Waffles

Inter Miami FC Reveals Logo, MLS Expansion Club for 2020

Recommended Posts

 

I love the art deco look - perfect for Miami. The sun alternate on its own looks like a for-profit scam university logo or for-profit scam rehab center, so perfect for Florida, I guess?

 

The name doesn't bother me too much; at this point, it's just 21st Century MLS. I'm curious to see how they'll abbreviate it. ICF Miami?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about as clunky as expected. The main crest is the best part, but I almost wonder if the defining elements are too small and get a bit lost in the mass of the roundel. I'll pass on the partials. Like the pink, but pairing it with just black makes me worry they will just be LAFC with pink subbed in for gold. The name is about as bad as expected but at least they didn't work "Beckham" into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "M" made by the crossed crane legs is brilliant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Waffles said:

 

I love the art deco look - perfect for Miami. The sun alternate on its own looks like a for-profit scam university logo or for-profit scam rehab center, so perfect for Florida, I guess?

 

The name doesn't bother me too much; at this point, it's just 21st Century MLS. I'm curious to see how they'll abbreviate it. ICF Miami?

 

I'd imagine they'd commonly be referred to as "Inter Miami" and go with IMFC as their abbreviation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit larger pic of the Miami crest...

 mlslogo.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is really good.  That's all I've got to say.  Hope the kits are equally fetch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beantown77 said:

 

I'd imagine they'd commonly be referred to as "Inter Miami" and go with IMFC as their abbreviation.

Montreal might not like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Bit larger pic of the Miami crest...

 mlslogo.png

I would hope that only the shield would make it onto the jersey, and that the roundel is an official club logo. But I'm sure that's too much to ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like it, except for 2 pet peeves.

 

1. The Shield on Rondel is getting a little stale (seems everyone is doing it).  Having just the shield with the lettering in a circle would be more pleasant.

2. The proper Spanish would be "Club Internacional de Futbol" not "Internacional Club de Futbol"

 

But I love the colors, the cranes, the intertwined legs as an M, surprised cranes and not flamingos, but either is fine.  

 

Hoping the main jersey is either white or pink, not black. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WideRight said:

I really like it, except for 2 pet peeves.

 

1. The Shield on Rondel is getting a little stale (seems everyone is doing it).  Having just the shield with the lettering in a circle would be more pleasant.

2. The proper Spanish would be "Club Internacional de Futbol" not "Internacional Club de Futbol"

 

But I love the colors, the cranes, the intertwined legs as an M, surprised cranes and not flamingos, but either is fine.  

 

Hoping the main jersey is either white or pink, not black. 

  

It will be dark dark dark dark blue as MLS requires most teams to use blue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realll pretty logo, hoping they go with pinks as the kit color, and not monotone black. or monotone white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Bit larger pic of the Miami crest...

 mlslogo.png

After all these years and it appears my username became meaningless. This logo is amazing though, loving the pink and black. Truly thought it would be the tackiest thing but it turned out not to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kansas City: "Let's have a pretentious identity to differentiate ourselves in the MLS"

 

Salt Lake: "hold my beer"

 

Miami: "Woooo!  Hold my coke!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they did go with a pink top (here's hoping), then wouldn't a 2nd kit be just a formality/money grab? Pink would be a sufficient clash with most MLS clubs' primary tops, wouldn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

If they did go with a pink top (here's hoping), then wouldn't a 2nd kit be just a formality/money grab? Pink would be a sufficient clash with most MLS clubs' primary tops, wouldn't it?

It'd be necessary vs Houston depending on how dark or light the pink is. If MLS and Liga MX did cross competitions or they made Concacaf Champions League they might need a secondary as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True enough.  A dark pink could be considered too close to all-red like Toronto as well, especially under floodlights.

 

I'm not sure how red/green color blindness works with shades like pink or Seattle's light green, but that's another possible problem.  A clash kit just makes sense to avoid all these conceivable issues, even if it's rarely worn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 12:41 PM, gosioux76 said:

I would hope that only the shield would make it onto the jersey, and that the roundel is an official club logo. But I'm sure that's too much to ask. 

 

These were trademarked as well.

 

KpyQ152.jpg

 

5kOGdHL.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

 

These were trademarked as well.

 

KpyQ152.jpg

 

5kOGdHL.jpg

Interesting. The sun/moon/stars would look nice on a white top. I'm not completely familiar with MLS' kit rules...but would you suppose that they would allow different badge/crest/logos corresponding to home/away kits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

Interesting. The sun/moon/stars would look nice on a white top. I'm not completely familiar with MLS' kit rules...but would you suppose that they would allow different badge/crest/logos corresponding to home/away kits?

 

I'm not aware of anything prohibiting it.  We were advocating for a while that NYCFC put its monogram on a clash kit instead of the full badge, and were told that was "a possibility".

 

That being said, it's generally good branding to pick one and stick with it.  Especially for a new club.  But there's a reason that Arsenal, Man United, Juventus, Barcelona, and other major clubs stick to one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now