New Era to become official outfitter of the CFL in 2019

monkeypower

13 hours ago, DiePerske said:

proving once again, that manufacturers logos are nothing but an ad

Yet sometimes people argue when I say that US sports have had ads on them for decades. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Era has had their own line of "basics" for about a year or two now.  The quality is good:  https://www.sanmar.com/Brands/New-Era/c/bra-newera

Hard to say whether this is a win or loss for the CFL or New Era, but at least it's something different than the Big 3.

So...does this mean that Adidas is doing the XFL?

We all know the deal with "manufacturer" ads on game jerseys, but I think the real question is whether New Era will produce their own replica jerseys for retail or just hand it over to Fanatics.

Half-related tangent: I used to like the pre-NFL Equipment era when multiple manufacturers made replicas for the same team. I owned Bills jerseys made by 5-6 different manufacturers (Champion, Puma, Reebok, Logo Athletic, etc), all in the same 2-year period, each of which was pretty noticeably different from the rest.

On 9/14/2018 at 5:47 PM, Volt said:

New Era has had their own line of "basics" for about a year or two now.  The quality is good:  https://www.sanmar.com/Brands/New-Era/c/bra-newera

Hard to say whether this is a win or loss for the CFL or New Era, but at least it's something different than the Big 3.

So...does this mean that Adidas is doing the XFL?

I'm good with this if the use A1 uniforms. Otherwise I'd rather they use UA.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, docrocket said:

Wow!  That’s a unique form of hospital billing...

Don’t worry, I’ll see myself out.

That's not the bill; it's the lube before they give you the bill.

• 5 weeks later...

As mentioned earlier in this thread, teams will be keeping their uniforms the same. However, it was reported that one team would go through a re-branding in 2019, and that appears to be the Alouettes:

DpjrG0tU0AALnF_.jpg

DpjujJJW4AAgPPQ.jpg

At least the 2018 multiple helmet thing makes sense now. I wonder if these are the actual designs or just placeholders since the red on blue might be hard to read from a distance. The February release date is supposed to coincide with the release of all of the team's New Era uniforms.

18 minutes ago, G-tron said:

As mentioned earlier in this thread, teams will be keeping their uniforms the same. However, it was reported that one team would go through a re-branding in 2019, and that appears to be the Alouettes:

DpjrG0tU0AALnF_.jpg

DpjujJJW4AAgPPQ.jpg

At least the 2018 multiple helmet thing makes sense now. I wonder if these are the actual designs or just placeholders since the red on blue might be hard to read from a distance. The February release date is supposed to coincide with the release of all of the team's New Era uniforms.

Once again, a disappointing decision. If I were Ottawa, Saskatchewan or Calgary I'd be making a beeline to get a  new jersey so I don't look like everyone else. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

37 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Once again, a disappointing decision. If I were Ottawa, Saskatchewan or Calgary I'd be making a beeline to get a  new jersey so I don't look like everyone else. 

Yeah, it's really puzzling that Ottawa and Calgary insist on having the same colours on the same uniform template. Ottawa should be primarily black with red accents, Calgary should be primarily red with black accents. With both teams having red and black prominently, they look like intra-squad games when they play. Calgary ditching the black helmet would go a long way to fixing this.

Another worry now would be the Alouettes having a navy blue helmet and navy blue home jersey, similar to the Argonauts. I'd rather have them stick with white helmets, if that's the case.

1 minute ago, G-tron said:

Yeah, it's really puzzling that Ottawa and Calgary insist on having the same colours on the same uniform template. Ottawa should be primarily black with red accents, Calgary should be primarily red with black accents. With both teams having red and black prominently, they look like intra-squad games when they play. Calgary ditching the black helmet would go a long way to fixing this.

Another worry now would be the Alouettes having a navy blue helmet and navy blue home jersey, similar to the Argonauts. I'd rather have them stick with white helmets, if that's the case.

I think the Alouettes aren't thinking of a navy helmet. Only because they wore their Labour Day uniform but still wore white helmets. I'd prefer they go back to the 1996 uniforms with silver helmets and pants but I think they're better off with white helmets. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the Alouettes aren't thinking of a navy helmet. Only because they wore their Labour Day uniform but still wore white helmets. I'd prefer they go back to the 1996 uniforms with silver helmets and pants but I think they're better off with white helmets. 

You mean their alternate uniforms? They've worn nothing but white helmets all year in what I assume would be to maintain some level of thematic consistency with the alternating helmet logo thing. So you think these are a placeholder eh? I'd like the silver helmets too since I associate them with the Alouettes' success from 1996-2012, but I think they're staying away from it.

9 minutes ago, G-tron said:

You mean their alternate uniforms? They've worn nothing but white helmets all year in what I assume would be to maintain some level of thematic consistency with the alternating helmet logo thing. So you think these are a placeholder eh? I'd like the silver helmets too since I associate them with the Alouettes' success from 1996-2012, but I think they're staying away from it.

I just think they decided they were going with one helmet for some dumb reason instead of using the correct helmet that went with that uniform. That's why I think they'd want to keep the white helmets only when they rebrand next year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived