SportsLogos.Net News

New OKC Thunder “City” Uniform Posted A Little Too Early

Umm... I think I like it better then the grey one. Is this like a native american motif? 

14 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Umm... I think I like it better then the grey one. Is this like a native american motif? 

Yes, did you read it? It’s really good looking in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Yes, did you read it? It’s really good looking in my opinion.

I skipped over it I guess 😅7

I actually really like it, it's the best uniform they have in rotation right now.

I could live without the sublimated design on the jersey, but this is pretty cool. There are elements here that could be used in a logo and uniform overhaul in the future.

I know NBA teams have a crazy amount of jerseys now, but I hope this is one of those third jerseys that's a test for a rebrand.

The OKC looks much better dropped out to white on the waistband than the chest mark.

15 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I know NBA teams have a crazy amount of jerseys now, but I hope this is one of those third jerseys that's a test for a rebrand.

I'm not sure about the OKC design on the jersey (I'd have to see the whole jersey), but I absolutely love the color scheme of turquoise, copper, black and white. That's a good starting point for a rebrand for an Oklahoma team IMO.

23 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

New OKC Thunder “City” Uniform Posted A Little Too Early

September 11, 2018 - 20:08 PM

OKC-Thunder-City-Uniform-2018-2019-Leak.jpg

The Oklahoma City Thunder are getting a new look for their “City” uniform this year, although we’re not sure they meant for it to be revealed to the world quite so soon. Courtesy a Tweet by Red Earth, an organization […]

Read More...

Bothers me that the numeral is similar but doesn't match. Either make it completely different or match the wordmark. 

3 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Bothers me that the numeral is similar but doesn't match. Either make it completely different or match the wordmark. 

It's the standard Thunder font, no surprise that they kept it.

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

It's the standard Thunder font, no surprise that they kept it.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Plus, a number in that OKC font would be horrendously illegible.

Numbers are going to be too gaudy if you try to match them with the font. I think it's fantastic the way it is.

Can't say I'm really feeling this look, but it is interesting and better than the current identity, and is an actual identity too. As has been put out, the OKC wordmark looks a lot better in the waistband logo just in white. I also wish the waistband pattern was used on the collar and armhole trim.

It has to be said, though, that non logo and uniform junkies on other boards absolutely hate this look...

It kind of looks like if the Spurs had made a uniform out of their Fiesta logo:

san_antonio_spurs_logo-1989-2002.png