2018-19 NHL Season

ninersdd

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now more than ever it's becoming clear that the Blackhawks wouldn't have done so poorly and might not have missed the playoffs last year if Corey Crawford wasn't hurt. That being said, Jonathan Toews looking like he might be returning to form certainly doesn't hurt either.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

Now more than ever it's becoming clear that the Blackhawks wouldn't have done so poorly and might not have missed the playoffs last year if Corey Crawford wasn't hurt. That being said, Jonathan Toews looking like he might be returning to form certainly doesn't hurt either.

Toews had a bad year last year, and I feel like if the Hawks did have Crawford, it would have been close last year. The whole team had a mediocre season. 

They are definitely are having a better season though

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

They didn't have a mediocre season, they had an unbelievably terrible season. Toews, Kane, and Saad all hit career lows, Seabrook was woefully out of shape, everyone's shooting percentage was way down, and the organization finally ran out of 1A-caliber backup goaltenders after hitting it big on Niemi, Emery, Raanta, and Darling. Everything that could go wrong did and it would be very hard to replicate that sort of misfortune.

There are still a lot of problems on this team, especially on the blue line. I hated the Hjalmarsson/Murphy trade from day one because I'm not a believer in anyone who looks impressive on low-pressure, terminally out-of-it teams, and I thought it was a dick move to trade one of the very few players who actually took less money to stay with the team and the one who has physically sacrificed the most along the way. All the hard miles finally caught up to Hjalmarsson last year, but he appears to be back on track, while Connor Murphy is out indefinitely with a bad back. I'd undo that trade. Brandon Manning is often personally responsible for goals against, Brandon Davidson is a big nothing, and I'm not sure what Jan Rutta does. They need help bad but there's no help on the way; Forsling is on a conditioning assignment in Rockford but has been obviated by Henry Jokiharju, who's been impressive as hell at 19 while Forsling has logged 200some games without making The NHL Defenseman Leap. In other words,

giphy.gif

So I don't know where we're gonna get the help we need. Alec Martinez? Mark Pysyk? How can anyone trade for the man more valuable than Jonathan Marchessault?

Most likely they finish fifth in the division and get fed to the Perds or Jets (who are really not coming out of the gate strong, I must say). 

EDIT: oh how could I forget, Chris Kunitz is making a bid for worst player in the NHL and yet he cannot seem to get a healthy scratch. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

OK... this has reached a new level of absurdity, though both pages are pretty entertaining.

A few of my favorite lines:

WHEREAS, Gritty has been described as a 7-foot tall orange hellion, a fuzzy eldritch horror, a ghastly empty-eyed Mupped with a Delco beard, a cross of Snuffleupagus and Oscar the Grouch, a deranged orange lunatic, an acid trip of a mascot, a shaggy orange Wookie-esque grotesquerie, a 

non-binary leftist icon, an orange menace, a ranging id, and an antihero.

it has been argued that he "conveys the absurdity and struggle of modern life under capitalism"

Gritty, like our steadfast commitment to justice in the face of adversity, will not be mocked or stopped

Gritty may be a hideous monster, but he is our hideous monster

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/26/2018 at 10:47 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

OK... this has reached a new level of absurdity, though both pages are pretty entertaining.

A few of my favorite lines:

We made a thing at work today....and in the process of purchasing materials for this, we discovered that there's a literal shortage of orange fur in the greater Philadelphia area. We had to buy an orange wig, cut it in half for the hair and beard, then cut orange pom-poms in half for the face fur. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Grittymania's runnin' wild, brother.

Vaq6ezE.jpg

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

We made a thing at work today....and in the process of purchasing materials for this, we discovered that there's a literal shortage of orange fur in the greater Philadelphia area. We had to buy an orange wig, cut it in half for the hair and beard, then cut orange pom-poms in half for the face fur. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Grittymania's runnin' wild, brother.

Vaq6ezE.jpg

Oh shoot. I thought someone finally beheaded him. 

2 hours ago, LMU said:

Quick just had meniscus surgery.

Hell of a year to finally take the dive and get a ticket package.

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT. IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Congratulations Blue Jackets and thank you for letting me witness the worst power play in recent history in person.

*Shorthanded goal by Kopitar

*Shorthanded penalty shot goal by Brown

VmWIn6B.png

Blackhawks fired Joel Quenneville today.  Writing was kind of on the wall, but meh.  Bowman's show now.

*hurls sarcastic confetti*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

Blackhawks fired Joel Quenneville today.  Writing was kind of on the wall, but meh.  Bowman's show now.

*hurls sarcastic confetti*

Bowman is hoping that Colliton is passable, because if things don’t shape up, Bowman is next. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived