SportsLogos.Net News

Colorado Avalanche Unveil Third Uniform for 2018-19

Recommended Posts

Colorado Avalanche Unveil Third Uniform for 2018-19

September 13, 2018 - 17:08 PM

The Colorado Avalanche this afternoon unveiled their alternate third jersey for the 2018-19 NHL season, a straight-up transfer of their old alternate onto the new Adidas cut. As was the case before, the main focus of the uniform is the mountain […]

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The state flag (on one shoulder) is still a terrible feature on a hockey jersey. So is the yoke. This would have been a great time to put the yeti feet back on the shoulders.

 

White numbers outlined in silver and maroon (silver being the outer color) would improve this jersey tenfold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, with a state flag that looks as good as that one, I’ll take it any day.  Especially over the goofy Yeti foot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The state flag (on one shoulder) is still a terrible feature on a hockey jersey. So is the yoke. This would have been a great time to put the yeti feet back on the shoulders.

 

White numbers outlined in silver and maroon (silver being the outer color) would improve this jersey tenfold.

 

Nah, the solid white numbers work perfectly with the yoke and stripes. If anything, it’s the silver on the logo that should go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the idea of state or province flags on jerseys. I feel they would clash with the jersey's original presentation, good or bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, joekono said:

I don't like the idea of state or province flags on jerseys. I feel they would clash with the jersey's original presentation, good or bad.

It is most dumb when more than one team plays in said state/province/territory.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

 

Nah, the solid white numbers work perfectly with the yoke and stripes. If anything, it’s the silver on the logo that should go.

 

There was a navy Avs' shirsey (with regular primary logo on front) on Fanatics a year or two ago with white numbers and double outlines...and it looked phenomenal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I cannot stand these sweaters. I hate the squared off yoke but I hate the dark color combination. Navy and burgundy should not be used together. Using the regular lighter blue would make this much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the cut of the shoulder yoke, it actually seems to be the same as the home and away, just no piping and ending at the arm/shoulder. A little different than the curve of the Reebok version 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really do not like a single thing about those uniforms. The two most prominent colors on that uniform are navy blue and white, which are nowhere to be found on their normal home and away uniforms... 

cut.jpg

 

If you're going to do a "civic/city/state pride uniform," just do it! I just don't understand why they decided to manipulate the colors to reference none of the inspiration for this jersey; it doesn't look like the Avalanche, it doesn't look like the Rockies, and it doesn't look like the Colorado state flag.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I cannot stand these sweaters. I hate the squared off yoke but I hate the dark color combination. Navy and burgundy should not be used together. Using the regular lighter blue would make this much better.

I'm with you 100%. These were the second worst thirds next to the Buffalo turdburger originally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad it never became the regular jersey but as a third, I still love it.  Love the mix of dark navy, burgundy and the contrasting white.  Clean and sharp IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would make two changes to the logo.  Drop the silver outline and make that solid white.  Replace the blue inner circle with silver:

 

wq8WeIT.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I cannot stand these sweaters. I hate the squared off yoke but I hate the dark color combination. Navy and burgundy should not be used together. Using the regular lighter blue would make this much better.

 

I hate squared yokes too. One of my biggest pet peeves in current hockey jersey design. 

 

Agreed on the murky colors as well. Thumbs down from me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 9:18 PM, WSU151 said:

 

There was a navy Avs' shirsey (with regular primary logo on front) on Fanatics a year or two ago with white numbers and double outlines...and it looked phenomenal. 

 

But the only other design element on a shirt like that is the team logo. No yoke, no stripes, solid color. Double outline numbers work fine in s vacuum, or with the Avs busy primary mark and previous jersey designs, but they don’t work with the ultra-simple mark and striping on their third.

 

23 hours ago, GFB said:

I really do not like a single thing about those uniforms. The two most prominent colors on that uniform are navy blue and white, which are nowhere to be found on their normal home and away uniforms... 

cut.jpg

 

If you're going to do a "civic/city/state pride uniform," just do it! I just don't understand why they decided to manipulate the colors to reference none of the inspiration for this jersey; it doesn't look like the Avalanche, it doesn't look like the Rockies, and it doesn't look like the Colorado state flag.

 

 

Strangely, navy blue has always been their preferred dark color. I don’t know why, but they don’t like black, even though it’s in their logos and plays a relatively major role in their uniform. One of those weird quirks.

 

ff_2118798_xl.jpg&w=340

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I"m fine if teams use different colours for their alternate jerseys, but they have to do it right.  Not entirely sure that's the case here.  I think the colours are just too dark and the logo on the front seems more appropriate as a shoulder logo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These suck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with this uniform is that it doesn't look like it belongs with the main set.  When you factor in the slapdash flag it contains three colours nowhere to be found on their other uniforms.  Maybe going with the lighter blue and removing the flag would salvage the look.

 

iEiGPqG.pngC2OIEkx.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now