Maryland Football Concept

MDGP

I, like many other here, am not a fan of Maryland's football uniforms. The design is too obsessed with the Maryland flag design, and fails to use the design in a dignified manner. A few years ago, the Terps wore a nice looking throwback uniform against Penn State that I thought could be a solid base for a uniform. 

The main basis of the design is to create a classic designed combined with the Maryland flag elements used in a more symbolic fashion. The set's main feature is a UCLA style shoulder stripe that had been segmented into three portions, each shifted to mimic the black and gold bars on the flag. The red and white cross is sublimated upon the sleeves. The broken stripe is only featured on the sleeves (wouldn't work on the helmet, didn't like it on the pants).

Otherwise, the uniforms are pretty straightforward, hopefully emulating the classic Big Ten look while retaining some uniqueness.

e99taTB.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

You have a really good concept here, but IMO it's toned down just a tad too much.

I love the split striping idea, so I'd use that on the pants and helmet stripes too!

I feel like the cross part of the flag got shafted here, so maybe try red & white quartered sleeve caps or shoulder yoke to play up that part a bit!

Finally, I'd just do a single outline (or no outline) on the name & numbers. I know they use double outlines IRL, but I think the white jersey especially looks really awkward with them.

Great idea here, just spruce it up a bit and you're golden!

I might be the odd man out but i love Marylands flag sets they got me into this whole jersey thing, that being said i really enjoy the design. Kinda of reminds me of their throwbacks that they wore last year. I agree about the wordmark and think maybe try to include the flag some more but overall great design!

Thanks for the responses guys, I took what you said into account and came up with a second option. I still prefer the first one overall, but I figured why not give you guys a look.

L5ETAcN.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived