Discrim

I don't often recycle designs practically verbatim, but when I'd posted my Missouri set, I was thinking at least one jersey would actually be a better fit for Murray State.  I'm not sure if I'll post any alternates or not.  Actually, I think I will, a little later.  The helmet and pants are at least a bit different from what I did with Mizzou, at least.

murraystatefbmain18.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On the horse and rider, no, but there are two tertiary M's that have silk patterns, one diamonds, the other checkers, both in gold/white.  Murray State also has a live racehorse at football games, and from the pics I'm looking at, such patterns as stars, chevrons and checkers have been used for silks.  The Aussie rules concept I'd done for the Racers leaned towards the checkers, for the gridiron I went in the other direction.  I decided I will be posting an alternate, though I'm undecided as to whether to just post that one or put a second alt together.  In contrast to where the only thing (aside from colors and logos) I actually tweaked on either main jersey from the Mizzou version was the white jersey's collar, the alternate that's ready looks nothing like either Mizzou alternate, and I may have gotten an idea for the alt I haven't done yet.  Both, as well as the diamond numbers on the main set, have/will be aiming for an "outlandish yet restrained" aesthetic.

2016cubscreamsig.png

...and here are the alts.  As I said, I aimed for outlandish, yet restrained, and by my own admission, the gold alt is probably closer to that ideal, while the navy alt is closer to simply outlandish :hockeysmiley: (if you don't think so...keep in mind, the way the Chargers use lightning bolts is outlandish, yet restrained.  The fact that that's how they've always done it is the only reason no one considers it outlandish)

As I mentioned earlier, a live racehorse attends Murray State home games, with the jockey decked out in navy and gold silks of varying designs.  Two that caught my eye were chevrons and stars, which I combined on the first alt (the sleeve stripes are the chevrons).  Diamond shoulder stripes are the key element of the gold alt, which is paired with navy pants, though they also feature "shadow" chevrons on the torso.

murraystatefbalt18.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived