Driveball Super League (Driveball In Japan)

Matthew24

Okay so i tried using Inkscape... I honestly having too many issues on making a logo. It's a bit much and i honestly need help. YouTube isn't helping (then again, when it comes to art, i usually find YouTube worthless for me). I honestly am trying but it getting to the point where i should stop until i find someone willing to teach me. Sadly i have no friends who are talented with art programs.. So i don't know what to do here... If anyone willing to give me tutorial on how to do use Inkscape (like Skype call or something), I would be happy.

Sorry if i sound like a child.. Drawing is something i could never get a grip of. I am a story teller then an artist. It not easy for me to describe the designs or whatever in a drawing. I honestly fail at it. It like on my old account with the CSFL and i felt defeated.. But it's worse now. I rather tell a good story about a made up team then give out bad art.

I wish here, on this site, just a section for writers to express themselves and their stories without needing art. If anyone wanted to make art then they could do it here in Concept for that said league, with permission though.

Guess i should have posted my stories on Deviant Art or hell even a fan fiction site.

*sigh* guess I should stop and accept it. Sorry for wasting everyone time including @neo_prankster .

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

First, I'm sad that you feel like you're wasting people's time. You're definitely not; otherwise, people wouldn't be talking with you here. I feel especially bad because I've been the primary contributor to this thread, and the last thing I wanted to do was to intimidate you into not designing.

As to an Inkscape tutorial, if you click help, you'll find Tutorials in the menu. I'd start there. What's nice about their tutorials is that, rather than just watch a video, you can interact with the program right within the tutorial.

Also, if you don't normally draw with pencil and paper, I highly recommend it as a foundation. Don't even worry about learning to "draw right" right now. Just draw. Draw things you see, even if they don't come out "right." Draw from photos. Draw from memory. Doodle. The more you draw, the more your skills will develop, and the more those skills will transfer to design.

As to whether you could just write your sports histories rather than illustrate them, that's totally fine to do. I'm not sure whether here is the best place. One idea might be to hold contests where you write a story and people compete to come up with the logos for the teams, but all contests have to be approved by the moderators.

The advantage, though, to designing the work yourself is that you get to see your imagination come to life in a way that can be shared with the world. That, to me, is the thrill of designing concepts. It takes time to develop skills, but it's time well spent. Take your time. There's more time in the world than you may think.

rATMcmK.png

Archived