Colorado Avalanche Unveil Third Uniform for 2018-19

SportsLogos.Net News

Colorado Avalanche Unveil Third Uniform for 2018-19

September 13, 2018 - 17:08 PM

The Colorado Avalanche this afternoon unveiled their alternate third jersey for the 2018-19 NHL season, a straight-up transfer of their old alternate onto the new Adidas cut. As was the case before, the main focus of the uniform is the mountain […]

Read More...

The state flag (on one shoulder) is still a terrible feature on a hockey jersey. So is the yoke. This would have been a great time to put the yeti feet back on the shoulders.

White numbers outlined in silver and maroon (silver being the outer color) would improve this jersey tenfold.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The state flag (on one shoulder) is still a terrible feature on a hockey jersey. So is the yoke. This would have been a great time to put the yeti feet back on the shoulders.

White numbers outlined in silver and maroon (silver being the outer color) would improve this jersey tenfold.

Nah, the solid white numbers work perfectly with the yoke and stripes. If anything, it’s the silver on the logo that should go.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

53 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Nah, the solid white numbers work perfectly with the yoke and stripes. If anything, it’s the silver on the logo that should go.

There was a navy Avs' shirsey (with regular primary logo on front) on Fanatics a year or two ago with white numbers and double outlines...and it looked phenomenal. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I cannot stand these sweaters. I hate the squared off yoke but I hate the dark color combination. Navy and burgundy should not be used together. Using the regular lighter blue would make this much better.

I really do not like a single thing about those uniforms. The two most prominent colors on that uniform are navy blue and white, which are nowhere to be found on their normal home and away uniforms... 

cut.jpg

If you're going to do a "civic/city/state pride uniform," just do it! I just don't understand why they decided to manipulate the colors to reference none of the inspiration for this jersey; it doesn't look like the Avalanche, it doesn't look like the Rockies, and it doesn't look like the Colorado state flag.

5 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I cannot stand these sweaters. I hate the squared off yoke but I hate the dark color combination. Navy and burgundy should not be used together. Using the regular lighter blue would make this much better.

I'm with you 100%. These were the second worst thirds next to the Buffalo turdburger originally.

19 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I hate squared yokes too. One of my biggest pet peeves in current hockey jersey design. 

Agreed on the murky colors as well. Thumbs down from me. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

On 9/13/2018 at 9:18 PM, WSU151 said:

There was a navy Avs' shirsey (with regular primary logo on front) on Fanatics a year or two ago with white numbers and double outlines...and it looked phenomenal. 

But the only other design element on a shirt like that is the team logo. No yoke, no stripes, solid color. Double outline numbers work fine in s vacuum, or with the Avs busy primary mark and previous jersey designs, but they don’t work with the ultra-simple mark and striping on their third.

23 hours ago, GFB said:

I really do not like a single thing about those uniforms. The two most prominent colors on that uniform are navy blue and white, which are nowhere to be found on their normal home and away uniforms... 

cut.jpg

If you're going to do a "civic/city/state pride uniform," just do it! I just don't understand why they decided to manipulate the colors to reference none of the inspiration for this jersey; it doesn't look like the Avalanche, it doesn't look like the Rockies, and it doesn't look like the Colorado state flag.

Strangely, navy blue has always been their preferred dark color. I don’t know why, but they don’t like black, even though it’s in their logos and plays a relatively major role in their uniform. One of those weird quirks.

ff_2118798_xl.jpg&w=340

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I"m fine if teams use different colours for their alternate jerseys, but they have to do it right.  Not entirely sure that's the case here.  I think the colours are just too dark and the logo on the front seems more appropriate as a shoulder logo.  

The problem with this uniform is that it doesn't look like it belongs with the main set.  When you factor in the slapdash flag it contains three colours nowhere to be found on their other uniforms.  Maybe going with the lighter blue and removing the flag would salvage the look.

iEiGPqG.pngC2OIEkx.png

Archived