Waffles

Inter Miami FC Reveals Logo, MLS Expansion Club for 2020

• Hope Miami's primary uniforms are pink jerseys, pink shorts and black socks. Though I'd accept pink jerseys, black shorts and pink socks.
  • Don't come after me with pitchforks, but as for as potential color vs color matchups go I'd like to see Miami vs Austin. I want to believe pale pink vs kelly green would be visually pleasing.
  • Part of me want Herons to become an unofficial nickname for Miami.

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:
  • Hope Miami's primary uniforms are pink jerseys, pink shorts and black socks. Though I'd accept pink jerseys, black shorts and pink socks.
  • Don't come after me with pitchforks, but as for as potential color vs color matchups go I'd like to see Miami vs Austin. I want to believe pale pink vs kelly green would be visually pleasing.

Good point.

Now as for your second bullet point...how many AKAs do you know?? ?

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

1.  I'm all in favor of that, especially the black shorts.

2.  Not gonna touch that.

3.  Pretty sure that's going to happen.

I think, ideally, this team will be pink/black/pink or pink/black/black at home. All-black ala LAFC would be a big disappointment. I also want a teal away, with either black or white trim!

I do really hope that however Miami's kits turn out, it doesn't stop the Impact from bringing back the pink away from their USL/NASL days:

impact-rose-noir-maillots_2010_.jpg

So much better than another boring all-white away. Get on it, Montréal!

On 9/6/2018 at 3:01 PM, Gothamite said:

So with the addition of Miami, this is what MLS will look like. Not pictured are Nashville and Cincinnati, which have yet to unveil their colors/logos.  And this graphic presumes a pink Miami shirt, which may be just wishful thinking on my part.

EPFGhBI.png

Should probably add Austin FC to this as well.

On 8/15/2018 at 11:27 PM, _RH_ said:

Kansas City: "Let's have a pretentious identity to differentiate ourselves in the MLS"

Salt Lake: "hold my beer"

Miami: "Woooo!  Hold my coke!"

Real Salt Lake is so much worse than either Sporting Kansas City or Inter Miami.

15 hours ago, daniel75 said:

leave the Euro names in Europe it comes off as pathetic and a little embarrassing.

MLS has been on the upswing since they started using European naming conventions. American-style names represented a period when the league nearly fell apart.

So your feelings aside? Most people who are into MLS- ie their paying customers- seem to like the European naming direction.

The only real misstep has been Real Salt Lake. They're obviously trying for a Real Madrid feel, but "real" is Spanish for "royal." And Real Madrid is named as such because the title was given to them by King Alfonso XIII of Spain.

Seeing as neither King Juan Carlos or King Felipe VI has bestowed the "royal" title to the Salt Lake club? The name "Real Salt Lake" comes off as cringeworthy.

And that's as far as I'll go when it comes to criticizing European-style names in MLS. The vast majority of them work.

5 hours ago, Primzahl said:

Should probably add Austin FC to this as well.

Only when the move is official.  Until then, the Crew stays. 

18 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

its an underrated color combination. i think it'd look amazing live

13 hours ago, Buc said:

Good point.

Now as for your second bullet point...how many AKAs do you know?? ?

Well hopefully a group in Columbus can buyout PSV and Austin ends up being an expansion club. Expansion Austin is a far lesser evil than Relocation Austin lol.

On 9/8/2018 at 11:19 AM, daniel75 said:

leave the Euro names in Europe it comes off as pathetic and a little embarrassing.

Inter is a name that’s as much (pan-)American as European.

20 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

143818356-bf22203d-8e80-4fd1-8932-1986f4

It looks great, but I’m going to keep on hoping it never happens in MLS

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:58 AM, 4_tattoos said:

Well hopefully a group in Columbus can buyout PSV and Austin ends up being an expansion club. Expansion Austin is a far lesser evil than Relocation Austin lol.

38 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

1 hour ago, Primzahl said:

He thinks so.  But that is only his opinion.

Regardless, Austin FC is not a done deal, has not been announced, and therefore has no place in my graphic.  Once the announcement is made by MLS, I'll be very glad to add it.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:01 PM, Gothamite said:

So with the addition of Miami, this is what MLS will look like. Not pictured are Nashville and Cincinnati, which have yet to unveil their colors/logos.  And this graphic presumes a pink Miami shirt, which may be just wishful thinking on my part.

EPFGhBI.png

FC Cincinnati has not announced its new logo yet (They did announce the colors will remain the same, Orange and Blue) They are breaking ground on their training center today and saw this

DneYtiGUYAA38bQ.jpg

That's cool, but I wouldn't read too much into it just yet. 

That may not be official; the Minnesota United graphics department mocked up their own version of the MLS shield just to put something on the website when the club announced they were entering the league.  The actual shield wasn't unveiled, or even discussed, until months later.

I hope they do stick with royal and orange, since it's an unused color scheme in the league.  Royal blue is actually under-used; the only clubs that feature royal blue combine it with equal (at least) amounts of black.  Nobody wears a blue shirt, which still kind of surprises me.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:03 PM, alecgoff said:

Really think they could have added a teal color to the logo, kinda like the Miami Heat's Vice uniform. 

w56h5tgerfwed243t5yhrer.jpg

What an improvement... someone please bring this to their attention!

Nah, they’re good with three colors.  Teal is just one too many.