New York Islanders New Third Uniform Leaks

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a sucker for white shoulders but this jersey is just boring. The "NY" is not a strong logo on its own (not that their primary is anything special) and if those are really black pants, then they are going to look like a mess on the ice. The islanders need to do the obvious thing that apparently is not so obvious to them. An orange jersey that mirrors their primary set. I would like to see their lighthouse logo brought back, maybe even modernized to slap on the front of their thirds. 

13 hours ago, EvelethMN said:

Woof...that is the worst jersey I think I have ever seen!

You’re joking, right? That’s not even the worst jersey the Islanders have ever had. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Given the Isles' track record of thirds, I'll take it. But as Olmec stated above, all they need to do is an orange alternate that swaps the blue and orange and call it a day. I've been wanting them to do that since the 98-99 jerseys. Granted my rule of thumb for alternates that nobody (outside Chicago and Philadelphia when the third jersey program started) follows is recoloring the home jersey, but alas

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

The Islanders name has so much potential for an interesting alternate.  The Lighthouse logo is definitely on the dated side but they could surely come up with something interesting and current using similar imagery.  An orange jersey with the same primary logo would be just as uninspired IMO.  The pylon jersey proved that.

2 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

With Lou Lamoriello at the helm I'm surprised they went with an alternate at all. If there was a bright noisy orange alternate that they had waiting in the wings, I have no doubt he put the kibosh on it.

The alternate has been in the works long before Lou was hired and short of it being a complete disaster like the famed unreleased St. Louis Blues' third, it's unlikely even Lou could have killed it.  Maybe he prevents them from getting another third in the future, outside of a vintage jersey.  Ultimately, if the owners want a third jersey no matter what Lou says, there's going to be a third jersey.

An orange third could work.  They just need to come up with a better design or even just recolour their current set.

I actually like this jersey. I can't recall where, but I saw a mockup of it on Josh Bailey and it looked really solid. I've got a feeling it'll be one of those jerseys where it looks bad on paper and looks good in action.

EDIT: Here's the picture.

bqxdxkn871k11.jpg

13 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I actually like this jersey. I can't recall where, but I saw a mockup of it on Josh Bailey and it looked really solid. I've got a feeling it'll be one of those jerseys where it looks bad on paper and looks good in action.

EDIT: Here's the picture.

bqxdxkn871k11.jpg

That yoke looks like he's got paper towels sitting on his shoulders.

53 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

That yoke looks like he's got paper towels sitting on his shoulders.

When you have a bounty on your head but you're also dyslexic

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived