New OKC Thunder “City” Uniform Posted A Little Too Early

SportsLogos.Net News

September 11, 2018 - 20:08 PM

The Oklahoma City Thunder are getting a new look for their “City” uniform this year, although we’re not sure they meant for it to be revealed to the world quite so soon. Courtesy a Tweet by Red Earth, an organization […]

Read More...

15 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I know NBA teams have a crazy amount of jerseys now, but I hope this is one of those third jerseys that's a test for a rebrand.

I'm not sure about the OKC design on the jersey (I'd have to see the whole jersey), but I absolutely love the color scheme of turquoise, copper, black and white. That's a good starting point for a rebrand for an Oklahoma team IMO.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

23 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

September 11, 2018 - 20:08 PM

OKC-Thunder-City-Uniform-2018-2019-Leak.jpg

The Oklahoma City Thunder are getting a new look for their “City” uniform this year, although we’re not sure they meant for it to be revealed to the world quite so soon. Courtesy a Tweet by Red Earth, an organization […]

Read More...

Bothers me that the numeral is similar but doesn't match. Either make it completely different or match the wordmark. 

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

It's the standard Thunder font, no surprise that they kept it.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Bothers me that the numeral is similar but doesn't match. Either make it completely different or match the wordmark. 

Plus, a number in that OKC font would be horrendously illegible.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Can't say I'm really feeling this look, but it is interesting and better than the current identity, and is an actual identity too. As has been put out, the OKC wordmark looks a lot better in the waistband logo just in white. I also wish the waistband pattern was used on the collar and armhole trim.

It has to be said, though, that non logo and uniform junkies on other boards absolutely hate this look...

Archived