NFL REDESIGN (NFC North 3/20)

nate.sweitz

Hey guys! With the 2018 season quickly approaching, I'm going to start posting a series that I've been working on since before I knew this place existed.

For each NFL franchise, I've created a new uniform and logo set. Some are simply modernizations of classic looks, while others will be more radical changes.

The vector template I'm using is a combination of parts from a few existing templates that I modified to fit the appearance of andrewharrington's incredible template. 

After I've posted all the teams using the 2D template, I'll be presenting them division-by-division using a realistic 3D presentation I created myself.

Until then, I'll be putting out my concepts in no particular order. I've got designs together 28 of the 32 teams so far. Most of them were created over the course of this summer. I'm starting college in a few days so I wanted to get as much work done as I could while I still had the time.

AFC

East

Buffalo Bills - update

Miami Dolphins - update

New England Patriots

New York Jets

North

Baltimore Ravens - update

Cincinnati Bengals - orange helmet

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

South

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans - update

West

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs - update

Las Vegas Raiders

Los Angeles Chargers

NFC
East

Dallas Cowboys

New York Giants

Philadelphia Eagles - update

Washington Redskins

North

Chicago Bears - alternate take - update - presentation

Detroit Lions - presentation

Green Bay Packers - presentation

Minnesota Vikings - presentation

South

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers - update

New Orleans Saints - alternate take

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Creamsicle

West

Arizona Cardinals

Los Angeles Rams

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks

First up is the Cincinnati Bengals, inspired by their color-rush uniform's block font and emphasis on white.

The helmet design, which more accurately depicts the way the striping on a tiger's head actually works, is borrowed from a concept I've seen floating around for a few years. It's such a good idea that I built the rest of the team's visual identity around it.

The number font is a custom block font I built. It's very similar to the one the Jaguars just released, but that was after I had already finished this concept.

For the logo, I wanted to make a more aggressive, snarling cat with a lot of movement. Pretty happy with the way it turned out!

Enjoy! C+C is greatly appreciated!

Bengals.jpg

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a version with the helmet colors flipped for the orange fans out there. I like this look too, but if you squint it just looks like the Browns. I'm using the white helmet to differentiate between the two teams.

Bengals_Orange.jpg

Next up is the Minnesota Vikings!

My idea here was to marry their current identity with their late 90's/early 00's look, with consistent striping all the way around.

The logo is a modern interpretation of the classic Hubenthal Norseman.

C+C appreciated!

Vikings.jpg

38 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Um the striping on the purple pants does not match the white pants.

Let me clarify. The striping isn’t the same pattern but it’s still consistent. The striping goes white-purple-yellow-purple in all formats. There are a lot of different ways to achieve striping consistency, this is just a way you don’t see all the time.

I think you can still incorporate white into the Bengals helmet and have it match what tiger stripes look like by fading the orange to white at the bottom of the helmet. It doesn't have to be a gradual fade either (which wouldn't look great). The actually fade at the bottom of the tiger is not that gradual either, but that's where the motivation of the orange to white fade comes from.19e5e863dfefe166e6a670534c5f70ea.jpeg

On 9/1/2018 at 4:13 PM, Section30 said:

Love the Vikings, the logo is great, the jersey looks bare without the Vikings wordmark though

Yeah I get the wordmark thing. I think it looks off above Diggs' 14 so I'm leaving it off of this concept, but it might make its way into the final.

On 9/2/2018 at 9:56 AM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

It looks almost blue to me, more purple please

True. It's almost more of a forum blue. Either way, I'm not that concerned about it, cause in real life it would look different in every photo anyway.

On 9/2/2018 at 10:53 AM, thefridge15 said:

I think you can still incorporate white into the Bengals helmet and have it match what tiger stripes look like by fading the orange to white at the bottom of the helmet. It doesn't have to be a gradual fade either (which wouldn't look great). The actually fade at the bottom of the tiger is not that gradual either, but that's where the motivation of the orange to white fade comes from.

I tried it out. The helmet looks great on its own but it doesn't fit as well with the rest of the uniforms. Good suggestion though!

Next up is the Baltimore Ravens.

This one's a little unconventional. I'm going for a dark, gothic look for B-more, complete with a shimmering, art deco take on raven feathers for the shoulders.

The raven's eye and the swooshes have a yellow-red gradient, a reference to the colors of the Maryland flag.

Pants and socks could be mixed and matched. They'd probably go monochrome once at home and at least once on the road over the course of the season.

The font is an adjusted version of 'Avenged for Yourself'. It's definitely not your standard block, but I think its perfect for a modern gothic look.

C+C is greatly appreciated. Happy Labor Day everyone!

Ravens.jpg

Baltimore is amazing. The red/yellow gradient is an excellent way to incorporate the flag without randomly stuffing it everywhere. That purple jersey is a thing of beauty! The only think I might change is maybe making the helmet stripe purple? I don't know how well that would work, but it might be worth trying. Good work!

the user formerly known as cdclt

Archived