infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL 2018 Week One

infrared41

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

The Ravens in all white do look much better than the black pants. But I wish they would bring back the old socks.

24superbowl.pop.jpg

They should wear those socks with the black pants.  That would look great and avoid the yoga pants look.

I'll have to disagree about the Bears' all white look, at least the way they usually wore it in the early 2000s.  If they'd paired them with the Navy socks, it might have been passable, given that's how they were worn in the Sayers/Butkus era.  Instead, they typically wore the same white socks that were/are paired with the Navy pants, and didn't look all that good.  In any case, the Navy pants/white jersey combo is simply a superior look to all white IMO.

I know all white was occasionally worn under Lovie, but I hope I never see it again, as I mainly associate that look with that moron Jauron.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 9/12/2018 at 10:40 AM, whitedawg22 said:

I think that matchup, with the Packers in their home uniform and Bears in blue/white/blue, might be the best possible matchup in the entire league. 

True fact. Maximum amount of color while still maintaining a white jersey team. The fact that the Bears have bright orange as a complementary color just works brilliantly against the green/gold of the packers. 

1 hour ago, Discrimihater said:

I'll have to disagree about the Bears' all white look, at least the way they usually wore it in the early 2000s.  If they'd paired them with the Navy socks, it might have been passable, given that's how they were worn in the Sayers/Butkus era.  Instead, they typically wore the same white socks that were/are paired with the Navy pants, and didn't look all that good.  In any case, the Navy pants/white jersey combo is simply a superior look to all white IMO.

I know all white was occasionally worn under Lovie, but I hope I never see it again, as I mainly associate that look with that moron Jauron.

I for one like the way the Bears all whites looked under Jauron/Lovie but only in very specific circumstances. For example if they played the Rams in their 80's throwbacks that would be perfect. 

I wonder if they would look good wearing the throwback, Monsters of the Midway socks. That's what the all whites were originally paired with. 

orig.jpgmitchell-trubisky-of-the-chicago-bears-r

Bears all-white looks very odd to me since I’ve always been so used to the navy pants. It almost looks like a practice game where both sides are wearing white pants then one puts on white jerseys. Not saying they look like practice uniforms, just that it to my eyes it’s not their look. 

Id be ok with it against a heavily navy team, as I don’t like it when so much of a single color is on the field, but other than that they should just stick with their look. 

That being said, I wouldn’t mind seeing their orange pants (that apparently existed but were never used) with the white jerseys, even if just as a 1-time trial. I don’t think it’d be better than the navy pants, but I really like the Steelers road colors so maybe it’d produce a similar effect. 

Now, just to stay on topic...

... “meh”. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Bears all-white looks very odd to me since I’ve always been so used to the navy pants. It almost looks like a practice game where both sides are wearing white pants then one puts on white jerseys. Not saying they look like practice uniforms, just that it to my eyes it’s not their look. 

Id be ok with it against a heavily navy team, as I don’t like it when so much of a single color is on the field, but other than that they should just stick with their look. 

That being said, I wouldn’t mind seeing their orange pants (that apparently existed but were never used) with the white jerseys, even if just as a 1-time trial. I don’t think it’d be better than the navy pants, but I really like the Steelers road colors so maybe it’d produce a similar effect. 

Now, just to stay on topic...

... “meh”. 

Maybe the issue is that all you young whippersnappers have grown up watching the Bears in navy pants.  They debuted in 1984 . . . when I was 17.  Since I grew up seeing them in white pants full time, that still looks right to me.  Walter Payton became a star wearing white pants on the road.

f491d07eaaa9ba7d627eaa628d53721e--walterg249030_u92369_walter-payton-airbound.jp

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Infrared41 - I am not trying to hijack your post, but wanted to share out of 165 votes, here was the top uniform matchups on the week from the Uni Watch Fans Facebook Page: 

1) Bears at Packers 

2) 49ers at Vikings 

3) Chiefs at Chargers

You can see the rest on our blog: http://uwfsportsaesthetics.blogspot.com/2018/09/nfl-week-1-uniform-match-up-survey.html

spacer.png

12 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Kinda surprised @infrared41 didn't poopoo the Bucs this time...but maybe the Saints in their gold/black/gold home set was a positive.

Exactly. To make the worst list, both teams have to look bad.  The Bucs certainly qualified, but the Saints looked good. 

BB52Big.jpg

14 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Maybe the issue is that all you young whippersnappers have grown up watching the Bears in navy pants.  They debuted in 1984 . . . when I was 17.  Since I grew up seeing them in white pants full time, that still looks right to me.  Walter Payton became a star wearing white pants on the road.

f491d07eaaa9ba7d627eaa628d53721e--walterg249030_u92369_walter-payton-airbound.jp

Set 'em straight, brother. B)

BB52Big.jpg

13 hours ago, nuordr said:

Infrared41 - I am not trying to hijack your post, but wanted to share out of 165 votes, here was the top uniform matchups on the week from the Uni Watch Fans Facebook Page: 

1) Bears at Packers 

2) 49ers at Vikings 

3) Chiefs at Chargers

You can see the rest on our blog: http://uwfsportsaesthetics.blogspot.com/2018/09/nfl-week-1-uniform-match-up-survey.html

Then don't. B) Seriously though, if you think advertising your blog posting the weekly uni-watch votes adds to the thread, feel free. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived