ninersdd

2018-19 NHL Season

29 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Lol....but in all realness. They look really good. The Sharks have always been another Washington Capitals. An amazing regular season team only to fizzle out in the playoffs. Well, the Caps did it. Maybe it's the Sharks year.

I hope so, although if we’re going to carry the metaphor through, the Sharks would get their Cup after Karlsson leaves. The Caps won their Cup during the season their expectations were as low as they’d been in a while. Expectations for the Sharks are now sky high. 

The Sharks will need some offence too.

They have Tomas Hertl, a couple of other decent players, and Joe Thornton's still there too. I'm familiar with some, but unfamiliar with much of their roster. They will walk into a brick wall of offensive adversity come playoff time and usually rent-a-players aren't difference makers in the playoffs, if the Sharks decide to stock up at the deadline. I remember Marty St. Louis greatly helping the Rangers reach a Cup final, but they didn't get the Cup in the end.

I can't recall the Capitals adding any big name to their line-up, last year during their run. If they made a move, I don't remember it getting much attention.

13 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The Sharks will need some offence too.

They have Tomas Hertl, a couple of other decent players, and Joe Thornton's still there too. I'm familiar with some, but unfamiliar with much of their roster. They will walk into a brick wall of offensive adversity come playoff time and usually rent-a-players aren't difference makers in the playoffs, if the Sharks decide to stock up at the deadline. I remember Marty St. Louis greatly helping the Rangers reach a Cup final, but they didn't get the Cup in the end.

I can't recall the Capitals adding any big name to their line-up, last year during their run. If they made a move, I don't remember it getting much attention.

Evander Kane seemed to help put some in the net down the stretch and into the playoffs.

21 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Lol....but in all realness. They look really good. The Sharks have always been another Washington Capitals. An amazing regular season team only to fizzle out in the playoffs. Well, the Caps did it. Maybe it's the Sharks year.

I think I gave up too much hope in 2016 and considering how it seemed to be the year of the choker, I think the Sharks really missed their opportunity there. Also, it would've been something had the Preds won too, giving three fanbases their first Cup and making it four teams getting off the schnide over the decade. 

Oh well, life's a bitch and then you die. 

I predicted Pacioretty is going to be a success in Vegas. He's already catching on...

The NHL YouTube released this awesome video paying tribute to the teams and players on the top band of the Stanley Cup who will be removed from it. The 2017-18 Caps start a new band on the bottom.