NFL REDESIGN (NFC North 3/20)

nate.sweitz

Man, you're getting there but it's still too detailed. I know you might want to make a whole new logo, but the Panthers don't need that. They just need the removal of the silver and a slight tweak to the left eye. Additionally, the white outline adds nothing, and messes up the helmet, too. The gradient on the alt doesn't work, but I'd get rid of it altogether. It doesn't mesh with the rest of the set. I don't think the main logo needs that much detail, either. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are my critiques on the new panther logo:

It's really pretty good! The face is one of the major problems, I see with panther redesigns and this is really close. I would lose the black mark above the nose. The right eye also needs to be slightly bigger in proportion with the left, but I would make both bigger. Last thing, while I really like the shapes of the lower neck blue mark,  left ear, and face, I think the large blue shape on the left of the logo needs to revision and better flow with the rest of the neck.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm gonna put the Panthers logo on the shelf for now. I think there are definitely some things that could be reworked.

Next up, the Arizona Cardinals! 

The theme here is 'Arizona sunset.' Bold flashes of color and modern elements for a team whose identity looks more and more dated every year.

Cherry red is now accompanied with yellow and navy accents.

Sleeve and pants striping takes cues from the Arizona Flag. The number font is also inspired by the acute angles of the flag (see 4 and 5).

The navy blue Arizona pride alt with copper accents is a little out there, but I think it would work once a year under the lights.

Numbers on the away uniforms gradiate from navy to red. oldschoolvikings did a concept with gradients for the Cards a while back and I thought it was a cool visual reference to sunsets. I originally had plain red numbers but I was surprised how well the gradients worked with the sleeve stripes. 

For the new logo, I tried to maintain the integrity of their current, but make it look more like a cardinal.

C+C is appreciated!

Cardinals_new_new_copy.jpg

Wow. This is honestly one of the coolest Cardinals concepts I’ve ever seen. You see a lot of state flag motif concepts for them (mostly because, I think, it’s the obvious route they should be taking), but I’ve never seen one as creatively executed as this. It looks precisely like what the Cardinals should have evolved into in moving with the times instead of the piped Arena League mess they have now. Bravo.

If I have one suggestion, it’s that I don’t think the red jersey needs the white collar and cuffs. I think it would work even better than it does now without them, and would be better off filled in red. The uniform would still be well balanced with the white numbers unifying the heavy white from the helmet and pants just fine. But even still, that’s a minor suggestion. This is an excellent concept. Very well done!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I quite like your Panthers cat eye logo; it's a pretty clever and creative route for the Panthers. I agree that it works better as a secondary logo, though. Those jerseys look good.

For Dallas, I think something's a tad off about the spacing of the star in the D, but I'm not sure what. I'm not a huge fan of the sleeve stars, but your striping is good.

Bravo for Arizona here! I second a lot of @FinsUp1214's sentiments; this is one of the better AZ flag executions I've seen. Also agree about the cuffs.

My suggestions: red pants and/or maybe red to yellow gradient numbers for the away. Copper pants and/or more red & yellow stripes up the shoulders for the alternate.

Keep up the great work!

On 10/7/2018 at 11:01 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Wow. This is honestly one of the coolest Cardinals concepts I’ve ever seen. You see a lot of state flag motif concepts for them (mostly because, I think, it’s the obvious route they should be taking), but I’ve never seen one as creatively executed as this. It looks precisely like what the Cardinals should have evolved into in moving with the times instead of the piped Arena League mess they have now. Bravo.

If I have one suggestion, it’s that I don’t think the red jersey needs the white collar and cuffs. I think it would work even better than it does now without them, and would be better off filled in red. The uniform would still be well balanced with the white numbers unifying the heavy white from the helmet and pants just fine. But even still, that’s a minor suggestion. This is an excellent concept. Very well done!

On 10/7/2018 at 11:28 PM, vtgco said:

I quite like your Panthers cat eye logo; it's a pretty clever and creative route for the Panthers. I agree that it works better as a secondary logo, though. Those jerseys look good.

For Dallas, I think something's a tad off about the spacing of the star in the D, but I'm not sure what. I'm not a huge fan of the sleeve stars, but your striping is good.

Bravo for Arizona here! I second a lot of @FinsUp1214's sentiments; this is one of the better AZ flag executions I've seen. Also agree about the cuffs.

My suggestions: red pants and/or maybe red to yellow gradient numbers for the away. Copper pants and/or more red & yellow stripes up the shoulders for the alternate.

Keep up the great work!

On 10/7/2018 at 11:54 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Navy seems really dark and too much like black, especially from a distance. Otherwise it’s a good idea, although the gradient red to blue reminds me of University of Arizona 

On 10/8/2018 at 4:58 PM, andyfootball67 said:

Another amazing job on Arizona, and the Logo for Carolina is absolutely amazing keep up the good work

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I'll try out your suggestions. I had the white in to maintain some of the color balance from their current uniform set.

As for the navy, it's intentionally very dark. Ideally, it would only appear blue when light hits it. Since the Cardinals are historically red and white with black accents, I didn't want to deviate too much from that.

Next up, the Cleveland Browns!

I essentially brought the Browns back to their pre-2015 uniforms, with some streamlining and consistency.

Orange pants remain an option for a couple weeks during the season.

The orange alternate is an update of their 00's orange alts.

I also created a lockup logo that takes cues from their iconic helmet striping.

Nothing too outside the box, but I think its definitely an improvement over their current threads.

C+C is appreciated!

Browns_new_old.jpg

Browns_jersey_combos.jpg

18 hours ago, nate.sweitz said:

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I'll try out your suggestions. I had the white in to maintain some of the color balance from their current uniform set.

As for the navy, it's intentionally very dark. Ideally, it would only appear blue when light hits it. Since the Cardinals are historically red and white with black accents, I didn't want to deviate too much from that.

I essentially brought the Browns back to their pre-2015 uniforms, with some streamlining and consistency.

Nothing too outside the box, but I think its definitely an improvement over their current threads.

C+C is appreciated!

Browns_new_old.jpg

Browns_jersey_combos.jpg

Arizona looks great, no doubt! But Cleveland looks almost like a carbon copy of NCAA's Bethune-Cookman Wildcats primary logo.

7076_bethune_cookman_wildcats_primary_20

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

7 minutes ago, Go Red Sox! said:

Arizona looks great, no doubt! But Cleveland looks almost like a carbon copy of NCAA's Bethune-Cookman Wildcats primary logo.

I mean yeah. There are only so many ways to interlock a B and a C. I went with this style of lockup cause it reinforces the helmet and road striping at some of the overlap points.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-11_at_12.20.06_PM.pn   Screen_Shot_2018-10-11_at_12.20.50_PM.pn

Any resemblance to actual logos, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

On 10/10/2018 at 4:05 PM, nate.sweitz said:

C+C is appreciated!

Browns_new_old.jpg

Browns_jersey_combos.jpg

I feel like I should love this but it reminds me too much of the original Bengals look (which of course was based on the Browns). Maybe incorporate the current number font with the correct coloring? Still an upgrade on the real thing, however.

Archived