New OKC Thunder “City” Uniform Posted A Little Too Early

SportsLogos.Net News

56 minutes ago, truepg said:

Can't say I'm really feeling this look, but it is interesting and better than the current identity, and is an actual identity too. As has been put out, the OKC wordmark looks a lot better in the waistband logo just in white. I also wish the waistband pattern was used on the collar and armhole trim.

It has to be said, though, that non logo and uniform junkies on other boards absolutely hate this look...

The response from Thunders fans have been generally positive. Certainly a few that don't like it, but the response has been as positive as I've seen from a Thunder uniform design...on par with the Statement uniforms.

Going with the Native American inspired design feels like a no-brainer, and I'm honestly surprised they haven't done something like this sooner. I don't ever think you'll see a rebrand in this style, but I'd venture to guess that this look will be successful, and we'll continue to see other Native American inspired designs from the Thunder in the future.

18 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Bothers me that the numeral is similar but doesn't match. Either make it completely different or match the wordmark. 

Many teams have numbers that don't match the wordmark exactly. Look at the Lakers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Ooh. The city version but orange. I like that idea. I'd be okay with them actually building around this design for a new full-time set, though I'd rather they change their colors.

You and me both. 

Jaguars

Archived