Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

Pic: San Jose Sharks New Third Jersey Leaked

Triple teal? There has to be a better way.

The crest should have more teal to stand out better from the background. It kinda seems like a problem stemming from keeping a logo the same on a different color background, but they actually did tweak the logo to make it like this.

What happened to using the new animated Shark?  Adding yet another logo to their already crowded brand is Senators-level incompetence.

Just now, Morgo said:

What happened to using the new animated Shark?  Adding yet another logo to their already crowded brand is Senators-level incompetence.

This?

2654642017.gif

It's the home jersey shoulder patch...

9072_san_jose_sharks-dark-2017.png

I know that there's not going to be a lot of contrast with just the black and teal, but IF the teal pops on the real uniforms, these will be a nice alt. If it's a bit flat like the mockup, it might be a bit too muddled

I wonder if that's a new shark fin logo on the shoulder (Sharks' brass hinted at a new fin logo last winter), or the same shoulder logo as the primary home. Given that it looks to be a circular shoulder logo, I hope it's something like we saw in the 90s.

28 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I wonder if that's a new shark fin logo on the shoulder (Sharks' brass hinted at a new fin logo last winter), or the same shoulder logo as the primary home. Given that it looks to be a circular shoulder logo, I hope it's something like we saw in the 90s.

It's 100% the fin logo. 

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

0912-sjs18alt-leak.png?format=750w

17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

This?

2654642017.gif

It's the home jersey shoulder patch...

That inexplicably doesn't appear on the road jersey or anywhere else.  You could forgive the redundancy of yet another shark appearing on the shoulders if they centered their new alternate around it.  Instead they've created yet another unnecessary mark to further dilute their brand.

I suppose you could forgive yet another logo if it didn't look like it was re-coloured in paint.  What is the point of making the triangle black and removing all the outlines?  So it can stand out better on the black background of the jersey? 

What's the point of making the hockey stick teal?  To add two more colours to an already crowded palette?  This team makes the Senators look like they know what they're doing.

"The circuit board pattern on the sleeve striping symbolizes our team's connection to Silicon Valley. Like the great tech innovators of our region, we strive to excel at taking established ideas and claiming them as our own, and failing spectacularly with other people's money."

55 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

"The circuit board pattern on the sleeve striping symbolizes our team's connection to Silicon Valley. Like the great tech innovators of our region, we strive to excel at taking established ideas and claiming them as our own, and failing spectacularly with other people's money."

“The teal remains unchanged.”

Ugh, that logo.  What possessed the Sharks to add all those terrible outlines?

On 9/13/2018 at 2:12 PM, poser said:

What could have been 

See, Grey would have been good. The baby Sharks have done grey 3rds before. Black jerseys are literally everywhere. Horrible.