2018-19 NHL Season

ninersdd

9 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Can we stop with the race to the bottom for most disgusting arena/stadium food? Everything worth eating has already been invented. Ever since the cronut, it's been all downhill.

DohQ3C6XkAAaIQY.jpg

Aside from the Snickers that's acceptable, not something I'd ever personally order but still fine.

Adding the chocolate though ?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminder not to overreact to the first ten games of the season. Unless you start the season 0-8 like the 2015 Blue Jackets. Then you're boned for the next six months and you should find another hobby. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I assumed when I went to bed, I'd wake up to a 3-2 Sharks win, be it in OT or in the shootout.

Ohhhh man, was I in for a nice surprise this morning. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Reminder not to overreact to the first ten games of the season. Unless you start the season 0-8 like the 2015 Blue Jackets. Then you're boned for the next six months and you should find another hobby. 

True, but if you're not in a playoff position by American Thanksgiving, your season is almost certainly over. Wow, great one-month season we have

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really try to avoid the whole “the league was against us” or “the NHL rigged it” attitude, but it’s hard to not feel a little shafted after that loss. Having to play your bitter rival on the road in the second half of a back to back to start your season, while they get to open against you on the back end of that back to back against a tired goalie, seems a little unfair. But hey, loser point. ?

spacer.png

Always a great sign when you can't get through the first period of the season without your own play-by-play man complaining about how awful the goalie is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I really try to avoid the whole “the league was against us” or “the NHL rigged it” attitude, but it’s hard to not feel a little shafted after that loss. Having to play your bitter rival on the road in the second half of a back to back to start your season, while they get to open against you on the back end of that back to back against a tired goalie, seems a little unfair. But hey, loser point. ?

I like ya Crabcake, and I’m legit happy that the Caps won the Cup. It’s great to see long-suffering franchises rewarded. And like the LA Angles? I’ll always appreciate you guys for stoping a great evil from winning it all. 

That said? You won the Cup. You’re not allowed to complain for five years. 

Anyway the first two nights of the season...

Leafs win! Woooo! 

Seeing the Sens lose is always fun, so thanks Blackhawks. 

Nice to see that the Jets don’t seem to be a one season wonder. 

Good on the Ducks. John Gibson remains my man. Go Rangers (Kitchener edition)!

:censored: you Knights. No more free rides. Time for you and your fans to know the true misery that comes with following this G-dforsaken league. 

I hope Gritty kills your mascot in its sleep. 

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I like ya Crabcake, and I’m legit happy that the Caps won the Cup. It’s great to see long-suffering franchises rewarded. And like the LA Angles? I’ll always appreciate you guys for stoping a great evil from winning it all. 

His team just lost a heartbreaker, no need to be obtuse 

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Anyway the first two nights of the season...

Leafs win! Woooo! 

Seeing the Sens lose is always fun, so thanks Blackhawks. 

Nice to see that the Jets don’t seem to be a one season wonder. 

Good on the Ducks. John Gibson remains my man. Go Rangers (Kitchener edition)!

:censored: you Knights. No more free rides. Time for you and your fans to know the true misery that comes with following this G-dforsaken league. 

I hope Gritty kills your mascot in its sleep. 

Which one? The Gila monster or the fake accent dork in armor?

VmWIn6B.png

Archived