up with a new logo for each team. 

On 11/17/2018 at 3:42 PM, scottyeagle said:

The Bears wordmarks aren't successful.  The art-deco Chicago font clashes too heavily with the blockier Bears one.  Additionally, there is a consistency issue with the B and the R.  I would either remove the serifs on the left side of the B or add some on the R.  Having serifs on one but not the other just looks weird.

The uniform is a good modernization of their current and historical looks, and the bear logo is well rendered (although in the real world, I wouldn't want them to ever stray with the wishbone C as the primary). 

Good C+C. I've updated the wordmarks.

Just for kicks and grins, here's more conservative take on the Bears. This is more in line with what I'd actually do if they came calling. 

I tried to figure out how to make all the striping consistent. I think the best option is for the home jersey to have two orange stripes with a white stroke, and the road jersey to have the three stripe pattern with the same white stroke dividing the stripes.

So essentially, the striping pattern reads like this in every format:   Screen-Shot-2018-11-21-at-10-53-05-AM.pn

Updated C logo becomes the primary, and the new bear logo is relegated to alternate status. The 1936 uniform still makes an appearance as an alternate.

I also added a few other alternate combos. Since their 100th anniversary is coming up, I added some other throwbacks and fauxback combos to call back to.

C+C appreciated!

Bears-conservative.jpg

Bears-conservative-combos.jpg

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

What do you think about switching up the home striping to be White/Blue/White/Orange/White/Blue/White instead? This keeps the striping consistent from the road set like you were hoping for. Not sure how well it will look, but just a thought. Otherwise, more great work!

I actually did try that. It was an interesting look but it didn’t feel enough like the Bears.

Next up, the Los Angeles Chargers!

This set is inspired by classic chargers uniforms of the past. I moved the bolts down from the shoulders to the sleeves.

I tweaked their bolt logo to reflect more movement. I threw in an alternate crest as an homage to the first iteration of the LA Chargers.

Powder blue is finally restored to its rightful place as the primary. I added a navy alternate that would ideally be used for night games.

My favorite detail is probably the bolts on the socks.

C+C is appreciated.

Chargers.jpg

Chargers-jersey-combos.jpg

1 hour ago, KevinJohnsonThaTruth said:

Love the Chargers look and definitely think the Powder Blue and Gold should be the main colors.

I'd even take it a step farther and get rid of navy entirely and make the alternate jersey Gold.

I like the navy, gold is too close to the rams. 

I love the updates you made! Especially bringing the powder back and simplifying the font! Although I think I like the current shoulder stripes better yours certainly are good!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived