National Hockey Federation

3pointtally

After working through my previous National Ball Hockey Association earlier this year, I realized that I wasn't into running a "sports fiction" thread and was way more into designing logos and jerseys to go with them. I gave up on that series and have been working on an ice hockey concept called the National Hockey Federation. I've started with 12 teams, home and away jerseys for now, and I've been working on an All Star Game theme. With that said, let's start the reveal.

315405_763460d4fad8450291f83d3423d85d2a~
315405_3496f0d3aceb4d8fba7d43d50f7a9e17~

I have divided the 12 teams into a Northern and Southern Conferences which will expand as I add more teams in the future.

First up is the Baltimore Braves.

315405_4a2b4a250ef74c71af7102184b63dad6~
315405_5ffcfa4fea1540e5bb7ec914328af92e~315405_638a39151ce34fe0a7add7b1d454a36f~

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logos look really nice! I am very excited for this series!

I think the logo on the Braves home is way to big. Also I'm not a fan of the lack of other colors on the Jersey. Even just a little bit of black and yellow could make this whole set pop IMO. The presentation is really well done, and looks clean, but I like to see the pants and socks on a hockey set. It really completes the look. I assume blue pants for this team, but often the color of pants can make a set. 

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried to keep these jerseys a bit simple because some other ones I feel are more extensive so they end up standing out against the others. On my second run through of the teams I'll definitely keep it in mind and play around with some complimentary accents or something.

I couldn't find a pants set that I thought fit well with the jersey template I have so I ended up scrapping the pants and just doing the jerseys. When I can find a pants set to add to the template that I like I'll definitely add the pants and socks too.

21 hours ago, 3pointtally said:

After working through my previous National Ball Hockey Association earlier this year, I realized that I wasn't into running a "sports fiction" thread and was way more into designing logos and jerseys to go with them. I gave up on that series and have been working on an ice hockey concept called the National Hockey Federation. I've started with 12 teams, home and away jerseys for now, and I've been working on an All Star Game theme. With that said, let's start the reveal.

315405_763460d4fad8450291f83d3423d85d2a~
315405_3496f0d3aceb4d8fba7d43d50f7a9e17~

I have divided the 12 teams into a Northern and Southern Conferences which will expand as I add more teams in the future.

First up is the Baltimore Braves.

315405_4a2b4a250ef74c71af7102184b63dad6~
315405_5ffcfa4fea1540e5bb7ec914328af92e~315405_638a39151ce34fe0a7add7b1d454a36f~

Hmmm... That Captain looks suspiciously like the Lake County Captain logos3d81hagkmw8f00eup1bfngdh.gif

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Boston looks great! The logo is interesting too, not sure if it's on purpose but if you rotate it 90 degrees it makes a "B" as well. I know it would kinda look like a 3, but with it being Boston i think it would read right. Pretty cool that you can use the primary as a secondary lol.

Miami is nice. Unique color scheme. Good that you kept the mustard and real away from each other. The logo is ok, not a big fan of the grey with it not being in the actual color scheme and the large black rectangle on his side makes it blocky. Maybe try tapering it with the shape of the shark, I think that will give it some more movement.

4 hours ago, GDLions said:

Boston looks great! The logo is interesting too, not sure if it's on purpose but if you rotate it 90 degrees it makes a "B" as well. I know it would kinda look like a 3, but with it being Boston i think it would read right. Pretty cool that you can use the primary as a secondary lol.

Miami is nice. Unique color scheme. Good that you kept the mustard and real away from each other. The logo is ok, not a big fan of the grey with it not being in the actual color scheme and the large black rectangle on his side makes it blocky. Maybe try tapering it with the shape of the shark, I think that will give it some more movement.

Appreciate the feedback!

I really like how Boston came together myself too. I like Miami but wasn't totally thrilled about it. I've taken your advice and reworked the logo a bit. I also have put together a pants and socks template I'm going to be using for all the updates.

My plan is to reveal all the original sets and then go back and post updates based on the critiques before I reveal some new teams I have been working on.

Again thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely be using your suggestions to improve these.

I'm pumped for pants and socks haha. I found myself going "is Boston wearing black or red pants!? What about Miami?! Black? Teal?" Hahahaha

LV is probably my least favorite so far. The logo seems very static and simple, especially compared to the others you've done here. Personally I'd like to see some white on the home jersey to help break it up some. If you dont want to do that I would at least add a yellow outline to the numbers and NOB. Also just personal preference but I dont like that shade of yellow, it reminds me of the Atlanta Hawks, but that's just me. I do think a white away would be a better look for color balance, but I'm sure you went colord because the logo gets lost on a white Jersey. 

Really looking forward to the updates and the rest of the teams! (Also already hoping for expansion lol)

Wow these are really nice! Especially that white one. I think the numbers and logo are a little big, no names on the back is an interesting choice. Feels a little empty on the back, but its unique and I like that. Well done on these. Probably my second favorite set, behind Boston.

Archived